New CM Site!!

Thanks....i'm sorry it doesn't have any content at the moment but hopefully now people are starting to receive THE GAME we should see a flood of decent battles being released once everyone as sussed out the ED.

Charles...Thanks for producing a very, very, cool game!! smile.gif

Capt. - On the site there's an 'uploading instructions page'. It might not be too clear at the moment (i haven't even seen the editor yet!!), so if any scenario authors think the instructions need modifying then please let me know how they can be improved.

www.combatmissions.co.uk/instructions.htm

BTW - I know that there's no difference between PC & Mac scenario files made with the editor, but are Mac users able to open/extract from normal PC .zip files?? as all the downloads will be in PC zip format. I've never owned a Mac so i've no idea and i don't want to leave Mac users out.

[This message has been edited by Manx (edited 06-18-2000).]

This looks like it will be a cool site.

Do you plan on having a "RATINGS" area where people can post thier ratings on each scenario?

Even a free for all ratings post will give people an idea if it's a sucky scenario, or someone really spent alot of time building a scenario.

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

DEF BUNGIS - Off the top of my head, the only things i can see that could be rated are:

1. - Historical Accuracy

2. - Difficulty

3. - The 'fun factor'

4. - Maybe a rating for build quality of the actual map

5. - Is the weighting of the opposing forces balanced ok.

I looked into this and i do think it would be a good thing to do, but at the moment i have no plans to 'rate' scenario's. I think having a general posts page on scenarios could work as long as it's done in a way where no SPOILERS creep in.

On the other hand, with each scenario only weighing in at something like 15-30k, i don't think it's too much hassle to download, try, then delete, if you don't think the scenario is any good.

If you have a decent rating 'system' that you think could work then please let me know and we'll work something out smile.gif

Ya, it's no big issue to download then delete if sucky. I was just asking.

The one thing I like about it is, it's simple!

Just go and look for scenarios. Not having to wait for a thousand banners to load is cool too. You know that is annoying for us dial up people.

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Manx:

BTW - I know that there's no difference between PC & Mac scenario files made with the editor, but are Mac users able to open/extract from normal PC .zip files?? as all the downloads will be in PC zip format. I've never owned a Mac so i've no idea and i don't want to leave Mac users out.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Manx, thanks for thinking of us. Haven't had a look at the site yet but will soon. As to your question, yes they can. Mac users have access to a freeware utility called Stuffit Expander, that in its latest incarnation 5.5 at least can open Zip files. It comes with every new Mac and can be freely downloaded at www.aladdinsys.com/index.html It is also a much better compression utility than any ZIp software, but we won't go into the system wars again...

------------------

Andreas

Moon - Thanks...that's very decent of you smile.gif . I had already downloaded them (not to post on my site, but to play when i eventually get the game...they look excellent and you have obviously put in alot of hard work on them!!).

I know you have your own scenario page and not wanting to "tread on your toes", i want you to know that my intentions of setting up a scenario site are only to post files submitted by the actual authors themselves and not to 'download' them directly from another scenario site. If an author wants to post specifically to one site and not mine then i wouldn't copy it and then post it on mine.

Hi,

great site,good to see such a quality site from this side of the pond! Having said that I think it is Moon that produces the German site and that looks great too!

I see you have sections for scenarios and operations and I look forward to downloading from them. However have you considered having a section just for maps? As I will only be using the same maps once or twice and am very lazy anyway I will not be producing finely tuned scenarios anyone else would be interested in, but I will be producing a lot of maps, I hope. I will also have a great hunger for other peoples maps. I feel there may be demand for a map only section, but I may be wrong.

All the best,

Kip.

------------------

Cheers for the comments...Maps? - I am open to suggestions. If theres a call for them then i don't see any reason why they couldn't be incorporated into the site.

I am currently working on the pages for Moon's scenarios and i should have them posted later tonight. Once again thanks Moon.

Guest ACTOR

Looks great! When I get the game, I am sure I will download everything I can and play until my wife threatens to leave.

Excellent site!

However, I can't resist pointing out that you say operations, instructions, and scenario's (with an apostrophe). Now call me a nerd but it just drives me crazy when people do that. NO apostrophe for plurals please!

I humbly apologize for my nerdly comments. Thanks so much for the great site!