Time line.

Guest Robert/1

Guest Username:

Its Beyond Overlord. Thats the incremental second after D-Day till the end of all time.

Lewis

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Username::

Its Beyond Overlord. Thats the incremental second after D-Day till the end of all time.

Lewis<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Until the end of time? My lord, I can't wait for the full game so I can start simulating the Warsaw Pact offensive through the Fulda Gap!

-Lurker

Note that no smileys were harmed in the creation of this post.

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Robert/1, once again, go back to school and learn how to spell. Sheesh! I mean there are misspellings on this board all the time, but none and just plain dumb as yours. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Well, first of all, Operation Overlord was the official name given to the D-Day Invasion landings. So therefore CM:Beyond Overlord starts on June 7, 1944 and runs to May 1945, when Germany surrendered.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guachi:

I think we should nominate Robert/1 for a "Captain Manieri Award"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 05-26-2000).]

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Oh, don't go blaming it on the school system. ...err, well, I don't know...he is from BC, Canada. rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't be so harsh, but look at what he is misspelling...

ex. "conferming".."sertain"..."seares"

Next thing he'll be spelling "cat" like D-O-G.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guachi:

I think we should nominate Robert/1 for a "Captain Manieri Award"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Robert/1

Why do you have to make comments about my spelling every time you answer one of my questions? And don't make fun of Canada or B.C.

OB&G, there are people who use phonetics to spell and communicate. (I am not implying that Robert uses phonetics because I do not know that for a fact). The point is that they do communicate their ideas the best they can by using the only means they know. It's different, but it works.

We don't know Robert's situation and, quite frankly, it's nobody's business but his. If his spelling bothers you so much, don't read his posts.

------------------

We are both men of action. Lies do not become us. — Westley

While I have never been one to criticize Robert's (or anyone else's) spelling, it to troubles me when spelling is rampantly poor. The reason is funny, and a bit strange in this day and age, but also very basic: communication implies civilization, and it is easy to feel the lack of it implies otherwise. While I would hardly know (or care) if this applies to Robert, I hope it explains why I think many people are troubled by another's poor spelling.

Cheers

Jonathan

Guest Rupert

Maybe your right, but we not here to judge anyone on his spelling or anyone on anything else for that matter !!! We all have things people can critcize us for but we don't !!! So keep of the subject and get back on track guys!

STOP BEING MICKEY MOUSE OB&G.

[This message has been edited by Rupert

See.. I've made a mistake !!

(edited 05-27-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Rupert (edited 05-27-2000).]

I've understood exactly what ideas Robert is conveying. This isn't school and we're not trying to earn a GPA toward a degree. As long as someone is able to get their point across, I don't see any problems here. Most of the folks with "Member" status are very knowledgible about the various aspects of World War II and I see them as kind of representatives of this forum. Slamming people for poor grammar or spelling is below them.

Me fail English? That's unpossible!

Speedy, LOL!

Robert, it doesn't matter how you spell on a bulliten board. It isn't like there is a spellchecker or anything. Plus, we can understand EXACTLY what you are typing. And, it was only two mistakes, eh?

Guest herbjorn

OB&G, people of many nationalities frequent this board, and they don`t all have English as their mother tongue. I think you should keep that in mind, too. They are probably better at writing English than you could ever hope to be at writing in their native language -without spending considerable time on it. (Time best spent playing CM ;P )

Eye kin spell this write, sew this shouldn't bee two hard for yew too read, OB&G. Know misspelled words hear, that eye kin sea. Eye don't think anyone else cares wink.gif

(Only two smileys were harmed in the creation of this posting).

Edit: spelling wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Mannheim Tanker (edited 05-27-2000).]