Anyone found any music to listen to while playing?

Guest dirkd1976

Jimmy Buffett......I'm kidding smile.gif

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ash:

Just wonderinng, I've tried everything I can think of but I haven't found the right touch yet.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do a search, there've been a couple of long music threads.

Classic was often mentionded. Wagner's tannhauser or

ride of the valkyries are amongst favourites.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

I find La Resistance and "What would Brian Boitano do" are good, fun tunes to listen to while playing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you quite sure those set the right mood? rolleyes.gif

Why on earth would you listen to music?!?! This is a battlefield dammit, not a concert hall. American Robins are chirping, arty is dropping in the distance, motors are idling. THAT's the music! And that doesn't even account for the 60 sec of mayhem each turn. BTS, I suggest you make identifying sound contacts harder for those people who listen to music while playing. Very unprofessional!

------------------

Jeff Abbott

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juardis:

Why on earth would you listen to music?!?! This is a battlefield dammit, not a concert hall.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The explanation is in the fine film "Apocalypse Now" smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juardis:

Why on earth would you listen to music?!?! This is a battlefield dammit, not a concert hall. American Robins are chirping, arty is dropping in the distance, motors are idling. THAT's the music<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, baby, all them negative waves...

------------------

It's a mother-beautiful bridge and it's gonna be THERE.

Yet one more suggestion:

Tchaikovsky: 1812 Overture http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000003CSG/o/qid=964047111/sr=2-3/103-9513847-0077438

The version I chose here is the one with Erich Kunzel and the Cincinatti Symphony Orchestra with digitally sampled cannons for the finale.

It reminds me of the scene in the movie Waterloo (with Christopher Plummer) when the French army under Napoleon arrives on the field with a full marching band playing music as the Old Guard march down the center. Anyone know what that music was? Well, when I get my army together, that's how I want to arrive in battle.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Tchaikovsky: 1812 Overture; the one with Erich Kunzel and the Cincinatti Symphony Orchestra<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh puhleeeease! smile.gif If you want the 1812 get this recording:

Jarvi / Gothenburg Symph / DG

Absolutely superb. Also includes excellent Marche Slave, Steppes of Central Asia, Polovtsian dances, and Russian Easter Festival Overture.

- Chris

Good ideas. I took the time to hook up my tape player-recorder to my VCR a few years back. I then recorded sound clips from all my favorite combat movies.

The list is long...Opening Hamburger Hill, clips from Red Dawn ("Wolverines!"), Battle of Britain, Zulu, (yes, Zulu!) and dozens more. Enough to fill two tapes with short clips.

Leaving it low in the background so as to not drown out the sound of the game create a definite combat ambience.

I turn on the music and swivel around to get going. I'm getting my best "warface" ready when Beth hollers from the bedroom, "Playing that game again, huh?"

biggrin.gif Busted!

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

[This message has been edited by Wild Bill Wilder (edited 07-20-2000).]

Napster and Metallica, friends forever... biggrin.gif

Disaster - if you're familiar with Basil Pouledouris' work I'm surprised you didn't include "The Hunt for Red October." I think that's an excellent soundtrack. The "Saving Private Ryan" soundtrack is reportedly good, though I don't own it... I guess being 18 I tend to play games to alternative/punk/rock music. Too many to name...

------------------

KMHPaladin

KHarkins@voicenet.com

"We have the enemy surrounded. We are dug in and

have overwhelming numbers. But enemy airpower is

mauling us badly. We will have to withdraw."

-- Japanese infantry commander, SITREP, Burma

The only acceptable music for CM is the Panzer Lied (Wacht am Rhein isn't bad, but I'm taking a stand here).

"Dann ist unser Panzer

Ein ehernes Grab."

I get to sing that line a lot.

Otherwise the sounds of battle are my symphony- the MG42, my violin.