Loading British Infantry

Playing "My Honor My Loyalty" as the British. So I'm in the setup phase and I start to direct the numerous British infantry 'sections' to load up on the numerous Sherman tanks. No can do. How about all of those Bren carriers? No can do. Am I missing something here? This is supposed to be a huge tank/mechanized meeting engagement. 

Nope...You are not allowed to have 'Tank Riders' (can't mount troops on tanks) in CMBN or CMFI...However, in CMRT & CMFB (maybe Modern titles) you can mount.

You should still be able to mount your Infantry in Bren Carriers, but beware of how many troops can be seated...You may need to break-down your Squad in order to fit them into those Carriers.

Years ago, Battlefront was thinking of having 'Tank Riders' in CMBN & CMFI, but the effort to put them in wasn't there.

Edited by JoMac

When you click on any vehicle, whether it be a carrier, jeep or truck, look at the picture in the middle of the UI. You will see a series of circles, green circles = occupied seats, and grey circles = empty seats.

Also, keep in mind that in this particular battle not all of your Limey carriers are "Bren Carriers". You also have Lyods, which you should use for hauling your AT Guns around.

16 hours ago, kb6583 said:

So I'm in the setup phase and I start to direct the numerous British infantry 'sections' to load up on the numerous Sherman tanks

Just a comment.  In the other games where tank riding is allowed, if the tank and the (suitably sized) rider unit are in the same setup zone, moving the unit to the tank will immediately show them jumping aboard, no need to wait for the first turn.  That's if you have setup zones with both the tank and riders present.

Probably the words 'granny' and 'suck eggs' come to mind 😉.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 8:56 AM, Warts 'n' all said:

When you click on any vehicle, whether it be a carrier, jeep or truck, look at the picture in the middle of the UI. You will see a series of circles, green circles = occupied seats, and grey circles = empty seats.

Also, keep in mind that in this particular battle not all of your Limey carriers are "Bren Carriers". You also have Lyods, which you should use for hauling your AT Guns around.

Is there an official reason why universal/bren carriers can not tow AT guns around? 

Wasn't that one of their key roles? 

At least they should be able to carry the trusty lightweight 6pounder, wouldnt they ? 

I've seen pictures where they did just that and they also did it in the old Cmx1 titles if I remember correctly... 

6 hours ago, Brille said:

Is there an official reason why universal/bren carriers can not tow AT guns around? 

Wasn't that one of their key roles? 

At least they should be able to carry the trusty lightweight 6pounder, wouldnt they ? 

I've seen pictures where they did just that and they also did it in the old Cmx1 titles if I remember correctly... 

According to the wiki page, Universal carrier were only to tow 6-pdr in emergency situations. The standard towing tractor for the 6-pdr is the Loyd Carrier.