CM Manual Status

Guest Capt_Manieri

As well as a section on how great it was to have you help out in such a meaningful manner Manieri (i believe that section will be blank though wink.gif ).

Seriously though, yes I have word on the manual but NO, I'm not going to tell you anything about it.

As to what is in it...

The manual focusses mainly on Combat Mission with forays into the ethics of post-feminist re-appraisal of the works of Germaine Greer and their implications for study of the inter-relationship of the economic and military infrastructures in modern-day America.

There's also a length discussion on what the rules of gentlemanly conduct at a black tie dinner party during the mid 19th Century were as well as the social roles adopted by each of the participants.

After those rivetting discussions there's a little bit about giving credit to those involved in making Combat Mission and that's it.

So, in other words, pretty much what you expected oh knowledgeable one wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Well Peter, I hear the only pictures in it will be of those naked women draped over gun barrels Lindan asked for although there WILL be a centrefold pullout..

yes, all of you guys who missed Panzer Juli now get to catch the JagdTiger in all its glory (features cut-outs WOOHOO !!! )

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Guest Madmatt

Umm actaully Fionn, there has been a slight change to the pullout...It's still in there but it aint no girly picture! tongue.gif

Damn, and I was having a shiny head day too!!!

BALD AND PROUD BABY!!! rolleyes.gif

Madmatt out..Scarier in person than you can possibly imagine! biggrin.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

It's not you wearing that red dress they keep askign about is it?

Or... EVEN WORSE... You NOT wearing ANY DRESS !!!!

Uh... must have shower and wash horrible image from my memory...

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Caution...Elvis is defending the Captain here.

I think the Capt. was asking 1 legit thing here and altought I have picked on him before I don't believe it is as warranted here as some other posts by the little hammerhead.

Point 1. I beleive that the Capt. thinks (as I do) that the manual is delaying release as much as the fine tuning of the the game itself and he felt if he could fish around for an answer to how the manual is coming along he would get a better idea on the status of the game itself. If this is true Capt. nice try pal.

Point 2. There was a lenghty discussion some time ago about what types of things were people would like to see in the manual. On this point the Capt. did not make a silly post. It would be interesting to hear which of the things from the old post made it in and which didn't. Not unreasonable for him to ask.

If you want to pick on the Capt about this post then pick on him for his cheap attempt to get a status on the game through a thinly veiled question about the manual.

Wow,this was a much longer post than I thought it would be.

Guest Capt_Manieri

Well, Elvis did figure out my motive. I'm afraid that the manual itself could halt production for a little bit. Given the fact that they were asking for suggestions for stuff to put in it around late December, made me a little nervous.

Guest teutonic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Tom:

Girl's on top of gun barrels? How am I to compete with that?!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your not, so get off this board and send me my turn wink.gif

------------------

Teutonic

Yeaaaaa just made member eek.gifbiggrin.gifcool.giftongue.gif

[This message has been edited by teutonic (edited 01-27-2000).]

I don't think any of us really know the answer. We're covering our ignorance by making funny remarks.

If BTS's past is any indication, they took our manual suggestions under advisement. I read some good ideas in the 'Manual' thread and I hope they get implemented.

Although for those of us that have read every single message on this board I don't know if a manual is really necessary.

And my answer of 'Words. Sentences. And stuff.' was correct if not very accurate. smile.gif

Jason

I agree... after reading thousands of post i don't think we need a manuel so much as a help guide on using the editor. smile.gif

Lorak

P.S. but a women on an 88 is a good idea too.... maybe a CM calender?

------------------

"A stupid man dies a stupid death."