Silly view of a Jagdtiger (Go ahead, Stefan!)

Yesterday for fun I placed a Jagdtiger behind a stone wall, to make it hull down.

Then when I looked at it from the side, it became patently obvious to me that if anything was going to score a hit on the Jagdtiger, odds are it would be on the superstructure. rolleyes.gif

That tank has a high profile! The stone wall looked like a little pile of dirt in front of it, it barely reached the same level as the top of its tracks. eek.gif

But it's a bunker on tracks, so I don't mind if my opponent hits it.

POUND AWAY STEFAN!!! tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

I bet he used up his points on Hellcats, so I'll be like a giant stomping on scurrying little rats. rolleyes.gif

You looked at the JagdTiger from the side? Well, you might want to look at the side ARMOR while you're at it. Hmmm. 80mm at 25 degrees. Mix in a 76mm gun firing either AP or (gasp!) Tungsten rounds on said side armor at 1000m or less (2000 for the Tungsten rounds), and you'll have a very large, very expensive hulk of burning metal.

FEAR the scurrying little rats!

[insert hideously evil laugh here]

Just thought I'd point that out. smile.gif

- Chris

The issue of hulldown is always complex in CM given that it is a question of facing and therefore realism! Side shots are always effective especially against AFV with no turrets he he he - Such vehicles were stop gaps after all. Still, thanks for all the support guys! I will put your advice to good use.

Pat - I will come and get your Jag....

------------------

No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy

im also playing stefan if your on the same map as me you ll have no probs from a side assult at the wall .yes i think he has got all hellcats ive just knocked one out smile.gif

with a lynx. two bursts from its 20 mm into the side of his hellcat and it was out of action .good luck with your battle

If you want to fight Hellkitties, take a Wirbelwind or Ostwind. They're cheaper than a JagdTiger, and have a MUCH better chance of hitting them, and can get through their thin armor.

You'll almost have enough left to buy a couple of Hetzers too.

Guest Germanboy

Hehe - I just had a look at them, and put a Jagdtiger and a Kgdpz. IV next to each other. Did anyone notice that the IV has a total height equal to the chassis without superstructure of the Jagdtiger. What a waste of steel.

------------------

Andreas

eek.gif

Given your responses I am going to rethink my strategy.

I have plenty of time, I only plotted turn 1 so far.

I am not surprised he picked sone Hellcats, he loves them.

If he sends me the PBEM files back in time tonight, I will change my placements a little. smile.gif

Good idea re. Wirblewind, I had only thought about using that as an infantry gardening tool. biggrin.gif

Waffen your are a spoiler - Still thanks for the advert on your OOB! Pat cheezzz - A wirblewind, why oh why are you making things easy for me? biggrin.gif

------------------

No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy