NEW PUBLIC BETA (#22) READY

Guest Big Time Software

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just played a quick battle with the new build and I like it! The use of smoke by my tanks is much more to my liking (actaully the LACK of use). The AI made a much smarter purchase mix with its combined arms force too. Where before it would sometimes only buy one halftrack with 1,000 points, tonight it bought a Sherm76, two scout cars, a Priest, and a couple of MG Jeeps. Also the AI seemed just a bit tougher than before, which is always welcomed.

Bottom line: another good job guys!

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stealth:

Could someone please clarify for the patching impaired (me) the benefit of having multiple host IP addresses listed? Is this like seeing everyone out there who is waiting for an opponent?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is covered in the How-To Guide.

Some people may have more than one device in their computers that have an IP address. Since it is impossible for the game to know WHICH IP is the correct one (the one connected the network you wish to play on, intenral LAN or Internet, for example) it is much better to list them all.

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deanco:

The 0 key for chat!!! YAY!!! On behalf of us overseas users, thanks loads for listening and responding so quickly. I'm in awe of you guys.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's HUGE!!!!

WOW

thanks for listening I hope no one will complain about the change "0" on the num pad to chat id just Freakin' fantastic

I'm sure the rest of the changes in the Read Me that I have not read yet, (Hell I have not even downloaded the pathc yet,) are equally great fantastic and WOW thanks, wonderful!

I really wasn't expecting the patch until later this week just in time for the Christmas break.

Thanks again

-tom w

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dale Larson:

I can't seem to connect to the FTP server that has the patch. Is it available elsewhere on the net?

Dale<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The ftp may be busy, just keep trying. It took me four times to connect. And very nice speed!

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

Guest KwazyDog

Alexander, if you are noticing a problem please email off a bug report smile.gif

Dan

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 12-16-2000).]

I'm having trouble installing the patch, i run the .exe file and it says "extraction complete" however when i go the combat mission folder, i see nothing changed. When i run the program, it is still the old beta, and none of the other files are ever updated

Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to fix it?