No copy for me - tell me about yours

Well, a quick update anyway. I came back to my cube to find the postman had left me a lovely little suprise! (By the way, I preorded only 3 weeks ago, so there is hope for all you late comers.)

The package is just the manual with cd enclosed and shrinkwrapped. The manual is 171 pages, and looks to be well packed. I will tell you more when I get the thing installed, if you are interested.

Looks I will be taking off early today biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee:

I have a question. Has anyone else who pre-ordered before the beta

demo came out not gotten their copy? I pre-ordered before the beta

demo and *still* no CM today. I can't believe it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lee,

I preordered on May 7, 1999 (well over a year ago). Was quite disappointed when it did not show up here by at least Sat. in Denver. I don't buy all this road travel nonsense either (postal folks out there correct me if I'm wrong). I know darn good and well a lot of mail gets sent to and fro across the country on aircraft. I've bloody well seen the USPS bags getting loaded on commercial jetliners before. Is that 3rd class junk mail in those bags that are getting air transport? I somehow seriously doubt it. Not saying that it got on an airplane, but chances are probably pretty good that it did/could have.

Also, I can't believe that folks that didn't preorder until only a couple of weeks ago have already gotten there's!!! This bites (no offense intended as I'm sincerely hoping everyone that has gotten the game is enjoying the heck out of it). I can understand the distance thing (i.e proximity to BTS shipout point), but it seemed to me that it took a number of days according to Steve to get all the orders out in the first place. And that really didn't even start happening until Thur. from the sound of things. I don't know, all I can say is that I'm quite disappointed that I don't have the thing yet. Only thing I can guess is that 1) I just missed getting it Sat. and w/ no Sunday delivery it doesn't make it here until today, 2) When I updated my order w/ Steve back 6-8 weeks ago something got screwed up and I lost my place in line...?

Either way, if it isn't here in Denver today I'm going to be very upset. frown.gif

I'm not trying to complain just yet, but I'm certainly not very happy at the moment either.

Mikester out.

[This message has been edited by Mikester (edited 06-19-2000).]

Take a page from Clausiwitz.

All large organizations suffer from friction, and no more so than the USPS. Shipping time is dependent on many factors, and I am guessing that distance to be shipped is but one of them. I would speculate that others might be what routing through the system the package took, processing efficiency at various nodes in the system etc. Perhaps one of our online postal employees could offer some more educated words on the topic.

GRRRRR!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Copy. Preorder was Sept. 99.

In the immortal words if Charlton Heston in "Planet of the Apes" - To all of those playing "The" Game right now, "Damn you all to Hell!"

Jason

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

------------------

Betas available to everyone are just publicity stunts anyways. -FK

Someone explain to me how a fellow that pre-ordered *3 weeks* ago

get's CM before me??? Steve said all the pre-beta prders were going out

first. That means mine should have shipped Thursday or Friday at the latest.

I have had many priority packages sent to me, they never take more than two

days (if you live out in the sticks it often takes 3 days, but to me it's

always two). I live in PA, so that is very close to Vermont, no way it

would take 3 days from there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the people who got CM. smile.gif But where is

the justice in this shipping order? LOL. smile.gif

"I'm out of order? You're out of order! This whole courtroom is

out of order!!" (possible paraphrase)

I'm with you Lee. I hear ya. I don't know which is worse. Having to wait here at work another 2-1/2 hours before I can go home to see if it is in the mailbox, or actually getting there only to find out that the @#%@#%# Thing still hasn't arrived.

Like I said, it had better be there.

Mikester out.

Ok here's a little more, then I have GOT to stop screwing around with this and get back to work.

First, a shot of the scenario list (first page only, there are more) and yes, I couldn't resist installing it my work machine, and yes it is DOG slow in software only mode.

cmfront.gif

Second, more on the manual.

It looks pretty good. It is very reminicisent(sp?) of the manuals Atomic put out for their V for Victory games. Largish type, but full of content, and well written. It includes a tutorial, and a section on map-making techniques.

[This message has been edited by Leftwing66 (edited 06-19-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt. Manieri:

Lemme tell you something. I think it is a cospiricy against Italian americans. I think BTS hates Itlians.

Thank you

BNENY<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. I'm an Italian American with some Polish and English,so that kills that idea smile.gif

And Archangel,I will not invite a drunk teeneybopper to my house,especially a Male wink.gif

-Rook