USMC Mini Campaign Operation al Fajr

This a USMC  mini campaign designed for the latest version of CMSF 2 and the Marine module. It is semi-historically based on the Second Battle of Fallujah in 2004 and follows the 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines and supporting units through four battles in the Jolan District of Fallujah against the insurgency based there. Due the game date being 2008 the weapon load outs may not be historical but I tried to keep it as realistic as possible.

The maps for each battle are cut from a master map I made of the Jolan District (see the thread about this map). It is not to exact scale due to game and system limitations but it gives a good representation of the Jolan District with actual places with in the district.

Campaign Notes:

There are four battles:

1. New Dawn

2. Fubar

3. Facing the Fanatics

4. Get Some

I have included the mods in the download that I used for the campaign and all credit goes to the authors of these mods. I also included actual background information in the opening designer notes about the events that led up to the battle to help set the stage.

The Core Units:

3rd Bn 5th Marines

Lima Company

Kilo Company

India Company

Weapons Company

Recon Platoon

Light Armored Recon Platoon

Scout/Sniper Platoon

Howitzer Battery

Supply Platoon

Support Units

Charlie Company 2nd Tank Battalion

I MEF Engineer Group

Task Force 2-7 ( US Army Mechanized Calvary )

Various air assets

Special Notes:

This campaign depicts heavy urban combat and may not appeal to many players. It requires patience and careful planning and orders to be successful. There is a fairly high refit/replenishment factor to help between missions. In the real battle the U.S suffered around 95 casualties. Do not expect to try and maintain this ratio, you will be frustrated. You will take losses depending on your skill level. I spent a good bit of time placing the insurgent defenders to have interlacing lanes of fire to support each other with a fairly sophisticated AI. There are mines and IEDs (use the engineers wisely). You have the firepower advantage so use your armor and support assets effectively to support the Marines.There are a lot of moving pieces to watch as the battles are medium to large in a tight urban environment.

However if you accept it for what it is it will be a fun challenge. I had a blast testing the missions, even when I was losing my Marines.

The download includes the .cam file, the mod folder, the individual scenarios to play without the campaign format and the master map. The map is clean and has a fair amount of flavor objects though I wanted to add a lot more but CPU limits would probably be tasked. I recommend using the included mods with the map for the immersion.. You are free to use it to create your own scenarios, just please give me a little credit when you do.

Here is the link. let me know if you come across any issues: 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/mvmb5grjat8s8ba1gxjpn/h?rlkey=i9k4oo4fcypxyal05drv77qre&dl=0

2 hours ago, Falcon_the_Slut said:

I've been playing for real life time about an hour. Game minutes that have past - two. This **** is stressful. It's only been two minutes. I've probably already made mistakes.  ****.

It does take patience. The first battle is big with a lot of moving parts. I tried to keep it at least semi historical as the opening fight for Fallujah was huge. It scales down some until the last fight as the campaign progresses. Thanks for giving it a shot.

I restarted twice before getting to the railway burm. I wasn't sure about so replayability so I didn't want to get too far if things were not the way I wanted.   I've never had much luck with engineers and mines. Seems like the only way I ever find mines is the way the enemy intended....

I like it so far. Thanks again.

16 hours ago, Falcon_the_Slut said:

I restarted twice before getting to the railway burm. I wasn't sure about so replayability so I didn't want to get too far if things were not the way I wanted.   I've never had much luck with engineers and mines. Seems like the only way I ever find mines is the way the enemy intended....

I like it so far. Thanks again.

Thanks for playing. Just use good tactics while advancing. The mines are not heavy, just scattered, but just clear you some lanes them move the vehicles forward.

33 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Unless things have changed, Engineers can only detect mines, and if they sit on them long enuff can "mark" them to make them a little safer to move through (slowly).  But, the mines are never "cleared".

Yes I believe you are correct Erwin