Been a While Guys

On 3/25/2023 at 1:08 AM, Livdoc44 said:

Oh, can't wait for multiplayer and new armor (T-62, Leo 1, etc.). Certainly does; small team, they have a grip on what they're doing...it's awesome so far. Plus, all the stuff - fire and maneuver, using terrain, spotting, smoke, the list goes on - I've learned from playing CM over the years is instantly applicable to their environment. Good call!

YO DID U SEE THE NEW UPDATE?

36 minutes ago, Sublime said:

wait, wtf Sgt Square is.. are you serious? 

Bro.. this is hard to even keep typing Im like... in shock now... ****.   But dude, you and I never interacted a ton, but your posts, your content, I have been on these boards since I was 14 in 1999.  I dont remember exactly when I first remember u but you been around as long I think.  However you have been key to this community.   Half these people here, they dont even know that CMBB or BO existed. LOL.  And you were in your prime back in the BB days....

Still, how you carry yourself, all of  that, I really do  have a lot of respect for you.  Ive had bad days where I posted dumb **** because I was.. well I was f'd up lol, or I said dumb things, I cant think of you ever doing so.  This is a sign of a measured, thoughtful man.  Something I wish I was more of.

Dude please take care of yourself. Like holy hell did Squarehead get KIA?

Nah, I'm quite fine. I'll be back once I have more time, and something worth sharing.

...Here's the D/L on Sgt H2.  As Steve says, when a community lasts 20+ years, a few of us oldsters are bound to drop off along the way. In the way of nature. Enjoy the journey.

6 minutes ago, LongLeftFlank said:

Nah, I'm quite fine. I'll be back once I have more time, and something worth sharing.

...Here's the D/L on Sgt H2.  As Steve says, when a community lasts 20+ years, a few of us oldsters are bound to drop off along the way. In the way of nature. Enjoy the journey.

Yea I get it, and I mean Ive lost quite a few IRL friends in the last 20 years anyway. Its literally the most natural thing in the world, death.  But it still hurt to hear.  And itd probably have taken him several minutes to even remember who I was.

Edited by Sublime

Sublime!!!   My man!  It's me, Sgt Schultz. Just got back in the community.  Getting a new comp soon, and will have to purchase the game again due to lost hard drive and non-functional old email address.

So far the only old scenario of mine that I have found is H2H Valley of the Shadow.  Once I get everything settled in will be sending you a setup file. 😈

If you have any of my old maps or scenarios let me know. 2015 was a long time ago, but this old man is looking forward to calling in mortar fire on your pixeltruppen.  😂

Hit me up on email so we can catch up. 

May your artillery never fall short.

Schultzy 

On 4/2/2023 at 8:00 AM, LongLeftFlank said:

Ha ha, that would make you pretty much the only one at this point, now that our dear SgtSquarehead has ascended to ValhallaCon. I'm out of here for the duration, mostly work, but also the general tone of late feels like 8th grade. I don't need that crap at 59. Be well mate, hold the course!

While we all have our flaws I too have good memories about your contributions on here.
Among other things you once recommended Crashed by Adam Tooze, which is a great source of info (both the book and him)  although often very deeeeeppp econometrics. I mostly liked his geopolitical analysis combining economic, military/defense and political aspects into a single view. 
Times of crisis brings forth more heated and or emotional debates and discussions (and ego management plays it's part, which is also not a constant among people), we all react differently to those times and the emotions brought forth in discussions. I don't think Sublime is the only one here respecting you as a person and a contributor to various topics and CMx2 content.

Edited by Lethaface

On 4/4/2023 at 12:18 AM, Sargeant Schultz said:

Sublime!!!   My man!  It's me, Sgt Schultz. Just got back in the community.  Getting a new comp soon, and will have to purchase the game again due to lost hard drive and non-functional old email address.

I'd open a helpdesk ticket to see what they can do.

On 4/4/2023 at 12:18 AM, Sargeant Schultz said: Getting a new comp soon, and will have to purchase the game again due to lost hard drive and non-functional old email address.

Hm, that should not be necessary. I would be surprised, if BFC would not be able and willing to give you access to your account and purchased game serial numbers. Ever considered to ask @BFCElvis ?

On 4/2/2023 at 2:00 AM, LongLeftFlank said:

Ha ha, that would make you pretty much the only one at this point, now that our dear SgtSquarehead has ascended to ValhallaCon. I'm out of here for the duration, mostly work, but also the general tone of late feels like 8th grade. I don't need that crap at 59. Be well mate, hold the course!

Hey LLF.   Schultzy here.   AKA Sgt Schultz back in the day.  I remember you.  Good to see old names.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 6:18 PM, Sargeant Schultz said:

So far the only old scenario of mine that I have found is H2H Valley of the Shadow.  Once I get everything settled in will be sending you a setup file. 😈

If you have any of my old maps or scenarios let me know. 2015 was a long time ago, but this old man is looking forward to calling in mortar fire on your pixeltruppen.  😂

Hit me up on email so we can catch up. 

May your artillery never fall short.

Schultzy 

Ayyyyy

Pm me for my cell and email and may the wind always be at your back, especially when u piss

On 4/5/2023 at 2:12 PM, Lethaface said:

Alive and kicking quite active on the forum and coproduced CMCW 

I know he did with CMCW

I cant reach him, its w.e its not like I know him for real we just talked before he was a bigshot ;)

if you talk to him said Im still alive and Im pretty sure him and the closed discord owe me some money because Im still alive LOL

• 2 months later...
On 3/29/2023 at 12:23 PM, Sublime said:

The awesome thing is I got to talk to the devs on the discord latenight one night and almost noone was there.  I mean most of this is known anyways but I confirmed some stuff

Crew will be modelled, not interiors.  The T80 will appear. ERA is iffy, prolly not, Other theaters are planned.  Infantry is definite, the level is unsure.  Air support is obviously planned.  They wouldnt divulge anything about when my beloved (the t64) let alone the hammerhead, leo 1 and bmp2 (thats gonna be a big deal) will arrive.   Same story with when soviet and german voices will come, the voice acting for the US is *amazing* so Im pumped

The campaign is going to blow your mind.  They got BIGGG Plans, logistics, lots of maps, battle types like now PACT attacks use nato formations numbers wise. If you play 'silver dart' you see a more realistic scenario - 2 m1s vs like 16 t72s and a couple atgms.   in the futre PACT attacks will reflect the different doctrine and numbers.

smoke dischargers are 100% gonna be in game

you know you can play the t34 right? you gotta (and u can win) take losses as e germany but dont lose. take A LOT of losses but dont lose. the campaign u can lose battlles.  theres a CHANCE if yourun low enuff on vehicles that you will be issued T34s.  ive seen proof but hasnt happened yet

if you olay the original training range (without preview vehicles) and make sure to shoot every target on thr range theres an easter egg

Uh what else.... MP is gonna be mind blowing.  I mean I paid for the steam version but I was playing this for 6 months for 5 bucks man. The team, their live streams their demeanor, they got the right vibe.  TBH they didnt have streams and **** in 1999, IDK what steve and co sound like, but I really get the BFC back in 1999 vibe from these guys.

Like Id put 50 bucks on this game becoming an instant classic when its released.

BTW can you believe that these clowns online were arguing to me (on tankograd) that 3bm15 was superior to m833?

Oh and apparently GHPC is  NATO propaganda. I said look its extremely EA. your literally judging a book by reading half of chapter 3 and thats it.  I also pointed out the Soviets arent even in yet. Anyways idk if theyre tankies or what but after I worked a goddamn 9 hour shift came home, saw I accidentally didnt leave the discord and some Brit fellow said 'i dont think hes here anymore' then the rest of the server dogpiled that and basically said  I was lurking and I was there and all this weird insulting ****.  Like my god, dude if u guys think Im lurking on discord bc Im mad like what kind of lives are these ppl living? who has the time for that ****?

Hey man, sorry for the late response; been busy finishing up the school year and haven't played GHPC much - or at all, actually. And much of my free time was spent reading the big thread.

Thanks for the tip about the T-34; I've got the whole summer off and am looking to put a lot of time into the game. Including using the T-34 hack you've described! And looking forward to all the other stuff you've described. I read your post a while back but didn't have time to reply. Upon re-reading, I'm pumped about the T-80! I missed you mentioning that the first time I read. There's just something about the Soviet tanks that I find so intriguing. 

I finally got to play GHPC again with the most recent updates (including one yesterday or today?) Gosh, it's an awesome game, and I like how it provides something different from CM. I like that there aren't going to be interiors. To me, this reminds me a bit of the light flight sim "Strike Fighters." I loved that series, and it helped me scratch the flight sim bug until I got older and could afford - thankfully - a better PC to run DCS and the many BMS iterations. GHPC plans just seem right.

Got smoked in a Bradley by a couple of Sagger missiles fired by Hinds in one of the new missions - "Crossroad Screen" I think it was - this evening. Could've used those smoke dischargers you mentioned!

I'm sure you saw it - heck, you might have even watched it live - but the team released another developer stream the other day. I watched a few minutes of it before I jumped into the game again. Always good when the developers start the stream by saying, "We have been busy. Very busy." I know about you mean about Battlefront vibes. Awesome.

Off to watch the rest of the steam and to try out "Silver Dart." Thanks for the tip!

Definitely interested if you've found out more/find out more in the future. I'll keep on eye on this thread.