Out of the Dust III - Official tread

slysniper,

Regarding Kingfish, you should try fighting him! He used to be my Forever War opponent, and I have the virtual scars to prove it.

Regards,

John Kettler

I did playtest two battles with him years ago.

The one battle I designed and I wanted to see how my defence could hold, but not really a fair fight since I knew exactly what I had to defend against.

The second one we playtested a battle of his, I attacked in the battle, from what I remember from viewing the end map, it was as if I had radar as to his unit locations.

I sweep both ends of the bridge with as wide of flanking moves as the map would give me. He had no units on either route. No, I forgot, maybe a platoon or so at that most on one end.

Anyway once I had the ends, it gave me a great fire lane along the complete path of the objective.

To say the least, He did not like or want to play anymore with me, I personnally could understand his thoughts.

But there is plenty of guys that know I am human and can play as bad as anyone else.

Just ask Crow or McCobbler, both of them have given me *ss kickin's.

Bert has had a hard time giving me a good whoopin, but I am sure he will at some point.

Wittman is a new player for me. But he is smacking me around right now in a battle and I am very impressed with his play. He plays tactically very smart.

So watch out, though his score does not reflect it yet. He could be a challenge.

Of course, his problem might be he only knows how to play with German Super Tanks. He would not be the first.

[ June 05, 2008, 05:09 AM: Message edited by: slysniper ]

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sly,

Your comment has me thinking you are confusing me with someone else. I don't remember ever coming away from our playtest with a dislike of you or your playing style. We tested two of yours - Norrey and the one set in the Ardennes (Snow, steep hills and a Kingtiger is all I remember). I gave some feedback and that was it.

I also know that none of the scenarios I designed for the first tournament had any bridges. Last Road out and Panzers in the Peel were my creations, IIRC.

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding? I certainly don't want any negative feelings floating around.

We tested two of yours - Norrey and the one set in the Ardennes (Snow, steep hills and a Kingtiger is all I remember). I gave some feedback and that was it.

Forgot that we played the other one also for the Tournament, you are correct.

I also know that none of the scenarios I designed for the first tournament had any bridges. Last Road out and Panzers in the Peel were my creations, IIRC.
It was not a scenario for the tournament. It was in france, A town with a huge railroad bridge through town, I recall you had a photo of it also, We play tested it before you released it. A interesting Historical one

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding? I certainly don't want any negative feelings floating around.
Oh, None there. I normally am accepting of all sorts of things, it is hard to know what others are thinking and I misjudge people plenty. I appreciate all your efforts and help. All I meant by the comments was You and I didnt really hit it off as to wanting to battle each other. Nothing more than that.

Normally, I do not lose a opponant unless they get discouraged or we get bored with each others play.

[ June 05, 2008, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: slysniper ]

How's everbody doing?

my games are progressing well - I might get some decent points!

All seems ok here. My games are progressing at a steady pace. Almost finished one map against Redbear, and about 1/3 of the way through the other two. Enjoying all 3 maps.

Good to hear you might get some points. I'm still dissappointed you didn't get a chance to extract some revenge on me :D:D

Originally posted by dinga44:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

How's everbody doing?

my games are progressing well - I might get some decent points!

All seems ok here. My games are progressing at a steady pace. Almost finished one map against Redbear, and about 1/3 of the way through the other two. Enjoying all 3 maps.

Good to hear you might get some points. I'm still dissappointed you didn't get a chance to extract some revenge on me :D:D </font>

• 3 weeks later...

My games are progressing well.

Mikado is off on two week holiday. Game play suspended but our game is the farthest along out of the three.

Shellshock and I are not far behind despite him not getting started for about a week or so behind the other games.

The game with mntneer is going the slowest. We are going at an o.k. pace.

Finished one (Neil, we were the first to finish a game, so we've won something this round !), 2/3 against Dinga (don't like that man, he is way to good)

About halfway against Keith who is often up and away.

BTW, will be gone on holiday from the 19th of July until app. the 9th of August. So, don't expect any turns in that period.

Heh, thanks Bert...I take that as a compliment. I think that map suits my playing style AND I've been VERY lucky. A couple of different results and that game would be totally different right now!!

My game against Redbear is well advanced but I haven't heard from him for quite some time. However he did email me about two weeks ago to let me know he was away from his internet. Our game is at turn 31 (of 35) so I'm happy to wait. Hopefully he can get back in time.

My game against McCobbler is progressing steadily in what is turning into a torrid match.

And Neil...yep, interested in a game when the tourney finishes

• 3 weeks later...