Scenario Database Finished!!

Harv

Well, I think it's finally done. v1.5 now has 420 scenarios and operations that are sortable for your viewing pleasure.

It is going to be hosted on a soon to be named website for your convenience, but until then I can send it to anyone who asks.

I've been informed (by people much more knowledgeable than me) that it works on excel quite well, so I'm now sending it in Text & Tabs and Text & Commas formats only. Almost any spreadsheet or database program should be able to open one of these with no problems.

I'm certain I missed a few keys on my keyboard, and some scenarios on the web, so please report any errors or omissions to me and I will include them in the next update. An url and name of the missing files or the name of the scenario with incorrect data would be appreciated.

Craig

c.harvey@sk.sympatico.ca

Something else I want to mention to all of you scenario designers out there....

PLEEEEEASE don't name your file one thing, save it in a zip with another name, and then give it yet another name when you post it to a website. I realize this is probably only something I might notice from grabbing files by the armload, but it caused me no small amount of confusion when I was building the database.

Example: I see scenario named Mucho Big Tanks vs Hungry Infantry on a website. I look at my list, see I don't have it, copy the name, website and author's e-mail onto said list and download it (probably with 30 others). I then find a downloaded zip file named BobsCafe.zip on my hard drive, wonder where the h*ll that came from, unzip it, and then find a file named Tanks for the Donuts.cmb that doesn't show up anywhere on my #%$@&*^ list.

Confusing, no? YES!

That is all, thank you for allowing me to get this off my chest.

Your humble servant,

Craig

edit: repared sum horrid pelling mstakes

[This message has been edited by Harv (edited 11-15-2000).]

Well, I haven't had any negative feedback (yet), so I guess I didn't screw up too badly.

Anyways, after looking at the very nice unit database available on Col Klotz's site, I was thinking maybe I should buy Excel and add a few more features to mine. A small screenshot of the terrain, some (or all) of the main briefing and the author's play balance suggestions could be added also.

Are most of you using Excel? If so, I might go ahead with this, and hopefully have it done in a few weeks.

Craig

c.harvey@sk.sympatico.ca

Harv, you have done a real heroe's piece of work here, my friend. A lot of hourse went into putting this together. I must congratulate you... a true labor of love for the game and a willingness to serve your fellow gamers. Well done!

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Sorry Manx, I'm about to sign what could be a multi-million dollar contract with another site. They said they would pay $100 per hit, so I plan on retiring very soon.

**Harv wakes up from his fantasy**

Actually, I have agreed to an exclusive with another website, but they haven't made an announcement as yet, and I don't know if I can let the cat out of the bag. Please stay tuned for more information.

Craig (I know, I'm not that funny) Harvey