Sound off on scenarios YOU are working on...

Haven't as yet started one - thinking about Stavelot (Bulge). Anyone else? OH YEAH, anyone have any helpful hints on accurate maps of Belgium, France, etc? Couldn't find smack on the internet except some crappy tourist maps...

I'm currently working on a big operation in Feb. 45 - Canadians vs. Wehrmacht, the action around Schwanenhof and Moylandwald.

As for the maps - you can buy 1:25000 scale maps here: http://www.gamesofwar.de . Go to the Battlemaps section. The maps are a great help for historical scenarios - and I am not saying this because I'm selling them (well, not only at least wink.gif ) but because I really couldn't make scenarios without them... and hey, I'd give them out for free, but I have to buy them, too... (and things like copyright prevent me from simply scanning them in, unfortunately)

I am working on a scenerio regarding a Russian plot. Sorry, I can't say more. I don't want to give anything away. I can tell you that this is my first scenario and it's slow going. Making the map just right, units etc, etc. is time consuming. Right now I have finished the story line. I just hope the gang likes it.

sniperscope

I'm starting my scenario building with three fictional encounters. The first takes place just before the Falaise pocket with a quickly thrown together German force trying to hold a village/crossroads so that a larger German force can counterattack through that area. The American force is likewise thrown together quickly to try and reach the village quickly and prevent the counterattack.

The second scenario takes place during the bulge at a small American outpost suddenly attacked by a mix of German armor and infantry. The American will need to hold until help arrives.

The third also takes place during the bulge. It centers around a small village near Clervaux at the start of the battle. The Germans will need to cross the Our River and make haste out of the river valley to drive back the American defenders and allow the bulk of the panzers to move through the area. The Germans seem to have an overwhelming force of panzers and SS to support the Volksgrenadiers but try moving a panther up the muddy, twisting forest lined roads...in the fog! smile.gif

------------------

"It's a hardball world son. We've got to keep our heads until this peace craze blows over."

[This message has been edited by Danno (edited 07-07-2000).]

I'm happily trying to convert a Command Decision scenario named 'Buying Time' (Anyone with CPQ7 should know it!) A covering action, I've played it well in CD, Combined Arms and TacOps. Unfrotunately, there's only 5 reinforcement slots available, and I don't seem to be able to specify where exactly on the map they come on.. <sigh>

NTM

Here is the 1st briefing for a scenario I have now entering the final stages of testing:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Valhalla Series #1, "Last Man on the Volcano"

by Jim "Bullethead" Weller, 1 July 2000

Testing: Tim "Rune" Orosz, Cliff "Oddball" Holmes

SITUATION:

You are dead. All your troops are dead. But the fighting never stops, except for when it's time to drink. Welcome to Valhalla, true Heaven for the true warrior.

When you fell in battle, your heroic deeds were already well-known to Odin the Allfather. Therefore, he sent a Valkyrie to pick you up and bring you to Valhalla, to fight at Odin's side in Ragnorok, the final battle.

But before that fateful day arrives, you must train. And who better to train against than the other heroes of Valhalla? With live ammo, of course. But don't worry. Though you may fall again in Valhalla, you come back to "life" after the battle to participate in the big debriefing cum beerbust with all the Gods and Valkyries. Then you get to fight again tomorrow. Who could ask for more?

Today's battle was designed by Loki. The objective is to control the top of a large volcano at the end of 45 minutes. That is the only rule. Your troops are of excellent quality (they wouldn't be in Valhalla otherwise) and carry huge amounts of ammunition. Just remember, the enemy is an equal match in all respects.

To add some incentive, the Valkyries have said they will party with the winners. Good luck.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically, the idea for this scenario was blatantly ripped off from Myth, basically "Last Man on the Hill" played on the "For Carnage..." map. I made some changes, of course, but anybody who's played Myth or Myth II will recognize this scenario smile.gif.

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

I've already made one based on D-Day at Omaha Beach. I'm making two fictional ones as well. One is based on my current neighborhood (yeah, kinda lame, but lots of Urban Warfare), and the other is called Gettysburgen (you can probably guess where that is based). So far the Gettysburgen one is the most challenging. The scale of CM isn't quite large enough to get the whole battlefield, so I'm down scaling a little to make as much fit as possible. Should be interesting to play when I'm done. Luckily there are plenty of references for maps smile.gif

------------------

wako

"All models are wrong - some are useful.'' - George E.P. Box

Check out my CM webpage at http://ccpirate.webjump.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bullethead:

Here is the 1st briefing for a scenario I have now entering the final stages of testing:

SITUATION:

You are dead. All your troops are dead. But the fighting never stops, except for when it's time to drink. Welcome to Valhalla, true Heaven for the true warrior.

When you fell in battle, your heroic deeds were already well-known to Odin the Allfather. Therefore, he sent a Valkyrie to pick you up and bring you to Valhalla, to fight at Odin's side in Ragnorok, the final battle.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bullethead: You're doing a Pagan scenario? Gods give worth to your work! And good luck!

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

I currently have a fictional battle "Tiger Corner" being tested.

Working on a Bulge historical. have everything but terrain setup....so I guess I'll have to settle for semi-historical (can't afford top buy a topo map). The scenario involves an I&R platoon of the US 99th Inf div on 16 Dec 1944 near the village of Lanzerath and their struggles against elements of the 3rd Fallschermjager (sp?) Div

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

i am just finishing up a book called SEVEN ROADS TO HELL...a screaming eagle at bastongne...by DONALD BURGETT...might be of some interest of anyone making scenarios involving the bulge...the author gives some really excellant accounts of small unit battles that i can envision being recreated in combat mission...wish i had the time or the no-how or i would try it myself....

I have been dabbling alot. Arnhem, Noville, and DDay airborne stuff.

Biggest problem is the 3D terrain-- just can't get the right "feel" without accurate topo maps. Wargaming with CM in 3D adds that extra element of excellence, but also that extra bit of time.

I guess I am gonna have to see if Moon gives "bulk order" discounts. biggrin.gif

Guest SS Peiper

I'm currently working on a "what might have been" called "Disaster at D-Day" based on the book by Peter Tsouras. about Minor alterations at the start of the operation.

What if the commander of the germans did not hold off as Hitler slept? What if Witt the HJ Commander had sent Panzer Meyer and his boys right in to the battle? What if the LAH Had been closer to the beaches?

SS Peiper

I can only urge you people on and wish you the best of luck and wait for your fine accomplishments once they are finished. biggrin.gif

Maybe when my copy arrives I will dab into some historical battles also for I have been to many of the areas and a lot of them are not far away still. smile.gif

PS. Someone *brain cramp* asked me for air photos of Arnhem in an email. Havn't found any yet, but have emailed the historical museum in Arnhem and asked what I could get from them via fax, scan, etc. Anyone else that would like information of any areas here in Europe, please just ask, but it does take time.

James

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Stone:

I have been dabbling alot. Arnhem, Noville, and DDay airborne stuff.

Biggest problem is the 3D terrain-- just can't get the right "feel" without accurate topo maps. Wargaming with CM in 3D adds that extra element of excellence, but also that extra bit of time.

I guess I am gonna have to see if Moon gives "bulk order" discounts. biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure do! smile.gif

------------------

"An hour has 60 minutes, each minute in action has a thousand dangers."

- Karl-Heinz Gauch, CO 1st Panzerspähkompanie, 12th SS Panzerdivision

I'm doing a series of historical Canadian Scenarios on all of the Major Canadian battles. Right now I am working on June 7-11 engagements between the Canadian 3rd Infantry vs. the 12th SS Panzer. I can't afford to buy these highly detailed maps, but, I do have access to some basic maps (locations and sizes of towns, major forests, major roads and raillines as well as elevation) and can fill in the small details on my own (small forests, houses, etc.).

I got a bit inspired by Bullethead and have decided to do a mythical scenario... it's inspired by an episode of "Xena -The warrior princess" and it's called "Battle of of the bulges"... (Lame, I know...)

No, really I have been drinking long and deep...er... THINKING long and deep about a Opertation Seelöwe (Sealion) scenario and are researching the original op plans for that bit of german fantasy... the only problem is that you're more likely to find more serious analysis in "Xena" then in those plans.. They all assume that the British fleet and most of the RAF are elsewere occupied... OTOH if the germans actually had gotten ashore...

I'll post a note when the scenarios are done.

-Derfel