MDMP!??? You Can't Handle the MDMP1!!!!! Mod Madness on CMHQ!!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Stop...Click on the CMHQ link below....Take it all in...Take a deep breathe..Come back and post your comments.... wink.gif

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED>>>>

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest *Captain Foobar*

(major merriments ensuing)

------------------

Life is tough...Its even tougher if you're stupid...

Guest Madmatt

p3 600 running a TNT2U (1280x960 res), no lose in framrate detected at this time with enhancements, and we are VERY aware of that issue and thats our prime concern. We are shooting for ZERO loss in frame rate and so far thats what we are hitting...Will keep you posted on this...

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Guest KwazyDog

VB from the testing Ive done there is very no with a TNT2 card...!

VRAM is of course important though. Basically the higher the MB on your card, the more you can display at the higher quality. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 06-06-2000).]

Looks pretty good, dude.

New trees

More pronounced detailing on the vehicle such as weld lines, hatches, etc.

Dislikes:

I think the patches on the ground under the trees are too speckled. Every bit of woods I've been in, the ground has been covered with dead leaves, needles, and branches, making the whole thing brown of various shades. The only green is above the surface of the ground, on the underbrush and trees.

For this reason, I think you should change this part. The stock greenish patches are cool with me for some types of woodsy areas (woods, scattered trees) because they look like underbrush and/or grass. OTOH, I think tall pines and heavy woods should be all brown underneath, due to no light to allow underbrush. The speckled brown/green ground just doens't look right to me.

BTW, any chance of breaking the modpack up into individual textures for those of us without cable modems?

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

Guest Madmatt

Bullethead, Those tree bases are only the Autumn (fall) bases. The ones for spring and winter look much different and are not speckled with color.

Details about the Mods distribution are still being worked out. We let you all know when we know! wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Guest KwazyDog

Bullethead, yeah I agree, it really is personal preferance if you like the origionals. They new ones give more of a feel of underbrush, where as the origionals are less cluttered (which is why it was decided to leave them in the release version Ill add smile.gif).

As for them being speckly, that is becuase they are the autumn tile set. As matt said the winter ones look much different wink.gif

If you dont like part of the pack its quite easy to choose which part you install..its up to you smile.gif

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bullethead:

BTW, any chance of breaking the modpack up into individual textures for those of us without cable modems?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Com'on, you downloaded the 30MB Gold Demo didn't ya? What's 20MB?? I'm on a 56K too. rolleyes.gif

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

Guest KwazyDog

Good Question Schrullenhaft smile.gif

Basically its just stuff I am playing with until work starts on CM2. The terrain comprises of new stuff along with stuff I did up and wasnt used for one reason or another inthe final. The vehicles are the main thing I guess I will be focussing.

In general I want to cover most of the more common vehicles, and if time permits a good portion of the rest too. I want to offer higher res versions for those with higher VRAM cards, and will look in the future at the possability of scaling down the texture for those with lower res cards.

I guess the answer is that Im not sure smile.gif Id would like too, as Im sure matt would, we will just have to see how time goes smile.gif

Currently Im working on a Stug texture which will probably be ready in a day or so for people to check out.

I like'em KwazyDog. I like the "speckled" woods bases. The Jagdpanther texture is awesome as well. I for one have a 32mb TNT2 card and I like those high res textures. It's what my card needs. It's hungry. wink.gif

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

Guest KwazyDog

Glad you like the Maximus smile.gif

I have a 32mb card and even with sticking some rediculasly high res stuff in there havnt *yet* manage to max it out. I also have a 12mb voodoo on another system at home, and thus far it is handling the new textures well too.... smile.gif

I quite like the speckled bases too. In winter with a lot of dead trees about they look right. With the pines in the piccy above maybe not quite so smile.gif Not much we can do about that one at the moment though.

WHOA! I don't even have the game yet and I want the MOD pack! smile.gif I'm worried though...how could it look so much better and not cause a frame rate hit? I'm worried my little 16meg AGP will sizzle and die frown.gif

------------------

"It's a hardball world son. We've got to keep our heads until this peace craze blows over."

Guest KwazyDog

Danno, all we are doing is manipulating the textures in the game, which dosnt affect frame rate *but* does require you to have enough VRAM. If we were editing the polygon models themselves and add more detail to them, then you would see a frame rate hit!

Your 16mb card should be fine too smile.gif One we get a host of higher res vehicles out there you may need to pick and choose which ones you want to use but Ive tested the pack on a 12mb voodoo and it didnt cause any compression to take place. In the future we will probably look at scaling some of the vehicles down too for those with the lower VRAM cards wink.gif

Good news Kwazy! smile.gif Thanks, I won't worry about the mod pack then...I'll just continue pacing the floor for the game...hehehe...eerrrr

------------------

"It's a hardball world son. We've got to keep our heads until this peace craze blows over."

Man, oh man, terrific graphics gentlemen. However, for those of us with just a 16meg video card is this mod going to be "too much to handle"? Can I use parts of it, like say the vehicle graphics, and not the trees? Does anyone have a convincing lie I can tell my wife to justify a new video card (especially after I just bought one)?

------------------

No matter where you go, there you are.

Guest KwazyDog

Thumpre, have a look up and youll probably find more detailed answers to your questions but yes, we think a 16mb card should handle them but you can indeed install which ever parts you like, so you can pick and choose which BMP's to install..... smile.gif

Kwazy said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>As for them being speckly, that is becuase they are the autumn tile set. As matt said the winter ones look much different<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, I can see brown specks on green in autumn. However, IMHO that shouldn't be universal. In the thicker types of wood, there's not much light reaching the ground until the leaves fall, so there's no green on the ground in spring and summer. It's always all brown under these types of trees. It's only the thinner types of woods where enough light gets to the ground in the growing seasons to create a green backdrop for brown specks to appear on.

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm