WEGO turn based game Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm | Out Now

Bufo

I purchased.  I've got a multiple weeks off work in december and looking forward to some sessions on this, but until then all gaming hours will be on CMRT -- some really big battles ahead.  Too bad they don't have Flashpoint Ost Front August 1944 version that would couple nicely w the new battlepack.  

One of our forum members worked play tested this game and had input on how artillery functions.

27 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Nice! I´ve it on my wishlist, but it´s bits of pricey. Just purchased WitE Steel Inferno recently but likely could use another my anniversary coupons on it. Any Steam release date yet? Can´t see it there.

Devs said Steam release gonna happen in about 6 months.

5 hours ago, Bufo said:

Devs said Steam release gonna happen in about 6 months.

Thanks! I´ve the other FC versions in Steam already so would´ve been nice having SS in there as well. Might grab it next month at 50% maybe. From what I´ve read in latest dev blogs there´s a many good new features added to it. So just like CM and Grigsby´s stuff it´s surely worth the price. Hopefully they´ll get at WW2 anytime as well.

9 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Hopefully they´ll get at WW2 anytime as well.

Roadmap for Cold War Series:

• Our first planned DLC is Central Storm. This expansion will bring those battles from Red Storm that are part of the Central German area. These will be updated battles and maps from Red Storm and Germany Reforged, and some new scenarios to replace those moved into Northern Storm. Plus, the addition of Belgium to the national datasets.
  • Northern Storm - The new DLC will add Poland, Denmark, and the Netherlands to the game with new maps, scenarios, and campaigns. A few scenarios from Red Storm that fall into this area will be updated and added to this DLC.

On Deck (Planned but order subject to change)

• Arctic Storm – Take the war to Sweden, Finland, and Norway.
  • Mediterranean Storm – The war moves into Southern Europe, and we look at Spain, Italy, Hungary, Yugoslavia, and others.

Future Ideas

• More Cold War Eras 50s thru 70s
  • Other Conflict Zones like the Mid-East and Far-East
  • Other time periods (World Wars and Modern Conflicts)

21 minutes ago, Bufo said:

• Our first planned DLC is Central Storm. This expansion will bring those battles from Red Storm that are part of the Central German area. These will be updated battles and maps from Red Storm and Germany Reforged, and some new scenarios to replace those moved into Northern Storm. Plus, the addition of Belgium to the national datasets.
  • Northern Storm - The new DLC will add Poland, Denmark, and the Netherlands to the game with new maps, scenarios, and campaigns. A few scenarios from Red Storm that fall into this area will be updated and added to this DLC.

• Mediterranean Storm – The war moves into Southern Europe, and we look at Spain, Italy, Hungary, Yugoslavia, and others.

Future Ideas

So not unlike asking for CM Case Yellow or Barbarossa then. lol 😅 Anway... I´ll purchse SS before this years end. If I´m interested in any upcoming DLC I´ll see later.

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2022 at 1:09 PM, Bufo said:

Future Ideas

I've purchases Red Storm/Germany Reforged some time ago, but never played it, which is kind of pathetic. But I'm playing it now and it's a solid game and a good companion for CMCW. It reminds me of Command Opps 2, which I love to play. The coming DLC sound superb, so definitely something to look forward to. 

And yeah, Dan, Ostfront 1944 would be interesting too.

Edited by Aragorn2002