Bren Carriers (Again)

I've written a few posts about them previously but I'm back again. Still playing the huge My Honor is My Loyalty scenario as the British again. This time I'm using the scenario editor to try a few things. Good heavens! How many Bren carriers did the British build during WWII? I mean to fully load up a British infantry company requires 36 Bren carriers! British squads have to be split, where the game engine divides them up into three parts, each of which has to fit on just one Bren carrier. Seems a bit ridiculous. Am I missing something here?

1 hour ago, PEB14 said:

They used lorries and trucks (is there a difference???)

That's probably the answer here as far as moving British troops around.

For me lorry and truck are interchangeable, but in WW2 truck may have been more common parlance? 

In modern usage we don't talk about trucks on the road, only lorries.  And there are too many of them, but for undeniable reasons 😉.

15 hours ago, Vacillator said:

That's probably the answer here as far as moving British troops around.

For me lorry and truck are interchangeable, but in WW2 truck may have been more common parlance? 

In modern usage we don't talk about trucks on the road, only lorries.  And there are too many of them, but for undeniable reasons 😉.

So you mean lorry is modern English while truck is older language?

Isn't it that "lorry" would be UK English while "truck" would be American English?