have not received there orders, while the rest of the US and even Europe

are receiving there copies.

Please we would just like a heads up if you know of any information about

what the delay is.

Any news would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Mike

aka_Deadline

Guys this is not a BTS issue this is a Canada customs issue. I have a buddy up north, when I send him a package it seems to take for ever. when I started the hunt to find out what happened it ALWAYS came out as a customs issue. However, I can understand your feeling about this. I would feel the same without this great game in my hands. Good luck.

sniperscope

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Brunton:

Just bumping this up to the top...

Doug<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I live in Minnesota, my credit card was charged the 15th, and I haven't seen the damn thing. Good thing I found a nice young lady to spend my time with. Who needs CM.

Why would BTS even reply to any "My game didn't come yet" post? It's totally rediculous. Ppl are acting like BTS is single handedly giving out the games. So if you want the truth, Steve couldn't get to your house. he told me when he stopped in for coffee after delivering my game. He's goin back out on the road afer he rests up tonight. He's goin as fast as he can tho.

-KOP

Kingopork.

Well it's quite obvious something went wrong with the Canadian orders. Maybe it's time to start checking the colli numbers and start tracing lost packages.

I am in Sweden so I don't expect mine until tomorrow or so. If later I have problems because I let a friend who has alot of tax to deduct from his company order it. He's going to Trinidad for vacation this friday.

No worries though, Shogun is out tomorrow here.

Marcus

Well I got to tell you KingOPork, you are way off base here. Our friends up north have been waiting for their game for some time now. Being a wise ass in this forum serves no purpose. Just put yourself in their shoes. Look at all the positive posts about this game and how would you feel if you did not receive the game by now.

sniperscope

I wouldn't call it venting. Just a reasonable, polite request of BTS for any information they might have as to so many Canadian's haven't received their copies yet.

Yes, it is probable that the delay is occuring at Canadian customs. And BTS certainly cannot be held responsible for this. But it's also possible that there might have been other problems with some of the delayed shipments (one post-not canadian- mentioned that a copy hadn't been shipped yet due to an error by the fulfillment company).

We are probably a little to anxious. But then again, with all the posts about how great the game is, you can't really blame us can you? wink.gif And, when the taxes and exchange rate are figured in, we Canadians will end up paying close to $100 Canadian for this great game. So I think we've earned the right to ask a polite question or two about when we might receive our copy of the game.

respectfully

Doug Brunton

It was never my intention to blame BTS, as I know that they have and will continue to deliver an amazing product.

I was just being polite in trying to get some answer for all of us up here in Canada, so we

can join all of you in playing this great game.

I thank you all for your responses, concern and support.

Deadline

Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingOPork:

Sure it would be bad to have to wait. but these people should also understand that it's out of their hands, and venting on the board gets them no where either. but i may be wrong? Is there anything BTS can do?

-KOP<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

KOP, There may be nothing they can DO now, but there may be some things that BTS can confirm. Take this example from Canada Customs:

"...we consider the person sending the mail to be the exporter. Exporters have to complete a written declaration and attach it to the mail item they are sending to Canada."

Maybe the folks at the distribution didn't know that or some were missed. I doubt it; I agree with most everybody else that the holdup is in Customs. But it would calm our restless souls up here a bit if we could get the "good word" from Steve that all the paperwork was filled out. Then we could, as Homer J. Simpson put it so eloquently "get back to killing our brains with beer!"

About Canada mail, I'm in the shipping/postal business and please, do not take offence, but Canada's post office is right up there with Mexico and El Salvador and so on. While Canada does not in any way shape or form have the pilferage problems these countries do, mail delivery is problematic at best, at least from a US origin. Countless times we send Express mail, which is a much quicker (and more expensive) mode than used by BTS. When we track it we find that it got into Canada in 1 day, and then took the rest of the time to get to its destination in country. BTW, computerized tracking that is available on Express or other expensive shipping products is NOT available on the cheaper and more normal modes. All that BTS can do is verify mailing. Without tracking, any request to either the US post office or the Canadian post office would not get a response within weeks or even months.

Finally, in retrospect, the US deliveries followed a normal pattern for the USPS; some items got there quickly, the bulk took 2-3-4 days, and the stragglers are still arriving. All in all, Prioity Mail which BTS used is the best compromise between cost and speed, but it is not guaranteed, not trackable (unless an extra cost Delivery Confimation is added) and not tremendously consistent point to point.

Whether Canada or US all BTS can really do is get the correct address on the package and get it in the mail; after that its up to the respective post offices.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iggi:

This is a Canada post problem. They are slow.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This hasn't happened in a few years, but I remember one or two news items in the past fifteen years about someone in Canada receiving a letter that was actually mailed years before., e.g. receiving a letter that was mailed in the 1930s or something like that.

We don't hear those stories as much now, so maybe Canada Post is just putting those old letters in the garbage now, maybe they cleaned up their offices and did forward all those "lost letters".

I just hope my copy of CM isn't sitting on some shelf because Canada Customs or Canada Post didn't know what to do with the package...

Otherwise my grandson might receive it.

("c-o-m-p-u-t-e-r"? "Dad, can you remember what those are, never heard of them. Are like those old things called telephones you used to use when you were young? Oh this was shipped in 2000, that must have been for grandad! What material is this box made out of? Never seen that before, it feels weird. It's not even duraplast.")

smile.gif

Guest grunto

hang in there Deadline, people in canada are starting to receive it. there's a dude in toronto who's got it because i just toasted his avre with a bunch of pesky german light armor who swarmed it like bees... =g=

andy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by grunto:

hang in there Deadline, people in canada are starting to receive it. there's a dude in toronto who's got it because i just toasted his avre with a bunch of pesky german light armor who swarmed it like bees... =g=

andy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe you could ask him to post here about when he ordered the game? Some specific questions which could help all of us out are:

1) When did he order the game?

2) When did it ship? (see postmark)

3) What day did it arrive in Toronto?

4) Did the mailman drop it off directly or did he have to go to local post office?

5) Did he have to pay GST + handling fee? and how much did these come to?

Lots of questions I realize, but the answers will help the rest of us out quite a bit in trying to figure out what is going on.

Thanks,

Chris

[This message has been edited by chris talpas (edited 06-28-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patboivin:

This hasn't happened in a few years, but I remember one or two news items in the past fifteen years about someone in Canada receiving a letter that was actually mailed years before., e.g. receiving a letter that was mailed in the 1930s or something like that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But Canada Post DID get that lost letter through, didn't they? Even after being lost for decades, the mail STILL got through.

Do you think an e-mail server could find a message it lost decades ago, and still deliver it?

Canada Post moves over 5 billion pieces of mail a year. Even if Canada Post had a 99.999% success rate, some stuff is going to get lost, when you're dealing with 5 billion items.

I've seen the gigantic machines used to sort the mail. It's easy to see how a letter could accentially fall underneath on of the machines, and not be discovered until years later, when the machine is unbolted from the floor to be replaced.

The delivery of Combat Mission to Canada is, in my guess, being delayed by Canada Customs & Revenue.

------------------

--

Toad

Ontario, Canada

There is nothing wrong with Canada Customs; the delay is due to the inability of the

©onservative ®eform (A)lliance (P)arty

to elect a leader in a timely fashion.

Now, to the rest of the world; yes they really were called that. Don't know what they're called now, except that they hope to form the offical opposition and eventual government.

Canada; where an election may be called any damn time the government feels like.

5m