Survey: what years should be included in CM2?

As an avid lover of all things Eastern Front, I was wondering if CM2

i) would include the Great Motherland war in its entirety from 1941 through to 1945,

ii) would allow battles prior to 1941 (eg the Russian invasion of Finland), or

iii) would allow battles commencing only from a period well after Operation Barbarossa?

My own preference would be, if the scope of the entire Eastern Front war is too large to model, to commence it circa 1943 when both the Russians and Germans were phasing in the next generation of armour (eg Panther D, Su 85, Su 152, T34/76 C, etc).

What is everone else's view on this?

Mace

btw, we all know that CM is just training for the real one, CM2, right? wink.gif

Guest KwazyDog

Mace, I dont think this one needs a survey as its pretty much already been decided and stated by Battlefront smile.gif

It will indeed cover 41-45 I believe. Do a search and you should find out some more info..

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skurg:

A large bottle of Finland 1939 would go very well with CM2.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose they'll include that, and the Poland 1939, to the 'early war' sequel (was it CM4). Four years should be enough. Heck, if they're going to include four times as long period as is in CM:BO, it should be enough trouble.

It is Red (communist) meat after all. Thus the need for a fine bottle of 1939 Finland.

If CM2 starts in '41, early-war equipment and units would be available for outside scenario designers.

CM2 will be great even without David vs. Goliath.

Skurg