New tiles request for editor

I haven't seen the editor yet but is there a limit on how many tiles you can add to the editor? For instance if I like to create an exact replica of church X in village Y and just use it for one scenario, is this possible?

Marcus

A cool idea for BTS to earn more money would be to release special "city" packs with indepht descriptions of big cities involved. e.g Street fighting in Paris, Arnhem, Cherbourg etc. A great way to get in some extra cash while developing CM2.

Marcus

Yes the cows in the fields would be a really nice touch!

It has been explained that cows, if they were sprites (individiually) would burden the cpu unnecessarily.

OK, that they would,

So how about TILES of cows in pastures, they are just tiles like grass tiles but like trees they have 2D images of cows on them. If there was heavy shelling in the cow pasture it could turn into a tile with cow bodies in 2D (no blood, in keeping with the CM credo) lieing on their sides near shell craters.

there could be tiles with MANY MANY cows in the pasture and tiles with just a few cows in the pasture. That way you could manage your hurd and spread them around.

AND castles, we need buildings that look like castles or some way to put some "wall" or building tiles together to form a castle.

I think castles or things that can be combined to make castles are a MUST.

just a few suggestions.

Thanks

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TinMan:

Dead Cows!! I've seen lots of photos of the fighting in Normandy and there were alot of dead cows and horses to take cover behind. Heck, in SPR they even had dead cows!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 06-25-2000).]

I would like to see some way to recreate a an industrial area, yes a railyard would be nice but how about an oil refinery or alot of warehouses? Some buildings that could look like large factories. I think things like this will be required for the eastern front CM2 for sure.

How about wooden and/or concrete dock tiles to go with the beach tiles for amphib assaults?

I feel terrible I do not even have the game yet and now I wnat MORE out of the scenario editor...

I'm terrible I know

but thanks for listening smile.gif

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something else I would like to see is the building heights individually represented, even if they are abstracted. Eventually I would like to see the heights coded individually as 2,3 ,4 stories respectively, But for asthetics until this can be done I would still like seperate tiles even if we can only have two elevation values smile.gif

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Formerly Babra:

aka_tom, I was going to post the same thing, but since I don't have the game yet, thought I'd better wait and see if it wasn't in there already. Industrial tiles, cranes, warehouses, factories, docks, would be great.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah cranes and stuff like that EXACTLY !

I like the other idea posted earlier that BTS could sell us an Urban Renewal Upgrade kit or patch or collection of NEW cool tiles for the editor. Maybe hire someone new on a partime contract basis to work on it, I'm sure there are guys out there like CoolColJ (Colin) could whip off these new tiles and a mod pac of textures working WITH BTS (under contract) he could make these new tiles and BTS could sell them as a City Mod pack before CM2.

(trying to avoid the whole CoolColJ download controversy issue here)

-tom w

------------------

I believe most of this wishlist will have to be applied to CM2's release. Tiles can be modified (in texture appearance), but if you modify an open-grass tile with dead cows for example, then all of your open-grass tiles would have dead cows (as far as I know).

Most of the improvements are going to require modifications to the game and code, so a patch to address most of the wishlist items may be a bit beyond what BTS wants to do. However, BTS has said that they will attempt to retroactively upgrade previous versions of CM to the current version (so you may see CM1 with the features of CM2).

Hopefully BTS will consider expanding the number of different tiles and the possible variety of textures for them (though this would be an extreme VRAM hog).

[This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited 06-26-2000).]

Guest Offwhite

Rubble's already in the editor (the black square with a red X). As for graveyards, I agree a dedicated tile would look nice, but the Rough terrain makes a fair stand-in. smile.gif

While tinkering with the editor I had another couple ideas for new tiles

1. The big Building tile with an exit on each wall to facilitate room to room travel when adjoined

2. another building tile abit smaller than the above tile (commercial style)

3. A long single story structure and a larger one too smile.gif

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

Well, speaking for myself, I think the most overlooked tile is SAND. No way to have a good D-Day invasion without it. I sincerely hope we get sand in an upcoming patch. Sand might have very limited utility in CM2, but in CM1 it is a definate must. smile.gif

------------------

wako

"All models are wrong - some are useful.'' - George E.P. Box

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wako:

Well, speaking for myself, I think the most overlooked tile is SAND. No way to have a good D-Day invasion without it. I sincerely hope we get sand in an upcoming patch. Sand might have very limited utility in CM2, but in CM1 it is a definate must. smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And rocky / pebbled beaches. Beaches where your feet keep slipping and your boots keep sinking into these little rounded rocks about 1 inch to three inches in diameter. Two steps forward, one step back.