FLAK36 winter mod?

I have been holding off to reply. I TRY to fight the urge to always open my big mouth in the forum. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, all along, CMRT F&R ALREADY HAS a snow camo Flak36.

The same damn file as they shipped with CMFB.

We've paid for some of the same stuff 3 or 4 times. But I digress...

`````````````````

It is tagged [whitewash]. I forget but I think that is connected to a certain date range in your scenario settings.

It doesn't have a [snow] tag. You can change it yourself and have more flexibility.

[snow] tags seem to be for file images that have wheels that show snow in the treads.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gu13tbevpahjmf/flak36 [whitewash].bmp?dl=0

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

I have been holding off to reply. I TRY to fight the urge to always open my big mouth in the forum. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, all along, CMRT F&R ALREADY HAS a snow camo Flak36.

The same damn file as they shipped with CMFB.

We've paid for some of the same stuff 3 or 4 times. But I digress...

When it comes to CMFB, you can count on an armless guy's fingers the vehicles and weapons that you haven't already paid for if you own the three other WW2 games... 😉

End of digression.

Sorry, I just read the messages. I'm still working on British vehicles and armour, I still have to finish the Fox and the M9 Halftracks, but I think it's going to be copy-pasting with textures already done for similar vehicles. Then I'll give the package to Bootie.

After I will redo some Russian tanks such as the SU 85, its white camouflage is very sparkling on my screen.

If you have a specific request don't hesitate, but as a priority I work on vehicles that don't have a snow texture at all.

@laurent 22

A few questions if you don't mind!

What program(s) do you use?

How many layers do you typically add?

Do you apply a layer texture above the base image and then work in that new layer's layer mask with white and black?

How long does it take to do 1 vehicle?

How long have you been doing this?

Merci

Edited by kohlenklau

So for @kohlenklau, my cooking secrets since May last year are: in 10 min with 1 or 2 layers in photoshop, by playing with the color replacement tool I obtain the vehicle in white, then I erase on this new layer the areas without camouflage. I pass the resolution from 72 to 300 dpi, but not always, for example to go quickly I worked on the Sherman Crab in 72 dpi. I paint snow, and sometimes a bit of rust, with Krita's brushes on one or 2 layers, which can take the day spread over the week. Painting snow relaxes me, and on Aris' excellent mods it's a real pleasure (on a Wacom graphics tablet). To identify the surfaces of the 3D model on the 2D bmp file, in 1 hour I paint it with numbers or geometric shapes then I take screenshots of the vehicle. You will recognize in my works the influences, and not the plagiarism, of Bruegel the Elder and Monet. I don't paint snow, I am snow, Jon Snow.

24 minutes ago, laurent 22 said:

So for @kohlenklau, my cooking secrets since May last year are: in 10 min with 1 or 2 layers in photoshop, by playing with the color replacement tool I obtain the vehicle in white, then I erase on this new layer the areas without camouflage. I pass the resolution from 72 to 300 dpi, but not always, for example to go quickly I worked on the Sherman Crab in 72 dpi. I paint snow, and sometimes a bit of rust, with Krita's brushes on one or 2 layers, which can take the day spread over the week. Painting snow relaxes me, and on Aris' excellent mods it's a real pleasure (on a Wacom graphics tablet). To identify the surfaces of the 3D model on the 2D bmp file, in 1 hour I paint it with numbers or geometric shapes then I take screenshots of the vehicle. You will recognize in my works the influences, and not the plagiarism, of Bruegel the Elder and Monet. I don't paint snow, I am snow, Jon Snow.

You are awesome! Maybe you can have a symposium in Paris. $1000 per attendee with your instruction and then wine and cheese and then we all go to the caberet. CABARET! mon pardon

Wacom Graphics Tablet!!! ooo lala - now I want from Père Noël 

Wacom Cintiq 16 Drawing Tablet with Full HD 15.4-Inch Display Screen, 8192 Pressure Sensitive Pro Pen 2 Tilt Recognition, Compatible with Mac OS Windows and All Pens

Edited by kohlenklau

6 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

You are awesome! Maybe you can have a symposium in Paris. $1000 per attendee with your instruction and then wine and cheese and then we all go to the caberet. CABARET! mon pardon

Wacom Graphics Tablet!!! ooo lala - now I want from Père Noël

Is it a secondary effect of the France 40 mod? It looks like kohlenklau is writing in French…

Did the Finnish and Hungarian mods (gulash?) had the same effects on you?

5 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

Did the Finnish and Hungarian mods (gulash?) had the same effects on you?

hahaha, yes, Pierre, I try to enjoy the immersion. I read some books and study the area. A good learning opportunity. I admit that my knowledge of the 1940 French campaign is lacking. I would love to fly over and get some guided tours from various forum buddies. In particular I want to go see Voncq. I already started a basic Voncq map and my brain sees a short France 1940 Mod campaign I could write.

8 hours ago, Vacillator said:

And if not we could start at the Tank Museum (Bovington UK, my favourite museum in the world), and then Duxford if you like a bit of aerial activity.

I went there when I was around 14 years old. That's a long time ago… But great souvenir!

10 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

hahaha, yes, Pierre, I try to enjoy the immersion.

Hopefully you didn"t develop some Waffen SS mode… 😆

10 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

I would love to fly over and get some guided tours from various forum buddies. In particular I want to go see Voncq. I already started a basic Voncq map and my brain sees a short France 1940 Mod campaign I could write.

I'm ashamed to confess that, in spite of all my readings, I never heard of the Voncq battle. I had a quick look on a battle account found of the web (first hand account by a French officer), and I discovered that it was one the few battles in which FCM-36 tanks were engaged!

Well Phil, now you have to model a FCM-36 for your France 40 mod… 😇