"Cor Blimey, they're everywhere!"

Often closely followed by :

"Cor Blimey, we're completly surrounded !"

Alex.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my common sayings when sneaking that Sherman 76 out of it's hiding place to take the SP gun in the flank from a measly 400 years... and then watch 5 misses at the bulky gun turns around and fires one shot and gets one kill....

"Knew that was going to happen"

Becasue it seems it ALWAYS does!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Compassion:

I was playing Wiltz when the above happened... I also cursed and praised Wild Bill often. Nasty little piece of work that scenario is.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL this was the same scenario that i was playing when my hetzer took so many at gun hits smile.gif

ps what kind o gun was that anyway??

------------------

Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. --Gen. Patton

What can usually be heard coming out of my computer room:

"Turn, damn you, turn!

What? No!

I didn't tell you to do that!

Where the hell did that come from?

F--k me! smile.gif

------------------

Ob's stürmt oder schneit, ob die Sonne uns lacht, der Tag glühend heiß oder eiskalt die Nacht, bestaubt sind die Gesichter, doch froh ist unser sinn, ja unser sinn, es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin

-- Panzerlied

I say this one all the time:

NOW....GET HIM!!!!!

(this could be for anything, from an overwhelming frontal assault, to a depleted squad aiming their last rifle grenade towards the frontal armor of a King Tiger 250m away.)

Usually followed by...

"I said GET HIM! SHOOT! SHOOT! Why the f&"! aren't you shooting?? I gave you direct orders to..."

(BOOM) <<(this is something bad happening)

"You lousy piece of s#&! I told you to shoot!! Aaahhhh...."

Also, when I get a particularly good kill I leap up from my chair and do a fist pump like I just won the pole vault in the Olympics or something. This is usually accompanied by...

"Oh yeah, baby, you're beautiful, I love ya! Right on! Way to go!

Great idea for a thread, this.

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

Well,

All the above and,"Honey! HONEY!!! look at this...(wife dutifully runs over to computer)

look at that...(as I replay a paticularly action packed turn) isn't that awsome?!?...

(wife pats me lovingly on the head) "Oh wow umm cool honey........

Later I hear her making a phone call,"Yes doctor....Monday morning at 8:30?....that will be fine....."

<joking>

It's not so much while I'm playing the game rather, it's the fact that I find myself changing the topic at work from sports to CM.

I get some strange looks from the other equipment operators at work.LOL But two of them are getting computers and DSL this month. I'm wearing them down fellas!

Truckers and operators cuss like this anyway,

it's genetic... rolleyes.gif

Just finished a TCP/IP game which was fought a full 30 turns to a draw. A few quotes from the chat-

my opponent: "HAHA mowed em all down like pigs!" after he mows down all 8 squads I ran across a bridge.

me: "woohoo snuck that zook in eh?" after running into a building and taking out a passing KT with a bazooka.

me: "oh baby broiled bratwurst!" as we both watch flames from my Sherman Croc wash over his Tiger and it explodes in a glorious fireball.

my opponent: "you fag!"

gotta love it.

Most of the above, in the course of a normal (losing) game.

But last night was something unique . . . I was playing Elsdorf (modified) and parked a Sherman within a small depression at just the right side of the large house in the middle of the map (near the intersection), hoping to ambush any vehicle coming forward . Then an unknown tank represented by an iconic symbol and described as "sounds like a tank" appeared at the elevated ground behind the German garrison. The icon started lobbing shots, peppering my Sherman and ground around it, but the crew can not see it. And frustratingly, I can not determine what exactly it was hitting my tank either.

I ordered the tank to move, but it bogged down. And the shots just kept on coming . . . kinda lost my cool, and I suddenly stood up, mouthing an obscenity. The sudden move launched my chair backwards with some force. It hit the glass coffee table (my PC is in the family room) broke the glass and launched the crystal vase towards the wall. And of course it broke as well.

My wife (bless her) was so furious that she threatened to delete the game from the computer, if I can not control myself. I promised to behave, but hid the CM:BO game disc at a safe place she will never think of looking, just in case.

------------------

"The lesson, my young ignorant boys, is this: don't be a hero, on horseback, or otherwise. Always stay behind cover." SS Col. Heinz Von Krupp Thorvald (German top sniper in the seige of Stalingrad, after a massacre of charging Polish cavalry by Panthers--"Rattenkreig")

LOL -- hilarious thread...

When a gaggle of shermans walk right into my Panther's flanking ambush:

<yelling> "Yeah, B*tch!! Whose your Daddy?!? WHOSE your Daddy?!? Die!! Die!!"

<accompanied by me air-slapping an imaginary butt>

Unfortunately I live on a crowded street where people constantly are walking by within earshot of my open window...

ROFL!!

Elysian