For people who didnt get the game on Saturday....

See my rant under "Did you get it on the 24th?"

Actually, I think I'll post a copy here since I am really PO'd at the moment.

*#^& it all. Does anybody else wish BTS would tell us what is REALLY going on, instead of some BS about "only a small batch went out early, it didn't affect when anybody else's copy shipped?" The incontrovertible facts of the matter are these. One, people who ordered this month started getting the game in droves almost a full WEEK ago - many times more people than could possibly be a "small batch". Two, people who ordered six to eight months ago are still not getting theirs, and those who are report they were shipped Tuesday or Wednesday, i.e. the VERY BLOODY F*#$ING LAST TWO DAYS of shipping. Three, we have heard NO explanation for any of this, nor are we supposed to ask BTS about our orders until Tuesday. My conclusion? BTS's usually excellent customer service has fallen flat on its face this time. I could accept "guys, the warehouse messed up and shipped out the orders in reverse" (which is what it looks like - people with posters first, then everybody else from most recent to oldest) but I can NOT accept near-total silence broken only by skirting the issue!

BTW, if I seem PO'd about this, it's because I am. If my copy doesn't show up Monday, then since I leave town for a week and a half starting Tuesday, I, in the US near a major USPS distribution center having ordered back in October, will not get the game until well after people overseas who ordered three weeks ago. Actually, given the normal estimate of 8-10 days to Europe, and the fact that May/June orders started arriving in the US a week ago, some such people might actually get it today and so be playing even before my trip is taken into account.

-end of rant-

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

[This message has been edited by Scott C (edited 06-24-2000).]

Well, you know kump won't pass up a chance to wail about it!!!

I ain't got it, don't know why I ain't got it, would like to have it, don't know why I don't have it, and if I don't get it soon, I think I have about had it.

Think I'll go buy Shogun now and drown myself in some old ancient style of tactical mayhem while I wait for it....

Scott,

Dude, chill. Don't attack BTS because your's isn't there yet. I don't have mine, either. Your complaining is not getting you the game any faster.

Don't worry, it'll show up soon.

(Edited for profanity. Sorry. smile.gif)

------------------

Jeff Fraser

The Wargamer's Combat Mission Central

http://www.wargamer.com/cm

[This message has been edited by JeffRaider (edited 06-26-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Grenadier:

Post here if you did not recieve CM on Saturday mad.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did not recieve it. I pre-ordered around the same time as the Cap'n. I DID receive my credit card statement and it says BTS charged $99.00 on 6/15/2000. Even if it didn't get shipped until the 21st, it should still be here.

I am not very PO'ed, lets just say more important things have come up (sorry BTS). (Must......suppresss......urge......to....put.....smilie......oh hell, sorry Mr. Peng) biggrin.gif

------------------

No smilies were harmed in the making of this post.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I haven't received the game yet.

The constantly shifting shipping updates go right along with the constantly shifting release dates. It basically boils down to, "The game will be finished whenever it is finished, ship whenever it is shipped, and arrive whenever it arrives."

I've learned my lesson. I put faith in BTS to come vaguely close to releasing the game when they said they would and to have preorders ship before those who ordered later. What a joke.

No CM2 preorder for me.

Jason

------------------

Betas available to everyone are just publicity stunts anyways. -FK

Dammit, I'm still here, too. Now, if my copy (preordered before Xmas) should happen to show up on Monday, that will be a full week after someone else in my town that preordered it in May. It isn't like I live in a remote area, I'm eight frigging miles from downtown Los Angeles! When CM2 comes out, I'm sure I'll buy a copy, but I'm just as sure that I won't preorder it! frown.gif

Ouch, you guys are actually causing me true pain. I generalize as I say this, but we all have felt that CM was *the* game, that while prior to its development, wargames were good, but they fail in comparison to what CM has to offer. The creators are just two guys (with a little outside help on graphics). You are unhappy with customer support, yet Steve and Charles are all over this board. You are unhappy with the lack of a concrete release date, yet most companies with more employees and less to offer are vague and we let them live. Finally, you are pissed at BTS for the shipping errors. I was pissed too, but not at BTS. They relied on a separate company, and it turned out to be a bad choice. Can you really blame Steve and Charles for this? Perhaps if they make the same mistake twice in choosing a mailing firm I could agree. Reread what I just wrote, and draw comfort in that when the game arrives, all wounds will be washed away.

We are good people buying from good people. See you on the battlefield!

Jonathan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I ordered the day it was released....(I would have pre-ordered it had I known about the game!).....I recieved it today.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm happy for the person getting his CM this weekend, but geez. Pre-order customers are still waiting and already non pre-orders are arriving. But I guess BTS can point to USPS on this one, 2-3 days difference or more.

Okay, all I got to do is wait two more days till Monday, or three until Tuesday, or four, five, six, SEVEN, EIGHT, NINE, TEN......

<pant, pant, pant>

Sometimes I wish CM was an unworthy piece of trash so I wouldn't care so much, but we know better. Its so damn good that this waiting for 11-12 days (I hope) expecting it to be delivered every day is driving me...

Day 1 smile.gif

Oh what a beautiful morning,

Oh what a beautiful day,

I have a wonderful feeling,

CM is coming today.

Day 2 wink.gif

Oh what a pleasant morning,

Oh what a pleasant day,

I have a nagging feeling,

CM please be here today.

Day 3 tongue.gif

Oh what an average morning,

Oh what an average day,

I got a funny feeling,

CM won't show up today.

Day 4 frown.gif

Oh what a gloomy morning,

Oh what a gloomy day,

I got the worst feeling,

CM, again your not here today.

Day 5 mad.gif

Oh kiss off this morning,

Oh up yours this day,

I don't care bout your feelings,

CM, OH SURPRISE, your not here today,

But maybe another day,

or two, or three, or four, FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT, NINE, TEN.....

<pant, pant, pant>

Signing off...

[snipped out the "too harsh" stuff.(edited 06-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 06-24-2000).]

Freyland - I think you have misinterpreted what people are saying. Explanations and amplifications (for my case, at least) follow.

"You are unhappy with customer support, yet Steve and Charles are all over this board." - Actually, I am VERY happy with customer support from BTS, by and large. I just feel that, on this ONE issue, it could have been better. I think it says it all that I really expected BTS to give us more info - with most companies, it would be out of the question.

"You are unhappy with the lack of a concrete release date" - Well, I'm not. Some others may be, but I much prefer BTS's attitude.

"Finally, you are pissed at BTS for the shipping errors." - Nope, for the shipping errors I am pissed at the fulfillment company. I think BTS should probably reconsider working with them in the future, but ALL I am at all pissed at BTS about is not telling us more about what's going on.

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

Kuroth,

BTS is staying away from this thread, because there is NOTHING they can do about it.

The copies were shipped and will sooner or later arrive.

What should BTS do? Jumping into their cars and personally deliver the game?

Think positive; when the game arrives, you have the added value of

1. Dozens of new scenarios available for download

2. Knowledge of possible technical problems and their solution (see the Bug board)

Fred

Fred,

Sorry. Your reasons to think positive just don't cut it...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are about 50 scenarios that come with the game. I don't think you would run out of playing those in two weeks, do you? Why would I be concerned about additional scenarios in two weeks? I'd rather have the game early and have the additional scenarios delayed.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

2. Knowledge of possible technical problems and their solution (see the Bug board)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, how many volunteers do you think you will find that would be willing to shelve their CM to wait until possible technical issues are defined. If we wanted to wait till then, I would not have pre-ordered. So, could not care.

The fact is, there is NO POSITIVE or gains that I am about to have bestowed on me because I'm getting my game later. With maybe just one now coming to mind...

The Art of Practicing Patience.

But I gave up that practice on Wednesday went I had my own temper blow up on this board. Now I try to cry more professionally, with some consideration to BTS and a warry eye to the ComMie fanatics tongue.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I can't understand why you guys in Iowa have'nt gotten the game yet, while I got it back on monday and I live in Kansas City? I ordered the game only a month ago. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And so it goes on other posts on this board. It really makes one want to use those mad.gif faces all mad.gif over mad.gif the mad.gifmad.gif place. mad.gif

But I'm above that.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fred:

Think positive; when the game arrives, you have the added value of

Fred<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You left our a few.

3. A week or more of playing time lost forever while our compatriots revel in the game.

4. A few extra helpings of disappointment and dashed spirits.

5. A better, if somewhat strained, relationship with our postal delivery person (and most people say THEY are the crazed ones).

I was going to do a bunch more of these, but it is too depressing to go on. I'll just return to my chores, you all have fun at the prom.

Superdisappointedtanker

Look, I don't buy the "BTS is just two guys" excuse.

I work in a three person (should be four) software company. It consists of my stepfather, mother (but she has cancer and can't work at the moment) and another fellow my age named Tommy. If we pulled "we are just a small company" on our customers, they would laugh at us. And S&C aren't doing that either but some others have.

The reason I brought up the missed release dates is that, in going through old threads for the FAQ, it is comical how far off they were in their estimates. I would characterize it as 'delusionally optimistic'.

Jason

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guachi:

Look, I don't buy the "BTS is just two guys" excuse.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's nice. BTS did not make it, just me. Please keep that in mind.

Jonathan

This last post exists to avoid misinterpretation by the multitude of unwashed massess and von Lucke.

Guest Scott Clinton

gumble....bitch....grumble....bitch....complain...

There, now I'm qualify to be 'in' this thread too. wink.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Grenadier:

Post here if you did not recieve CM on Saturday mad.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, I worked for a small company with a mail order product division (me), and I'll tell you right now, what I'm about to say has nothing to do with BTS or their fulfillment service, it's just some horrible truths about fulfillment in general. I'm sure that when BTS's guys were there in the first couple of days, early preorders were pulled and shipped by the numbers. After the first rush, and despite the best intentions, or promises to the vendor, the people pulling and shipping just grab and ship whatever comes to hand. The least snag, question, confusion, glitch, or no reason at all can move someone's order to the end of the queue. This also encompasses any problems with processing or getting card authorization. This is not done by evil intent. It just happens, because, the people shipping this are only kind of affected by the whole process. Also, I have to say, when we had items where our quantity to ship was limited, we worked hard to make sure early orders got shipped first. When there was no concern about whether everyone would get a copy or not, the key was to just print out orders, grab packing material, and start shipping in any old order. For one thing, taking stacks of orders and trying to 'prioritize' on the basis of when ordered was, frankly, a waste of time. We just wanted to get all those orders out the door as quick as we could, not rank them on the basis of worthiness (I know I will go to hell for having proceeded this way).

But believe me, for a small vendor there is a VERY REAL value to preordering: making up copies, packages, etc. as well as trying to schedule for eventual shipment and so on, let's them know what kind of ordering to do, and how to allocate resources to deal with the shipping when the product shows up. Worst case with few preorders: Vendor underestimates their first run/print job (sometimes there's big savings by doing a big run, more for paper printing than CDs, other times there's not much point besides tying up money in stock that doesn't appear to have a home yet). So what happens, the orders come in, stock runs out, and they have to go back to the manufacturer/printer, and that means delays too. And, for a small vendor, the best world is to know what kind of initial volume to aniticpate so you can make the best deal for yourself that you can.

Also, although this is probably only part of the problem for some of the people, do not underestimate the vagaries of the Postal System. Am I saying blame them? No, the USPS is a goddamn wonder, handling millions of letters and packages daily. And I've said it before: Priority mail is a usual 2-3 day proposition. But I've seen it take 2 weeks, even 3 (in those cases, someone screwed up). Also, we used to ship to people who didn't know their own bloody address, or what a printer spewed out made one zip look like another, etc. etc. There are all sorts of reasons for delays in shipping: Some human error, some machine error, some apparent complete acts of God.

Now, on the other hand, having counseled for patience and understanding, I feel there is nothing wrong with a good, hard session of venting and wrath! As long as it's done in an appropriate and gentlemanly way. I spent 5 years shipping to people, and sometimes I KNEW I WAS SCREWING THEM OVER. Vent on me. I deserve it. Drive me like a pig into the wilderness. And keep your good feelings towards BTS. I would have done more horrible things to most of you, and our product was worse. biggrin.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.