HOW TO MAKE A BIG MOD (TEST DUMMY LOG)

kohlenklau

On 3/24/2023 at 4:40 PM, kohlenklau said:

What is happening across the channel? Any interest from forumites in Great Britain to do a [bef1940] mod? I will help and advise and put in time.

SbBaRSY.png

Nice initiative Steph @Falaise,  we will have the E and F, we will missing only the B to be complete !

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

"Santa Damian" has placed another bundle of early Christmas joy under the forum tree! @Damian45

THANK YOU (AGAIN) DAMIAN!!!

Waffen-SS in smocks

Waffen-SS in regular uniforms

Screenshots will be edited in as I sip my coffee...

EDIT: I will probably miss the 1 hour window to post them here in this post. I have to first rename them and add modtags. But I will display them this morning.

Very nice mod continuation Phill, I like really much the new skins of the German 1940, thanks @Damian45, they have the touch that I was wishing !

Looking down the line at releasing this to CMMODSIV in maybe May for the anniversary of the invasion into France?

I wanted to recommend to folks if they get into this...they might want to paste in a new install of CMFI as CMFI2. You put a new shortcut on your desktop that goes to that folder instead. It has its OWN z folder and you don't have to keep moving around mods. I even have a new icon I am using. The typical circle with French colors and "FRANCE 1940". Needs a little work.

EDIT: I now have my dedicated France 1940 install only for this mod.

I have another install fully dedicated to my other love, CMAK2 AFRIKA.

Each install is about 18GB THEN you plop in the mods and it goes to maybe 20GB+/-

Edited by kohlenklau

1 hour ago, JM Stuff said:

Very nice mod continuation Phill, I like really much the new skins of the German 1940, thanks @Damian45, they have the touch that I was wishing !

You are welcome JM, I spent a lot of time on getting the uniforms/equipment and helmets as close as the real thing! I'm very proud of what I have made so far for all to enjoy. One more surprise coming in the near future. 🙂

13 minutes ago, Damian45 said:

You are welcome JM, I spent a lot of time on getting the uniforms/equipment and helmets as close as the real thing! I'm very proud of what I have made so far for all to enjoy. One more surprise coming in the near future. 🙂

Be ready for 1914 and prepare yours spiked helmets and some red hat's for the french 😂 if this can be done for CM we will push it to 1870  we will have already spikes and hats we will need only the red trousers.

Edited by JM Stuff

6 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Be ready for 1914 and prepare yours spiked helmets and some red hat's for the french 😂 if this can be done for CM we will push it to 1870  we will have already spikes and hats we will need only the red trousers.

If only I knew how to make models in blender I would already be working on a WW1 mod, plus Franco-Prussian war yes please.

19 minutes ago, Damian45 said:

If only I knew how to make models in blender I would already be working on a WW1 mod, plus Franco-Prussian war yes please.

Just have the

mood

courage

persévérance

utility 

patience

nerves...

Just joking, check read and apply like I show you the contents of the page, have a little confiance in you and attack the "beast" to learn only how you can manage differents views and objects in the 3d environments you will have already your first satisfaction this is the first step to follow.

All the littles words in my firsts sentences are yours next steps...just almost joking 😇

You can always find help here or on the net.

Edited by JM Stuff

3 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

I listening the music but dont saw Napoleon ?? Just joking very nice intro !

PS the Tirailleur Senagalese helmet is ready !

YSwkk2g.jpg

PS2 I was watching your vid clip 

with the problems of wheels, could you fix it ? 

I have the same problems with a truck !

Edited by JM Stuff

i agree with JM
we will have to make a Napoleonic mod with the song of the onion
I would have imagined more than that

or in this

this song although it is old 1938 and in the top of my 10 favorite song
for the story during the debacle in 1940 she sing in loop on the radio
when you understand the words you understand all the irony of the situation

quelle beau casque @JM Stuff

what a wonderful mod with beautiful apple green double badge helmet @Damian45

Edited by Falaise

Good morning fans and followers of the CMFI France 1940 Mod! All 10 of you! :D

We are nearly at 8000 views. Not that we get a damn bit of BFC support if we had a million views.

I am in my "work week" so time is difficult but I have much to tell. I am really behind with screenshots to show @Damian45 's wonderful mods. He is cranking it out. Damian is a bubbling chocolate fountain of mod deliciousness. 

THANK YOU DAMIAN!!!

His big surprise HAS arrived. He modded SS Polizei 1940 style uniforms. These guys had a real hybrid uniform, kind of a mix between heer and ss. They had their own decal badge for the helmets. I am gonna post screenshots here this morning of them. Standby.

POLIZEI UNIFORMS

dbm5kOv.png

wPg7lea.png

Edited by kohlenklau

I FEEL LIKE A KID ON CHRISTMAS MORNING! 

We have a ton of cool stuff to play with. Constant improvements are being made as well. Just yesterday I finally solved an issue with a crewmember on one of my Blender mods. he had been visible below the hull and it kicked my butt how to fix it. I tried many times in Blender adjusting the x,y,z coordinates. I usually give it a good try and then back away to think it over. Well, I was doing something and had a hunch and was able to solve the issue. In my "shell" vehicle I was trying to name him gunner but in the "host" he was named loader and that was all it took to fix that. I felt great all the rest of the day.

Last night @kevinkin sent me an awesome image of a France 1940 battle from wikipedia I think.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/Battle_of_Gembloux_(15_May_1940).png

The Gembloux Gap.

I never had heard of it! It was a gorgeous and detailed battle map. You can see dozens of scenarios you coold grow from the battle map. I think I will make one! It will be semi-historic, just based on the units listed for each side. If their "arrow" hits a town, they were attacking. 3rd Panzer's, I Battalion, 3rd Schutzen-Regiment attacking from Walhain towards the main lines at Perbais. They seem to have hit a good spot between the 110th and 43rd French Regiments. It was successful and they proceeded down the N273 toward Cotril-Noirmont. Then they were hit by a French counter-attack by R35's. Then they seem to have retreated with that dashed red line. 3rd Panzer Divison had a symbol of the Brandenberg Gate as the unit was mostly from Berlin. The French seem to be the 1st Moroccan Division.

20 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I FEEL LIKE A KID ON CHRISTMAS MORNING! 

We have a ton of cool stuff to play with. Constant improvements are being made as well. Just yesterday I finally solved an issue with a crewmember on one of my Blender mods. he had been visible below the hull and it kicked my butt how to fix it. I tried many times in Blender adjusting the x,y,z coordinates. I usually give it a good try and then back away to think it over. Well, I was doing something and had a hunch and was able to solve the issue. In my "shell" vehicle I was trying to name him gunner but in the "host" he was named loader and that was all it took to fix that. I felt great all the rest of the day.

Last night @kevinkin sent me an awesome image of a France 1940 battle from wikipedia I think.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/Battle_of_Gembloux_(15_May_1940).png

The Gembloux Gap.

I never had heard of it! It was a gorgeous and detailed battle map. You can see dozens of scenarios you coold grow from the battle map. I think I will make one! It will be semi-historic, just based on the units listed for each side. If their "arrow" hits a town, they were attacking. 3rd Panzer's, I Battalion, 3rd Schutzen-Regiment attacking from Walhain towards the main lines at Perbais. They seem to have hit a good spot between the 110th and 43rd French Regiments. It was successful and they proceeded down the N273 toward Cotril-Noirmont. Then they were hit by a French counter-attack by R35's. Then they seem to have retreated with that dashed red line. 3rd Panzer Divison had a symbol of the Brandenberg Gate as the unit was mostly from Berlin. The French seem to be the 1st Moroccan Division.

Very nice map with detailled troops I wish that we could using some layer directly on the CM games to represent troops and the movements...sigh !

Is perhaps a conincidence and you will not believe me but I saw the movie before yesterday !

only is in french sorry !

Hannut Gembloux check the (clip vid by 1057 min) 

Edited by JM Stuff