Potential Bug: Soviet lend-lease halftracks with thermal optics

Rinaldi

Evening. Was asked to pass this along from a Discord community where some players don't have forum accounts, so I have not independently verified. 

Images of the apparent bug below with some context.

m0tMHFo.png

0005 Hours, condition: heavy snow. Artificial brightness is on, so don't be mislead by the image. 

kYO1RW3.png

Similar conditions as to the first picture. German infantry had been engaged by the partial contact, a lend-lease HT.

KQ6aI1q.png

Perhaps the most compelling proof. Test set up by a second player; thick smoke screen in front of infantry in and around treeline at night. Engaged with effect through the smoke. 

I do imagine this has been reported before, and if so, I hope it's helpful to show the bug is still extant.

23 hours ago, IanL said:

Oops I see this has actually been marked as fixed. What version did your screen shots come from?

Sorry was letting the two sources talk over things before I came back here. As Greyfox already said, reproducible on 2.11. The screenshots I shared were on the same. 

Edited by Rinaldi

12 hours ago, Grey_Fox said:

You can repro the bug in 2.11 (needs F&R). Save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7u8cnhv68rur81d/03_smoke_and_Halftrack_Turn_6_reply.bts?dl=0

Passengers in M5 halftracks (who are on the gun) can see enemy armour through thick smoke.

Just FYI this file has the bug baked into the first turn replay. So, when the fix comes, the replay will be the same with the HTs still seeing through smoke. Once you advance to the next turn the fully spotted enemy units disappear and turn into ? icons. Your HTs cannot forget what they saw but no more seeing though the smoke :-). 

1 hour ago, IanL said:

Just FYI this file has the bug baked into the first turn replay. So, when the fix comes, the replay will be the same with the HTs still seeing through smoke. Once you advance to the next turn the fully spotted enemy units disappear and turn into ? icons. Your HTs cannot forget what they saw but no more seeing though the smoke :-). 

Glad to hear it's been confirmed.

Correct it has been fixed. Be aware that saves with the bug baked in (like the one linked above by @Grey_Fox) still show the problem during playback. Things will only be seen as fixed the next turn. Even then the ? icons will remain even though the HT should never have seen them. Going forward with new games all should be well.