Taking bets on when the Peng Thread hits 2000!

ok people I'm taking a bet the prize is a suprize (no not a ride in a van) heh give me your guess when Peng Thread hits 2000 you have to give the date and time. the one that is on target or the closest wins and gets... something from germany sent to them. (I'll try to confirm the exact time with BTS).

just a note any altered dates will disqualify you from the Bet so first guess it written in stone Im writing down the dates from each person to make sure.. smile.gif

also all times will be assumed from EST.

----

Thats not fair they have Tigers!

[This message has been edited by mensch (edited 09-01-2000).]

[This message has been edited by mensch (edited 09-01-2000).]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

If I bet enver and then go and start cursing and stuff so that the thread gets locked up, will I win?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll see that enver, and raise you two envers.

Anyway, why lock up the noblest thread of the board, when a simple ban would do the trick? After your privates are amply gnawed by rodents and the other things that live there... your corporals and sergeants, too...

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

If I bet enver and then go and start cursing and stuff so that the thread gets locked up, will I win?

Jeff Heidman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Makesnosense just tried that, but we are above that sort of nonsense, so that won't work.

Hundminen: Hamster/Chinchilla debate, noble taunting, sewers, closets, gentlemanly challenges and kicking the opponents you just beat in the face when they are down already.

Minnesota Joe, if you have an issue with it, don't go there. But I will go lightly on you because we derive our second name for the thread from your only post. Make sure you make no other, that way we just may(!) think fondly of you.

------------------

Andreas

dear Jeff Heidman, Berlichtingen, Hundminen and Minnesota Joe,

If I could change the title, it should have been "contest" cuz I don't win if anyone is wrong (that is a bet) this is just a contest I'm just giving out a prize (money out of my own pocket) becuase beeing a silent admirer of the Peng file and its enjoyable reading.

You on the other hand if you don't wish to play or take a guess then don't. leave my thread in peace your swearing or instigating manor does not make you better then me, on the contrary it proves you have a bulling style. I also emailed BTS asking if this was ok because the thought did occur to me some "people" may come in and try to shoot this thread down.. sometimes people say what they think but never think what they say. sad realy, apparently having a sport of fun in this forum seems to be kicked or punched when it pops up.

I guess I should limit my self to abusing people, its amazing the ballocks one has to insult another person when they dont have to look them in the eye. if your manor offline is such as it is online I am glad I have the pleasure in not encountering it.

as mentioned before take a guess no cost no loss, aside from me sending something from germany to the winner.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>leave my thread in peace your swearing or instigating manor does not make you better then me, on the contrary it proves you have a bulling style.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Swearing? Instigating? All I was just pointing out to those that plan on partaking of your contest a very real danger. I have no problem with your idea, i just don't want to see the entire board brought down like it was before. With that said... Oct. 3rd, 5:00pm.

Guest Germanboy

Heh Greg, chill. Berli was just pointing out that there once was the 'refreshing monkeys' incident (about the same calibre as the Mukden Incident) on this board, at the time of the Gold Demo release. Brought the board down. Now if someone gets so overzealous to get one of your grandma's sweaters that he is going to post twohundred or such posts just to make it time-wise, there could be problems.

And if Hundminen insists on being an adult, let him be. We know better than that, natsch natsch...

Oh, and Sept.27th, 10.40 GMT. Seems you learned something while looking for aliens, nothing like a good contest, eh?

------------------

Andreas

Many of you have expressed concerns in private correspondence about the 2000th post to the Peng Challenge thread, or P2K, as the media have come to call it.

There are wild rumors that the board will crash, the server will split in twain, and the Demons of the Cesspool will spill out over the earth.

People, there is no cause for alarm. The Pengennium will not actually begin until the 2001st post anyway. Have your Mac or PC checked for P2K compliance, and relax.

The biggest danger will be human panic in reaction to this superstition, possibly resulting in another "Day of the Refreshing Monkeys" (and I'm not talking about a minty aftertaste, as those who were here will ruefully recall).

P2K is a safe and manageable milestone on CM's road to greatness. Please remain calm.

[This message has been edited by Mark IV (edited 09-02-2000).]

Guest Mirage2k

September 20, 2000...let's say 11:05 PM EST.

-Andrew

PS: I've got fifty hamster pellets that say the cruel taskmaster Steve will close it up at 1999 wink.gif

------------------

VOTE BLAH FOR PRESIDENT!

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!

BLAH IN 2000!

Guest Mirage2k

Speaking of the Peng thread, when it's all over (if it's ever over) I think I'm going to print it out and tape it to my wall. The material in there beats any TV comedy.

Or maybe I won't...depends on what I ate the night before.

-Andrew

------------------

VOTE BLAH FOR PRESIDENT!

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!

BLAH IN 2000!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mirage2k:

I think I'm going to print it out and tape it to my wall...depends on what I ate the night before.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might be handy either way, don't you think? 55 pages is a lot of personal hygiene, on the hoof, so to speak....