What to do?

109 Gustav wrote:

> Does anyone else predict that virtual reality will be humanity's last invention, because people will stop reproducing after that?

According to sexologists, recreational sex is going to become further removed from reproductive sex. Apparently people will amuse themselves with cybersex, and when they decide they want children, they'll have to be given lessons on traditional sex. Thus proving that sexologists are even more pointless than psychologists.

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

Dont listen to these Gentlemen as they are all missing the mark here, the solution is quite simple.

Ask her to play CM with you!

Not only does this enhance the relationship through being there for her when she needs your care and support, but also you have the opportunity to give her a good thrashing as her forces fall to your might!!!!

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Hope this helps,

Mace

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -Jochen-:

I think there is something really really different between men and women thinking regarding "personal time".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never a truer word spoken, Jochen!

How's this for a case in point....

"I'm going to the shops"

"Thats nice, Honey, have fun"

"Are'nt you coming"

"No,why?"

"So we can look at stuff"

"I don't want to look at stuff,if there's something I want I'll just go and get it"

"But your'e just going to sit here and play that stupid game aren"t you?"

"Yes I am, it makes me happy, You don't want me unhappy do you honey?"

[sound of footsteps followed by slamming door]

But you have to be smart enough to make up for it sometimes, take her out to somewhere you BOTH enjoy (not military museums biggrin.gif)

Stuka's post reminds me of another gem of wisdom from sexologists... apparently shopping is a female substitute for sex. Advertising and promotions and the like represent seduction, and making a purchase is apparently the orgasm. Gimme a break...

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

My typical 1 night a week.

wife: "Your on that DAMN computer again? How come you never spend any time with me?"

"HUH?"

"ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME!"

me: yes dear

w: "WELL!!?"

m: Well Honey, its like this. Basicly I've been swimming up river for years. Clawing my way past obstacles and predators to some place my insticts have told me I needed to be and that it would be bliss.

w: "What the hell are talking about? SO! Whats this got to do with anything?"

m: Well then I met you and I've stopped swimming.

w: "Hmmm. Really? Ahh honey, I love you."

m: Ya.... Then you sucked the LIFE-FORCE from my BODY and turned me into this empty pathetic animal before you. Its then I realized that my trip is only half over. I'll reach heaven after I float back down this god-damn river and end up bear or sea-gull sh!t.

So why don't you cut me a break and let me coast a bit, BEFORE I belly up. Besides, I've already spent 15 minutes with you.

w: "15 minutes??!! You havent spent ANY time with me!!!"

m: Yes I have. We got three kids aint we??

GreasyPig

Life is alot like tubing

hehe, now last night as I was battling my superbowl opponents, the little woman was on the P/S playing Syphon Filter. The TV plays through the home stereo and between her gunfire and mine I think the neighbours might be seriously wondering what we are up to smile.gif

Maybe they are thinking of moving to Omaha beach for a little peace and quiet? biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jshandorf:

But I wanna ask something... Why does it always seem like women don't EVER have a hobby that is so self-absorbing as much as men do, huh?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of them do. My ex-girlfriend was an EverQuest addict. One of the main reasons she's an "ex", so be careful what you wish for...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian Rock:

Some of them do. My ex-girlfriend was an EverQuest addict. One of the main reasons she's an "ex", so be careful what you wish for...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man oh man, I was an EQ addict, whew, glad I'm "clean and sober" from that one.

CM is a different flavor of addiction, and it's easier for me to moderate =).

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>But you have to be smart enough to make up for it sometimes, take her out to somewhere you BOTH enjoy (not military museums)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh oh. We visited Finnish Tank Museum few weeks ago and I must admit that I enjoyed the trip more than she did...

Ok, Someday I will learn biggrin.gif

------------------

jochen

Kids today! Why can't they fetishize Fascist military hardware like normal people?

Ladysmith wants you forthwith to come to her relief

Burn your briefs you leave for France tonight

Carefully cut the straps of the booby-traps and set the captives free

But don't shoot 'til you see her big blue eyes

actually I went on holidays with me wife to France saw the whole Normandy area, told her tons of history stories, saw the battlefields (ie omaha beach, Villers Bocage) and she was to my suprise, interested..!!! wierd, later at home watched Saving Private Ryan (suprised me too since when it was in Kino she said "ew a war movie no way") hmmm.. kinda cool though, later she said to me "now I understand why you are interested in Military and History" she suprisingly leaves me alone to play CM and as long as I dont find a secret letter to a "john doe" then I think everything is ok.

I

found doing two or three evenings just something with the wife keeps her happy... and boy AM I happy I have Stuka in the grinder with our PBEM. Actually my wife is getting to know my PBEM players cuz she hears me scream "damn no crap Sludge...grrr" or "Ha Stuka you think you can out tank me!!".... as for trying to do a hot seat with her on CM hmmm... maybe she won't like it maybe she would.. I just have fear she would like it and then I have a problem cuz then I won't have a chance to play it anymore.. tongue.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -Jochen-:

We visited Finnish Tank Museum few weeks ago and I must admit that I enjoyed the trip more than she did...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I bet she asked to come along?

My wife has a habit of doing that. She nags me to let her come along, and once we get to where I want to go, she continually looks at her watch and asks when are we going home!

She's a sweety though! biggrin.gif

Mace

For some curious reason my wife opted NOT to come along to the RAC tank museum in Bovington when we were in England for our honeymoon last summer and - quite by chance - happened to be staying just an hours drive away from it (Broadwindsor in Devon). They (she, our son and the inlaws - the two week trip was a success despite the fact the inlaws were with us :) went to the swanery /farm zoo at Abbotsbury that was along the way. ;-D

We planned to take a trip to Parola (the Finnish armoured museum) but the baby is due Sept. 28th so that was a wash :-(

Can't win them all so CM will have to do.

Hi jochen,

Leonid here (like to use Grisha for the wargame side)! My, my, what a problem you have. Looks like you'll have to bite the bullet wink.gif Think about it this way - it's money in the bank, to be used later! But at this point I'd agree with setting aside some personal time. Good luck on your mission, tovarish wink.gif

I think Grisha's advice is sound. The way I do it is her TV time = my CM time, since she likes certain programs that I'm not really interested in. Sometimes we watch stuff together too, mainly films. If, however, I'm playing and she comes in with something she obviously needs to talk about, then I pause (or exit, depending on the weight of the issue) the game, and move away from the computer, letting her know that I am now paying attention to her only.

It seems to work out fairly well. Oh and when you're playing, pop in to the other room every 15 minutes or so just to let her know that, while you love playing CM, it doesn't cause you to forget her existence (if I do this during one of her pet programmes, I get shooed out again back to the computer!).

I must admit that I'm lucky with my partner, in that she reckons it's better for me to be absorbed in a computer game rather than out on the piss and/or chasing other women. "Other women? You're joking! I haven't got time! Look at all these scenarions I still haven't played..."

smile.gif