Permission to Come aboard

Hello CM fans. While reading "PC Gamer" i came accross a review of this game. I almost skipped over it as i was moving fast thru the Mag. But the Pic of the US AirBorn troops crouched in the foggy woods cought my eye. After reading the Great review this game receaved, i decided i had to find out more. Long story short...I ordered a copy. And i must say, im a bit excited after reading all the reviews online i could dig up. As i was hungary for more i joined this Forum and hope im not being too forward by leaving a post so early. (I've not even played the demo) From all im reading, ill love the game as most of you seem to. Anyway...I look forward to some PBEM. Im sure there are more then few out there who would love to kick a Former Marines Butt ;)

Good Day People.

------------------

Semper Fi.

Hey, welcome aboard Jarhead, I usually read these boards, but almost never post to them. You will definitely love this game, especially if you like any kind of strategy at all, and even if you don't normally like wargames. I would love to "kick a former Marine's butt", but being a future Marine I don't know if that would be such a good idea :) if you want to set up a PBEM game when you finally get your copy, email me at thetrumpetman@home.com again, welcome aboard!

Roger that, Marine. You're in good company here and several of your ilk have been terrifying the masses (as I'm sure they'll soon mention).

We masses do, however, shoot back.

Let us know when you've got it installed- you're gonna love it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

Roger that, Marine. You're in good company here and several of your ilk have been terrifying the masses (as I'm sure they'll soon mention).

We masses do, however, shoot back.

Let us know when you've got it installed- you're gonna love it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Always something I loved about this forum, people welcoming people. Welcome, Jarhead, as Mark IV says, you'll find quite a few marines and former marines here.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Former Marines? There is no such thing as a former Marine, once one,

always one. smile.gif

Welcome aboard. You were lucky indeed to read that review. Prepare

yourself for the finest WWII tactical land combat wargame ever for

the computer. It's just superb in every way. The closest thing yet to

a real battle simulation. And you'll find many excellent opponents

here. smile.gif And do not underestimate the AI (unless you enjoy losing wink.gif ),

it is very good.

Im a former sub "hunter". Guess that doesn't count either.

------------------

As I walk through the Valley of Death, I will fear nothing, for I am the meanest mother*#*#** in the valley. (George S. Patton)

Permission granted, sailor!

(watch yer step, deck's just been polished biggrin.gif)

I promise you, you're gonna have a lot of fun! Oh, and prepare to get your butt kicked in your first few PBEM's. Some tough opposition out there. smile.gif

Semper Fi, Jarhead. Welcome to the brothers of Combat Mission. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.

Former Marine here too.

Watch out for Berlich he is handing me my butt real good in a game right now. The man knows how to blitzkrieg!

When you get on line, let me know, I have not played over half of the operations in the game. Will pick one and play it fresh.

Once again, welcome.

------------------

"The Legitimate object of war is a more perfect peace."

Thank you all for the warm welcom. At last i may have evaded the youth filled game rooms, and found my counterparts on-line. *Sigh* now the wait begins.

by the way, a hearty back slap to all my brothers in the corp. And Yes being a sub sailor counts. ;)

------------------

Semper Fi.