Total Terrain Mod planned.

OK fellas, here's the plan. Since there are many, many different terrain mods out there scattereed in large packs and in small one or two file downloads, I am thinking of collecting all of the mods I have installed and offering them all in one large download on my site which is almost ready to go on-line.

Here's some of what I use.

1) Old Dog's Subdued Velvet Grass

2) DD's Total Foliage Pack

3) Magua's building mod* (*temporarily until Panzertroupen get's all of his done.)

4) Panzertrouppen's building mod

5) Bfamily33's Brown Stone Bridge

6) Bfamily33's Real Wheat mod with a slightly toned-down fall wheat to better blend with the toned-down velvet grass.

7) Desert Fox's Hedgerow

8) Magua's Pavement

9) Kump's snow road

10) Napolean1944's Barbed Wire and Fence mod

11) Tiger's "rough" texture

and a few others that I can't seem to locate just now. wink.gif

IMHO, these look the best so far. Basically, DD's foliage pack on subdued velevet grass has given the best look so far. Hopefully DD and Panzertrouppen will get their mods finished soon.

As far as my site goes, I reworked it the other day and put everything in table-format. It's just a matter of getting all the damned zip files in the website and publishing the whole thing on that wonderful server known as Geocities. (Check my profile for my working-URL.) Unless someone else has server space they'd liked to share. wink.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

--"We want information."

--"Information."

--"Information."

--"Who are you?"

--"The new Number 2."

--"Who is Number 1?"

--"You are Number 6."

--"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

--"Hahahahahahahaha."

Anybody interested in this or will I just be wasting my time?

------------------

--"We want information."

--"Information."

--"Information."

--"Who are you?"

--"The new Number 2."

--"Who is Number 1?"

--"You are Number 6."

--"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

--"Hahahahahahahaha."

I would be thrilled if someone would do both with a high-rez and low-rez compilation. I have a fairly low-end system and have had to fall back to low-rez.

I just got done reinstalling the original bmps and reapplying only low-rez mods. When I first started adding mods I didn't worry about high vs. low because I did not notice significant slowdowns. As they were incrementally added things got slower and slower. I'm pretty much back to just gridded velvet grass and the low-rez vehicles.

I'm not suggesting that you go beyond your offer and do this, but rather floating the idea for anyone that feels motivated.

------------------

USGrant

When the game is over, the kings and pawns go in the same box. - Old Italian Saying

I would be very interested in that terrian package.

------------------

"You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"

--Dr. Strangelove--

"We are all Heroes...you and Boo and I...Rangers and hamsters rejoice!"

--Minsc, Baldur's Gate II--

OK fellas, once I get home I'll start compiling all of what I've got. I've slightly sharpened some stuff like the buildings. So I'll just pull everything out of my bmp folder the way I see it on my screen. wink.gif

Again, I think that all the mods that I have installed have produced the best overall look. With BIG DD's Foliage Packs and Subdued Velvet Grass along with several other small mods really give that overall great look. I think y'all will like my site once I get it on-line. I've used a pretty easy-to-use navigation system. Every section/page can be accessed from anywhere in the site. I've used a site-wide theme. It's not a CM related theme, but it's effective.

Guest Rex_Bellator

Great idea Max, is their any chance that your pack could be available in its component parts to save long d/ls for those of us who have some but not all of those mods you list?

To have compatable terrain mods in one site would save a lot of browsing. For example I cannot get hold of a subdued Horizon mod and have spent an age finding my other mods, d/l them and seeing if they look right. Who hasn't!

------------------

"We're not here to take it - We're here to give it"

General Morshead's response to the popular newspaper headline "Tobruk Can Take It"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Great idea Max, is their any chance that your pack could be available in its component parts to save long d/ls for those of us who have some but not all of those mods you list?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that is basically the plan. I'll probably have the trees and bases in one pack, the grass in another, buildings in another, and other stuff in another.

OK, just did a little modding to the roads. Bumped up the contrast on them a bit to darken them up to better go with the subdued velvet grass. The subdued velevet grass looks a lot brighter now with darker roads. Besides by doing this, the detail in the roads come out better.

Zipped the roads, including Gary Kump's tracked-snow roads, in at 721K.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Here's some of what I use.

1) Old Dog's Subdued Velvet Grass

GOT IT!

2) DD's Total Foliage Pack

3) Magua's building mod* (*temporarily until

Panzertroupen get's all of his done.)

GOT & GONNA KEEP MIX OF BOTH!

4) Panzertrouppen's building mod

GOT & GONNA KEEP MIX OF BOTH!

5) Bfamily33's Brown Stone Bridge

6) Bfamily33's Real Wheat mod with a slightly toned-down fall wheat to better blend with the toned-down velvet grass.

GOT IT!

7) Desert Fox's Hedgerow

8) Magua's Pavement

9) Kump's snow road

GOT IT!

10) Napolean1944's Barbed Wire and Fence mod

11) Tiger's "rough" texture

GOT IT!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

6 out of 11 match...you's got good taste!

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show