Peng, I Am Still Taking Our Bloody Challenge Public

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

Oh, Andreas, whoa is the one who opens the can of whupass upon himself. You whine and complain about yet, if you for a moment thought about the logical fallacy you present, you would see the many flaws in your argument:

Point A: My massive number of LMGs. Well, sir, if you have ever played CM, I'm sure you would discover that the LMG team is almost but not quite as durable as a Tickle-Me-Elmo doll.

Point B: Custer. Not just a poor commander but a wretched excuse for a human being.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err, I would like to disagree - I only have a problem with the massive amount of LMGs (more than I have seen in a couple of QBs together). Don't have an issue with anything else, apart from the fact that I think Custard is evil.

I am sure you would not have broken your line in my position my dear boy, b/c we had night and fog and full FOW, remember. So I only could run headlong into your defences or give up on this map because there was no room for maneuver either. The latter was more fun than wasting any more time on the game. As far as I was concerned, behind every one of your LMGs could have been a squad. My guys were panicking as soon as they got under fire, so charging you would not work either. As I said, in Real-Life™ this attack most likely would have been broken off and I would have come back with some tanks after a massive barrage. Sorry, but the fun factor in this one was well below zero for me.

Please note the following - we did not agree on any force make-up, so I am not accusing you of anything. But I like to play with historical forces, so from now on it will be canned scenarios by scenario makers of good standing between us.

So let me know what scenario it is going to be by email.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-01-2000).]

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humbug I say!

If you had any artillery (The cost of my line was a complete lack of artillery) you could have punched a hole in my line and rolled me up. Or you could have dropped smoke and moved in. I think that my defense was not impregnable, rather it was ingenuitive, especially anchoring it with the pillbox.

As to scenarios, I have not played any of the ones that do not come with the game and am open to anything. I like to defend or attack, and frown upon any scenario that involves ducks, fellatio or In Living Color references.

------------------

I've got far more annoying things than that up my sleeve.

-Meeks

You must wear awfully loose shirts to fit an oompah band up your sleeve.

-Chrisl

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdmorse:

In a bit of a dementia related stupor this morning I believe I confused you and Meeks (*shudder*)Poor Meeks, he is still probably trying to load that turn I sent him. Things seem to be working now, email wise, not within my own sodden cranium. Unfortunetly, it seems to be a natural by product of the days of my lives (this and prior) as opposed to the ingestion of any substance. More's the pity.

As to our little tete a tete, a war of mauver it doesn't seem to be........

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I don't doubt that your body is as dissipated as that of any member of your low profession could be, the problem is not in your substance-addled brain, liver, spleen, lymphatic system, Isle of Langerhans. It's a problem with your bloody ISP:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by some Mailer Daemon who's probably a servant of Berli anyway:

The original message was received at Wed, 1 Nov 2000 17:29:51 -0500 (EST)

from user-2ivf11e.dialup.mindspring.com (65.247.132.46)

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

{jdmorse@home.com}

----- Transcript of session follows -----

... while talking to mx-rr.home.com.:

RCPT To:{jdmorse@home.com}

550 {jmorse@home.com}.. Relaying denied

550 {dmorse@home.com}.. User unknown

[/b[<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please rectify.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

In a bit of a dementia related stupor this morning I believe I confused you and Meeks (*shudder*)Poor Meeks, he is still probably trying to load that turn I sent him. Things seem to be working now, email wise, not within my own sodden cranium. Unfortunetly, it seems to be a natural by product of the days of my lives (this and prior) as opposed to the ingestion of any substance. More's the pity.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I don't doubt that your body is as dissipated as that of any member of your low profession could be, the problem is not in your substance-addled brain, liver, spleen, lymphatic system, Isle of Langerhans. It's a problem with your bloody ISP:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by some Mailer Daemon who's probably a servant of Berli anyway:

The original message was received at Wed, 1 Nov 2000 17:29:51 -0500 (EST)

from user-2ivf11e.dialup.mindspring.com (65.247.132.46)

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

{jdmorse@home.com}

----- Transcript of session follows -----

... while talking to mx-rr.home.com.:

RCPT To:{jdmorse@home.com}

550 {jmorse@home.com}.. Relaying denied

550 {dmorse@home.com}.. User unknown

[/b[<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please rectify.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

I like to play with historical forces

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I can't send you a set up with 10 King Tigers and a dachshund?

Are you trying to say that is not historical?

I saw it in a bazooka joe comic so it must have happened.

Andreas, do somefink!

------------------

Torture you? That...That's a good idea.

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

-- jdmorse's e-mail address appears to have gone dead. Although I am all in favor of silencing the lawyer class, I am trying to get a turn to him. At this point, however, disappearing off the face of the earth may be to his advantage.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TTFN yerself

JD

Stop it...

STOP IT...

or is this some insidious plot to make all of us think we are going crazy...

double posts from newbies that still stink of shrinkwrap are to be tolerated if not expected, but from the likes of you!!!

On the battle update front:

Sheepster, I long ago ran out of toes and fingers counting my way up to and past 125,000. Send a turn!

Crawdad, who continues to kill more native western european moles than anything else in the battle, had a Hvy SMG Squad and the Platoon Leader group wiped out this turn, although he did manage to send one squad of Amis runnin home to mama.

When asked about the threat from the German artillery, one GI quipped, "Ain't seen any near me, but I hear tell that a friend of a friend of a friend heard of someone who actually got knicked by a splinter. Damn near drew blood it did..."

A second GI was quick to add, "I only give it a three... No rhythm and you can't dance to it..."

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...

Originally posted by PeterNZer:

What the Heck is an Ilk? I've never been called one before, is it a promoted Squire?...

I don't know about the rest of the world, but in Canada, it's a sick Elk.

------------------

"With cat-like tread, Upon our prey we steal;

In silence dread, Our cautious way we feel." -G&S

Humbug I say!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meeks, you itinerant turnip toasting tippling typer of twaddle - send me a bloody turn and get what's coming to you.

As for ahistorical defences, it's my understanding that the first thing the Germans did when defending a village under attack was burn the thing down. Tsk!

OberGrupenBloodyStompinFeuhrerbastard

Humbug I say!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is insufferable. Andreas, Meeks, stop this right now. This is the Peng Challenge Thread, aka 'the Cesspool', where it is understood that all Knights are honourable (if disgusting), all combats shall be worthy (even if odd), and all opponents shall shut the hell up and listen to the Law (this place may be anarchic, but we have standards, and Masters of the Order, who spend a great deal of time Debating other Masters, making them Master...well, we shan't go there, now shall we, my happy little pair of Master Debaters?

Meeks, you horrible little man. That Order of Battle was right out of the Catalog Of Useless Wanking Gamey Players. Andreas, Meeks invariably chooses the Oddest Bloody Setups That His Diseased Mind Might Make Seem Entertaining. You are both Knights, and I don't wish to watch this deteriorate into a huffy match. I value you both, if only because I wish to piss upon you both from a considerable height, so I cannot allow this sort of thing to continue. In the future, I shall regulate your combats. I stand as a Second to both of you. If either of you deviates from the rules of established Combat, I stand prepared to shoot you through the lungs, and utilize your remains in a very nice white bean stew.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

Ooooh, I can't stand seeing people fight. Probably because I'm a sissy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shut up, you!

90% of our interaction with each other is the simulated death of simulated men under our simulated command. The other 10% is calmly explaining how we will hurt and kill each other. Even though Andreas loves me and I love him, spats such as these are unavoidable.

So I say, let the bile flow. Ha ha!

By the way, does anyone know what happened to the board to cause these evil multiple posts?

------------------

I've got far more annoying things than that up my sleeve.

-Meeks

You must wear awfully loose shirts to fit an oompah band up your sleeve.

-Chrisl

[This message has been edited by Elijah Meeks (edited 11-02-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

What the Heck is an Ilk? I've never been called one before, is it a promoted Squire? I certainly hope so afer a brilliant few turns recently against Meeks and Chupie.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think its the Brit pronunciation of Elk, although I do like the idea of an intermediate level on the way to Kniggethood. Perhaps the Loyal Ilks Craving Kniggethood Most Earnestly (LICK ME).

------------------

"Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" — Oddball

"Crap." — Moriarty

[This message has been edited by Moriarty (edited 11-02-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Seanachai spewed forth:

This is insufferable. Andreas, Meeks, stop this right now. This is the Peng Challenge Thread, aka 'the Cesspool', where it is understood that all Knights are honourable (if disgusting)... blah, blah, blah, who bloody cares, blah blah, blah<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it just me or does anyone else think its time for Seanachai to get knocked off his Cesspapal thrown?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Is it just me or does anyone else think its time for Seanachai to get knocked off his Cesspapal thrown?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bellytingling!

The Cesspool is like a tree full of monkeys, with those of greater social standing higher up the tree.

Shornasheep believes he is at the pinnacle of the tree, but from our position lower down, all we see is an a*sehole! wink.gif

So let him be!

Mace

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

This is insufferable. Andreas, Meeks, stop this right now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bloody BT-Internet. Tried to post this last night, but the board would not let me. I would like to apologise for insinuating that Squeals is a gamey bastard, a swine and a lower-than-life crustacean. He is in fact only a bastard, a swine and a lower-than-life crustacean. My frustration got the better of me. I shall take the ritual punishment of holding my head under whatever it is the Cesspool consists of for three minutes. It will improve my brain functions I am sure. I loathe you Geeks.

------------------

Andreas

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-02-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

Possibly. =)

=^..^=<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bite your own ankles, woman.. Thers a war on and we can't spare the manpower.

------------------

Torture you? That...That's a good idea.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

Bite your own ankles, woman.. Thers a war on and we can't spare the manpower.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I already do but he offered so I accepted. =)

K =^..^=

------------------

ICQ 8273286

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

Possibly. =)

=^..^=<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, mein furry kleine kitty Katze,

Möglicherweise könnten wir in ein wenig Knöchel uns engagieren zusammen beißend. Eine Flasche Wein, frisches Brot, Kerzelicht.

Hmm???

Zu den schleimigen Bänken unseres geliebten Pools, in denen wir überwachen können läuft das Protokoll...

It's GOT to be more interesting than the lack of turns from Sheepster, and playing blind man's bluff with guns and pointy sticks against Crawdad... the only true disappointment being that of all his troops encountered thus far, the remnants of one squad (1 of 8) got away... I shall have to flog my men for allowing this escape.

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

...and playing blind man's bluff with guns and pointy sticks against Crawdad...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But you're missing one thing...Miss Kitty and I play blind man's bluff with pointy things all the time. She's the one that taught me to put up a weak defense...meow!

------------------

"Nuts!"

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

So, mein furry kleine kitty Katze,

Möglicherweise könnten wir in ein wenig Knöchel uns engagieren zusammen beißend. Eine Flasche Wein, frisches Brot, Kerzelicht.

Hmm???

Zu den schleimigen Bänken unseres geliebten Pools, in denen wir überwachen können läuft das Protokoll...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is not only bad german, it is also the worst possible pick-up line I have seen used in a while. You are a disgusting creep Herr Slimeburst, and I am quite sure there are laws against treating a lady like that. Disgraceful.

------------------

Andreas

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-02-2000).]