Anyone else think this board...

Hey, anyone else think this board is getting freaky? People seem to be extremely uptight on a few threads - including one I opened and was later locked.

Lighten up, people - if you disagree then don't get nasty - debate. You can make your point in a civil way.

Other points - personally I think my thread was prematurely closed, but I yield to the moderators decisions on this matter.

I still feel that this forum can be used for other postings - precedent has already been set a hundred times!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buddy:

Hey, anyone else think this board is getting freaky? People seem to be extremely uptight on a few threads - including one I opened and was later locked.

Lighten up, people - if you disagree then don't get nasty - debate. You can make your point in a civil way.

Other points - personally I think my thread was prematurely closed, but I yield to the moderators decisions on this matter.

I still feel that this forum can be used for other postings - precedent has already been set a hundred times!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't fret buddy, it's just the full moon! eek.gif

GP

And stop posting this senseless drivel!!

Kidding, of course. I think that there have been several threads lately debating topics that have no evidence that will support a victory on either side. The amount of armor that a 75mm shell can pierce has concrete evidence to support it. Whether or not the U.S. could have fought the Germans without the other Allies is all worthless conjecture that invariably ends up with insulting "my country is better than yours" posts. I feel the moderators have given leniency to these types of posts in the past, only to see them always come to the same end. So, being good moderators, when they see a fight getting ready to break out, they send the combatants home and close the bar for the night. Some of the topics that have been locked up lately boil down to ugly generalizations, and ugly comments between people, and that type of thing is only supposed to happen in the Cesspool!

Hope that helps you a little.

------------------

"Nuts!"

Me too, Mr. Clark. Are you a fan of Rainbow Six, the game? Got the PC version for last Christmas and all I had was a C laptop to play it on - doesn't play to make a long story short...what I did play seemed very cool, though. Clancey is the man...

Both Rainbow 6 and Rogue spear are great games. I do not own either one of them right now, but I'm thinking of picking one of them up again... or the new Covert Ops.

Have you read Clancy's new Jack Ryan book? I never purchase in Hardback, so I'm waiting till the paperback is released.

Well... off to work... I hate 2nd shift...

Guest dirkd1976

Rogue Spear...drool. I LOVE that game. That's what I had been playing for the last few months leading up to the release of CM. The add-on pack, Urban Operations, was amazing. That game is way to much fun to play online. That aside, I think that it being a Friday the 13th and a full moon tonight I am going to go home and crawl directly into bed. I am afraid to even turn on my computer. It may morph into a werewolf or something. Even worse it will probably choose tonight to explode. So, its of to bed with a good book and a cold beer for me. Everyone have a good SAFE night!!!

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Croda:

And stop posting this senseless drivel!!

Kidding, of course. I think that there have been several threads lately debating topics that have no evidence that will support a victory on either side. The amount of armor that a 75mm shell can pierce has concrete evidence to support it. Whether or not the U.S. could have fought the Germans without the other Allies is all worthless conjecture that invariably ends up with insulting "my country is better than yours" posts. I feel the moderators have given leniency to these types of posts in the past, only to see them always come to the same end. So, being good moderators, when they see a fight getting ready to break out, they send the combatants home and close the bar for the night. Some of the topics that have been locked up lately boil down to ugly generalizations, and ugly comments between people, and that type of thing is only supposed to happen in the Cesspool!

Hope that helps you a little.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah...what he said.

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Peng thread? I've apologized for less.

-Anonymous

Anyone ever try Force21? It's by Clancy's game company. Red Storm Entertainment, I believe it's called. The game is kind of a frantic real-time near future US vs. China armor game. It's pretty fun and the graphics were good but I'm a lame rt'er and always got my butt kicked so I moved on to something else. I love CM 'cause I need the time.

Force 21 was a good idea... and wanted to be what Combat Mission became... but in the end, in my opinion, was a bad game. The real time combat just DID NOT blend well with this type of close up, multiple unit, 3D warfare. ... and man, the helicopters blew big chunks! It was nearly impossible to plan anything, as the action was so fast paced, and felt more like I was playing "Quake Tactics" or something.

I give them credit for having a good idea, and I wish it had been carried through in CM style, because the modern warfare scenario was kinda cool.

On a side note, I do not mind Real TIme wargames, but I get a little annoyed when people consider them "realistic". You would need to have some sort of multiplayer Ranking Command system in place for that to be true...

Give me turn based any day. Leave real time to the First Person Shooters and Simulations.