Eight reasons why Sudden Strike is better than CM

RMC

1. For DM 79.95 you get the game, a nice stick pin and a DM 10 coupon for other purchases.

2. For DM24.95 you can get a spiffy Sudden Strike T-shirt.

3. and 4. There are TWO mousepad designs to choose from - a chick and a panther - DM 9.95 each.

5. Sudden Strike coffee mugs for DM 9.95.

6. The Suddenstrike watch available for the everyday low price of DM 49.95

7. The poster for DM 9.95.

and lastly,

8. The totally cool Suddenstrike camo patrol cap priced to go at DM 19.95.

BTS has completely missed the boat. Instead of working on patches and stuff, they need to get on the marketing bandwagon and put out some goodies. This is the new wave. future game reviews won't lament about about the TCP/IP thing. CM will get dogged for a lack of merchandising....

Gameplay 10

Graphics 7

Sound 7

Value 9

Merchandising 0

Let me get this straight... Sudden Strike is better because they have a bunch of souvenir crap you can buy? And CM/BTS is doomed because they only have an excellent, bug free game that is in high demand by their target market? They've missed the boat so badly, they've sold out, what... twice so far? I bet most publishers WISHED they screwed up as badly as BTS when it came to sales.

Did you buy Sudden Strike for the GAME or for the opportunity to purchase their SOUVENIRS?

BTW... you can buy a mousepad for a buck in the bargain bin, so save your DM, and coffee cups are .50 cents.

Tell you what, I'll buy some T-shirt iron-on paper and print a bunch of screen shots and iron them on t-shirts and sell them for, oh, 29.95 Canadian (plus S/H).

SHEESH...

I hope you're joking...

[This message has been edited by tailz (edited 09-04-2000).]

Guest Mirage2k

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I hope you're joking...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure he was.

-Andrew

------------------

VOTE BLAH FOR PRESIDENT!

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!

BLAH IN 2000!

Sarcasm/humor sometimes don't translate well, but given that RMC rated CM a "10," value "9" and did not ever refer to the gameplay of that other game ... I think it's a pretty safe bet that he was just joshing.

Given the events of the past weekend, let's not be too quick to jump to conclusions.

------------------

"Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" — Oddball

"Crap." — Moriarty

[This message has been edited by Moriarty (edited 09-04-2000).]

Hi all ,

over the last few days I felt a bit unpleasant with Combat Mission....now I know why: the secret lies in the missing coffee mug... BTS , I hope you will learn your lesson. ( LOL....this thread saved my day ...) redeemerwhore.gif

Regards

Thomas

Guest Gunslinger

>BTS has completely missed the boat. Instead

>of working on patches and stuff, they need

>to get on the marketing bandwagon and put

>out some goodies.

ROFLMAO!

------------------

headshot.gif**GUNSLINGER**camper.gif

Just Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There You Are.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RMC:

BTS has completely missed the boat. Instead of working on patches and stuff, they need to get on the marketing bandwagon and put out some goodies. This is the new wave. future game reviews won't lament about about the TCP/IP thing. CM will get dogged for a lack of merchandising....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And not even an improbably-endowed female in sight... How can BTS expect to be taken seriously?

I think RMC's tongue is very much in cheek. Nice one.

(Edited for crap typing.)

[This message has been edited by Holdit (edited 09-04-2000).]

EGAD!!!! CM Rocks, I had high hopes for Sudden Strike until; they missed their first deadline for shipping which was I think back in May or June, and the fact the EIDOS is the publisher,,,sorry guys but I have yet to buy an EIDOS game that didnt either just go back to the store or relegated to the pile of games that are played no more. I think Sudden Strike was an awesome idea,,,

Guys, the tongue in cheek quality was apparent. We need to lighten up and not just assume that it's a troll. Desides, as Mark IV pointed out another place, if it is a troll, don't respond. Silence is the best way to aloow it to sink, and believe me the Cesspoo; can take care of it's own. biggrin.gif

------------------

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

-- King Henry VI, Part II, Act 4, sc.2, l.86

Glad to see at least some of U got it or somefink.

i posted that because I just got my free Sudden Strike demo CD (3") and it came with a handy business reply coupon on which i could order the items listed in my first post. I thought it was kind of funny that the game ain't out and they are so confident that anyone would even consider buying those things.

z10-771.jpg

pin.jpg

mousepad1.jpg

uhr.jpg

Ah, thank goodness, our sense of irony and humour is returning. Quick question that might be addressed to the Sudden Strike publishers/merchandisers: If one cannot play war, why is that young woman in the picture dressed like that? I have to assume this is some kind of role-playing exercise for couples... smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 09-05-2000).]