FLAK36 winter mod?

2 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

My bust.

What type winter 88 would you like? Describe it or show phots

Camouflaged German 88-mm gun | by Net-Maquettes | German Artillery ...

8,8cm Flak36 - unidentified unit, Stalingrad 1942 — AndysHHQ

I wasn't asking/demanding for you or anyone else to make one, Phil. I was refering to the ones Gary R Lucas mentioned and are already made, if I understand him correctly. 

6 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I wasn't asking/demanding for you or anyone else to make one, Phil. I was refering to the ones Gary R Lucas mentioned and are already made, if I understand him correctly. 

no worry. I understood you were not ordering a pizza! :D Sometimes people make a mod just for their own use. 

But I am curious what look you are hoping for? Since you are not so in love with the stock one that ships with CMFB and CMRT F&R...

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

no worry. I understood you were not ordering a pizza! :D Sometimes people make a mod just for their own use. 

But I am curious what look you are hoping for? Since you are not so in love with the stock one that ships with CMFB and CMRT F&R...

I would be very happy with that checkered mod. It looks absolutely gorgeous. Beggars can't be chosers, but if I am allowed to say it, it would be that one.

Edited by Aragorn2002

1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I would be very happy with that checkered mod. It looks absolutely gorgeous. Beggars can't be chosers, but if I am allowed to say it, it would be that one.

I will put it on my to do list and give it a try. 

Here is a thread from TEN years ago when I first jumped in the deep end and tried to swim,

Here is what I first did...

94HqCRP.png

In progress but needs a couple more sessions! I am NOT saying it looks like that other one but squint and have a couple beers and it is near dead on!

I am not @laurent 22 with my Wacom...

Itlcy1B.png

ok, a bit more of figuring out where stuff is on the bmp file. Make it THREE beers and she is a winner.

Just one more session, like that lady down at the liposuction center, and she will be perfect.

I gotta line up those side panel lines and add the letter D to that one square section below the barrel.

E1Vza9H.png

Edited by kohlenklau

Ok, here it is. Done. Take it or leave it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8edea1p76qpffa7/AAAyYDDThJX_1VLEyfh5-5uGa?dl=0

The dropbox link includes free of charge:

[whitewash] [snow whitewash] [snow] tagged versions

the image that inspired it

AND

the GiMP file so you can have fun messing with it - if you have GiMP.

I am gone in a few months for good from CM. Just my plan for better health and other things. So consider this a little humble gift to my buddies. Delete it after I go!

hpVJB6w.png

S761MCm.png

3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

It looks perfect! 

You DID have 3 beers! Thank you :D

I actually already went back and improved(?) it some based on taking a look at @laurent 22 whitewash stuff. I didn't have enough actual bright white. Mine was just showing gray. So I added some white I grabbed with an eye dropper. I ALSO tried to go up to 300 dpi but I must have screwed that up. Laurent said he does that and obviously he is on the ball and knows his stuff. Here is "Gun D"...

Maybe before I retire, Laurent works with my old slow brain and I finally get it right after 10 damn years!!

evreU9a.png

3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

leaving CM

Think of it as "retirement from CM content creation". I am not trying to get too dramatic. Some of it is based off BFC's clear plan not to devote a damn crumb of effort toward early WW2. But also the health aspect. I was away for 5 years from CM 2016-2021 - or so - and really got into great shape. I think I could use another departure! 

Edited by kohlenklau

9 minutes ago, laurent 22 said:

I go up to 300 dpi but when I finish the texture I go back to 72.

Here is what I saw!

Ανεβαίνω στα 300 dpi αλλά όταν τελειώσω την υφή επιστρέφω στα 72. :D

haha, but not joking, I must have not tried soon enough to go to 300 dpi. I did it as an afterthought and my image looks blurry and not crisp.

Edited by kohlenklau

4 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

You DID have 3 beers! Thank you :D

I actually already went back and improved(?) it some based on taking a look at @laurent 22 whitewash stuff. I didn't have enough actual bright white. Mine was just showing gray. So I added some white I grabbed with an eye dropper. I ALSO tried to go up to 300 dpi but I must have screwed that up. Laurent said he does that and obviously he is on the ball and knows his stuff. Here is "Gun D"...

Maybe before I retire, Laurent works with my old slow brain and I finally get it right after 10 damn years!!

Think of it as "retirement from CM content creation". I am not trying to get too dramatic. Some of it is based off BFC's clear plan not to devote a damn crumb of effort toward early WW2. But also the health aspect. I was away for 5 years from CM 2016-2021 - or so - and really got into great shape. I think I could use another departure! 

I must say that you are one of those people I always feel guilty towards knowing my own limits in skill and energy, Phil. Ever since you helped me with making a map for one of my scenarios I admire your energy and dedication. Never appreciated enough and always in service of the community you're one of those few people who make a good game even better. CM should have hired you a long time ago. Whether you decide to go or stay, I will always be grateful for your wonderful work for us. That's how I feel about it.

1 minute ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Ever since you helped me with making a map

Thanks Jacob. I do remember! We had to modtag [autumn] to make it look right. It has been a blast to delve deeply into this hobby and I have met a lot of great people. Some folks I am sure I rubbed the wrong way. I think I have rubbed BFC the wrong way too. Oh well. 

Looking back at CMAK and the other CMX1 stuff, I wonder if the hobby has dwindled or expanded up to this point? BFC is always tight-lipped on sales numbers. But maybe with STEAM, this will all get a new vitality, a new influx of modders...? In a few years I might have to poke my head into the forum under a new account to see what is happening....

best wishes to you. I am not gone yet but time zips by...

~Phil