The Truth About AI Victories

It CAN Happen Here: Why the AI Cheats in Combat Mission

(Scene: A Weasel, hull-down in the azaleas outside a suburban home. A 1m dish is telescoped up on a mast, pointed directly toward the house. Cut to interior of Weasel: Steve and Charles, 3-day stubble of beard growth, beer cans and fast-food wrappers everywhere, wearing headphones, focused intently on Mac screens. An MP44 hangs on the wall.)

Steve: Wait, I think I've got something.

Charles: Yeah, he's booting it up now…

Steve: Lookit! Chance Encounter versus the AI! This is gonna be great.

Charles: It is SO gonna kick his butt!

(Charles types furiously)

Charles: OK, I got all his unit locations and I put an extra 250mm of frontal on the Shermans.

Steve (evil grin): What about that 90 off the Pershing?

(Charles types furiously)

(Muffled, overheard from headphones): Boom-CLANG!

(Muffled Voice): S**t!

Charles (thumbs up): Yes!

(Muffled Voice): Awwww, CRAP!!! No way!

Steve (thumbs up): JA!

(Muffled Voice): G*****M IT!!! No WAY am I gonna buy this piece of crap! There is NO WAY those units were spotted! I'm gonna tell all my friends not to buy it, either!

Steve and Charles, in unison: Ex-cell-ENT! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

(They high-five, crack fresh beers, and toast one another. Sound of Weasel engine starting. Cut to external shot of Weasel with retracting antenna dish, trailing azaleas, turning onto suburban street).

Steve (voice over): Hey, a guy in Missouri just downloaded the Gold Demo!

(Weasel rolls up to Stop sign with turn signal on).

(Fade).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Formerly Babra:

That's some scary damn imagery... biggrin.gif

(Damn, damn you...)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Laughing, laughing...I am in fact, laughing quite a bit here. smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

I don't wish to be a wet blanket, but it would be nice to see fewer posts with "V1.04...Bug" in the header.

There are things which occasionally defy immediate comprehension, and possibly even a bug here or there, but the first impression given to a new visitor (and prospective customer) is that there are bugs all over the place.

Glitches and bugs should definitely be discussed, but "the first impression is a lasting one" and this is the most bug-free game I own. Maybe these things should be posted on one of the other CM fora?

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

I don't wish to be a wet blanket, but it would be nice to see fewer posts with "V1.04...Bug" in the header.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hear hear Mark IV.

------------------

Andreas