Frontlines in Campaigns

Wow!

I say again, WOW!

I thought I managed to piss Steve and BTS off, but it is clear that I am a mere amateur at pissing people off with my views.

I want to defend Tris at some very basic level (I do think there is a lot of resistance to many types of suggestions), but he is so far over the top even I cannot fathom his ego.

Jeff Heidman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTS,

I write software too, and have found that about .01% of customers make up about 90% of the headache, Tris would obviously fit in that category. We usually tell them to not use our product anymore and suggest competitors, knowing full well we are the best in our niche. They never do leave, but they do shut up. Tris is in a category I call "pseudo open mindness", he always claims HE has an open mind but refutes everything presented against his view and will do so continiously because he thinks he's right and cant bear the though of himself being wrong. I usually find these type of people to have a very high regard for themselves (especially intellectually, ie they think they're smart), but have nothing to actually show for it. "Customers" like this aren't worth it, since they think their $49.95 is a license to complain, when in fact it is not. You get the software, and it works, anything beyond that is gravy from a software point of view.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

I understand the part about people ganging up on others because they express an opinion, I've seen this done as well and alot of times it is totally unwarranted. But in the case of poor misunderstood Tris,when you come out of the gate with both barrels blazing for no reason other than to be a jerk I guess you should expect to get pounced on.

The way he talked to Kwazy Dog is just one example of MANY, of how dicky this guy is.

He is nothing more than a presumptious little kid. He throws out opinions on people and is insulting and the minute anyone says anything about it they are mean nasty beasties and not contributing to CM like he is. "Mommy I was being really good and not doing anything wrong and all the other kids ganged up on me for absolutely no reason whatsoever". That is the argument he basically makes in his "Thick Skin". Like what he said to Steve after Steve stuck up for himself. "This is the way you treat a customer...."

I don't know what world he lives in, nor anyone else here,but the background I come from, if you act like this you will eventually be punched in the mouth... repeatedly most likely. And looking at it from this vantage point I don't think that is such a bad thing.

I had to laugh when I was called an unwashed cretin. Who the hell talks like that? Until this guy I never met someone who hides behind words.

Well now I will retire from the Tris bashing.

And if people on here think I and others were a little harsh towards him do some reading. I have never felt more pompously, selfrighteously, arrogantly, right about anything in my life, huh...sounds like someone I know.

Mord

[This message has been edited by Mord (edited 11-27-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Jeff:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I thought I managed to piss Steve and BTS off, but it is clear that I am a mere amateur at pissing people off with my views.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe... take pride in your amateur status smile.gif Although we might spar from time to time, it is just that. Time to time. Otherwise I find you go be a productive member of this BBS.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I want to defend Tris at some very basic level (I do think there is a lot of resistance to many types of suggestions), but he is so far over the top even I cannot fathom his ego.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although we might not always agree Jeff, I think it is safe to assume that we are in perfect agreement here.

BTW, resistance is a necessary part of the design process. Otherwise everything remotely rational or logical that is suggested gets confused with the more important things. And as always, there are differing viewpoints on historical reality and how best to simulate it. This is healthy for CM. And I can say for sure that we have reversed our positions even when we have put up initially strong resistance. But only when presented with a strong, logical, and rational case for change. Calling us names does not do much for such a case smile.gif

Banshee,

You got that right. And don't forget, when that 0.01% customer sees that he is alone, why... everybody else is just kissing ass or is an idiot. And that is the really annoying part. Insulting us and causing problems doesn't do anything more than tick us off. Everything else that we do remains unaffected. So in this case the squeeky wheel is not oiled, but instead given a swift kick to the spokes smile.gif

Steve

Tris,

One thing that you don't seem to be able to realize is that there is one person working on this game and there are only 24 hours in a day and you're not going to get every little niggle fixed exactly when you want it fixed. Would you relax??? Jeez.

p.

Uuuuhh? Tris for president ?

Where do you live Tris ? I would realy like to meet you. You can never convince me that you are this bold/stupid in real life until we meet "in real life". I don't know if you can/wan't to answer on this forum. In that case mail me @ elfbj97@ite.mh.se.

Thank's for a god laught, whatever you do......

Björn Elfström