I have been playing tons of random maps and have yet to see any bridges.

I think it would be great to have a "water"

option in the quick battle maps.

That way you could have bridges, which would add a whole to strategic element to the game.

Just a thought for future game or x-pack. smile.gif

------------------

-kill 'em all and let God sort them out-

Grebeard,

I too enjoy bridge scenarios. I came up with one and am in the final stages of revision. If you're interested in giving it a run I'd be happy to send it to you. My email is on my profile.

Out here...

------------------

When the situation is obscure....attack!

CGen. Heinz Guderian

Greybeard

I have just play tested a new map

I created called Bridges at Little Creek.

Played it 4 times ( twice as the germans and

twice as the Americans and have only managed

a draw each time )

It deals with 3 bridges, one being a railway

bridge.

If interested in playing it, email is on my profile and if you want to play a PBEM game

using this map just let me know.

Deadline

------------------

"My honor is Life both grow as one, take honor

from me and my life is done."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greybeard 101st:

Thanks all I will get your "bridge" missions soon, wish I was smart rnough to make my own missions. smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The mission editor is sooooo easy to use. It's like a basic paint program. Try it out! It takes me between 1-3 hours to make a map and more time to fiddle with the force makeup and writing the mission briefings.

I have been playing tons of random maps and have yet to see any bridges.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it were to be better implemented I would appreicate it if there was a way to cross under those lovely arches when crossing perpendicularly from left to right and vice versa, instead of walking around the long way...

Missions with bridges?

I made one too. Best played as the British or two player. Goes like this:

Germans trying to take a retake a important road juncture along with a bridge and a hill with a church. In the village some british paratroopers are defending while waiting for major reinforcements. Can the Germans wipeout the paratroopers and take the tactictly very importent hill and bridge in time? [scary music] or will it all be in vain and they'll be slaughtered by the reinforcement? [stop music]

If you want to try it, email me at:

tangen76@hotmail.com

André

[This message has been edited by Andre76 (edited 08-10-2000).]

Disaster, started your bridge map cochon last night, excellant work.

Have you submitted it to the 3rd party scenerios section at TGN Mission HQ?

To the rest of you with bridge missions, I for sure will get ahold of you for yours.

This game is unbelieveable, I get so tense after issuing orders and waiting for the 60 second play back, sometimes the longest 60 seconds there is.

What a blast. smile.gif

------------------

-kill 'em all and let God sort them out-

cward wrote:

> I would appreicate it if there was a way to cross under those lovely arches when crossing perpendicularly

The game doesn't model this perfectly, but it is possible. Basically, you can't move under a viaduct, but you can move through it. Put a waypoint on the other side, and your units should go underneath.

It's just a 2D-3D thing. The CM engine isn't true 3D - technically it's extruded 2D, so it doesn't handle under-over situations like viaducts very well.

David

Disaster, started your bridge map cochon last night, excellant work.

Have you submitted it to the 3rd party scenerios section at TGN Mission HQ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I did and thanks for the compliment. It was the first one I made. Tonight I should be able to upload two more scenarios I have been working on. I'm trying to improve the 'setup' phase of my maps to give players more breathing room at the beginning.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

This game is unbelieveable, I get so tense after issuing orders and waiting for the 60 second play back, sometimes the longest 60 seconds there is.

What a blast. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't believe the number of times I curse at the screen wishing the little guy could hear my warning. No no! It's a Tiger!

------------------

----

To download my scenarios: go to

http://www3.telus.net/pop_n_fresh/combatmiss/index.htm

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Disaster@work:

I can't believe the number of times I curse at the screen wishing the little guy could hear my warning.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I'm pretty glad they CAN'T hear - when you consider the abuse I've heaped on heavily armed men....