Lucky_Strike's Mods presents Berlin Bodenständig Pz IVG mod for Combat Mission: Red Thunder

7 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Was ist das mein herr?

If I was in a IVG in Berlin I would need new underpants every half hour...

Hehe, take it for a spin! Edit the scenario and add a few squads of supporting grenadiers, then plop some Russian armour out of sight around the corner at the other end of the map. Let the AI do its worst! Get your stack of grundies ready!

Edited by Lucky_Strike

So dumped it all into my mod folders. @NPye Berlin mod last version I have, then followed by Pz4 mod beeing last in my z folder. Looks like this then. Guess either I´ve stuff missing or has to do with my own tweaks in Berlin mod folder. Berlin mod tag is in as well. Bits of lost overview the past weeks here. 🙄

8iT3ozW.jpg

Added few russki T34/85 as AIP, set to "assault" from around the corner.

(zoomed in views) They did what they´re told to....

Nr1

X9ABElr.jpg

few more shots to put it to flames....

0maPiLx.jpg

second one....

WXyp7TW.jpg

...finished the same way. A third came into view few seconds later and shared same fate. (no screenie)

4 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Checked my mod list order, but no luck. 😐 Are both you guys on Mac?

I'm on Mc but should not make a difference, have you hid any of the missing objects, for another project maybe??? Love the DOF, which I could get this.... Your tank is wrong by the looks of things, have you installed the mod tag Berlin???????

Edited by NPye

6 minutes ago, NPye said:

I'm on Mc but should not make a difference, have you hid any of the missing objects, for another project maybe??? Love the DOF, which I could get this.....Cheers

Don´t know ATM. I´ll do a fresh Berlin install tomorrow and then see. It´s bedtime now. DoF is Reshade´s "LightDoF.fx"

I´d installed all packages this time giving me 100+ FX for trying out. 🤪

And yep, Berlin tag is in off course.

Edited by RockinHarry

2 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Lovely! 😍 Finally one can try it out! 😎 Very cool promo pic as well! Kudos! 👍🤘

Thanks Harry 🤘

1 hour ago, RockinHarry said:

So dumped it all into my mod folders. @NPye Berlin mod last version I have, then followed by Pz4 mod beeing last in my z folder. Looks like this then. Guess either I´ve stuff missing or has to do with my own tweaks in Berlin mod folder. Berlin mod tag is in as well. Bits of lost overview the past weeks here.

That looks like it's the stock Pz IV G, which is strange. Try taking off the [berlin] tag from the scenario and the textures. The mod should then be used in preference to the stock textures. I've tried this in a basic scenario just to look at all the PzIVs side-by-side.

2 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

finished the same way. A third came into view few seconds later and shared same fate. (no screenie)

Way to go! Iron Crosses all round.

So long as it's got the element of surprise, a bit of luck and FoW it stands a fighting chance, I think the best I got was about seven minutes before a IS 2 punched a rather big hole in it. The commander will stay unbuttoned for a good amount of time if he's set to crack which really  helps with spotting. 

35 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Checked my mod list order, but no luck. 😐 Are both you guys on Mac?

Yes, but I did test it on my PC as well. I reckon your first hunch about tags and other mods is probably more likely. I'll go and check it on a fresh install on a second copy of RT see if I get any issues.

37 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

At least found a better and working  DoF FX now. Another play test here. A fourth russkie made it almost unnoticed to point blanc range. 😮

Great. The ReShade how to is on my list now that this one is out.

I had a similar sneak attack experience. I guess they're only using the gun sight and the commander's vision slits when buttoned. The hull crew are blind, so it's down to about 60% spotting already. 

1 hour ago, NPye said:

Hey this just made my day... awesome bud, love the little details like wine bottles and ammo boxes and great presentation....Cheers a great asset to the Mod...

Thanks Nigel. Do your magic with it.

I reckon it would be a fun scenario to pair it with a Pantherturm on one of your wide open streets. They used them all over the place, have you got the Panzers in Berlin book by Panzerwrecks? There's a whole chapter devoted to the Bodenständig Kompanie. Gives locations for some of them.

Thanks for the screen grabs as well, nice to see it picking up your local textures and using the modded ones. Your low rubble walls are much better than the stock ones.

1 hour ago, NPye said:

I just had a look at the model, awesome mate, love how it's a self contained scene. And it works, I bet that gave you some headaches...lol

Cheers. It was just easier to make it that way, so players can add a few bits and use it. It was not too bad, remembering what to do in Blender was the biggest pain since I hadn't used it for about a year when I started. Good learning experience and I'm now ready for some more goodies. Gonna get back to making some defensive works, burnt ground and trees.

Edited by Lucky_Strike

Got it "fixed"! But that was an unexpected one. Tried opening the P4 MDR with my hex editor, but it refused loading with an error message. Never seen something like that before. But then I noticed mod folder name contains an umlaut "ä" and replaced it with "ae" instead. So that did the "fix". lol 😅 No idea who else could´ve the same problem like me, but I´d go sure with folder name. Do "Berlin Bodenstaendig Pz IVG" or just avoid our nice little umlauts generally.🤪 Nothin else changed with my install btw. Same files and structure than couple hours earlier.

aehH4tn.jpg

Edited by RockinHarry

5 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Way to go! Iron Crosses all round.

So long as it's got the element of surprise, a bit of luck and FoW it stands a fighting chance, I think the best I got was about seven minutes before a IS 2 punched a rather big hole in it. The commander will stay unbuttoned for a good amount of time if he's set to crack which really  helps with spotting. 

LOS ain´t that good for the P4 anyway. Always getting the "spotter is hull down" thing which is normal in this case. But that fourth T34 wasn´t spotted when the commander was still unbuttoned. He closed hatch only after getting 2nd or 3rd MG salvo from that frontally sneaking russkie. Fortunately russkie was a bad shot as first round unleashed on the P4 fell short couple meters in front of it. It likely aimed at center of mass which off course is behind/below ground mesh. Hopefully BFC will teach the AI to shoot at things that it can see actually . Annoying, though lucky for the P4 this time. 😅

Cheers. It was just easier to make it that way, so players can add a few bits and use it. It was not too bad, remembering what to do in Blender was the biggest pain since I hadn't used it for about a year when I started. Good learning experience and I'm now ready for some more goodies. Gonna get back to making some defensive works, burnt ground and trees.

same here. Bits of played around with Blender 2 years ago, then forgot about it again.

I want that new stuff of yours Mark! 🤩 But you know anyway. 😁 (saw your notes in PDF file btw)

Great. The ReShade how to is on my list now that this one is out.

I had a similar sneak attack experience. I guess they're only using the gun sight and the commander's vision slits when buttoned. The hull crew are blind, so it's down to about 60% spotting already. 

Yep, just half the crew can see anything (hull down) but it´s odd the unbuttoned commander got surprised by tank just few meters in front of him. Took 3 MG salvoes and a gun shot to wake him up. lol He was lucky he didn´t get killed staying up for so long. I´d likely set morale 1 or 2 notches lower. Beeing crack experience is just sufficient for overall performance as is +2 leader rating.

5 hours ago, NPye said:

Na my shell idea looked ****e... Some discarded shells would look cool????

RIiGai.jpg

Nice monday morning tryout challenge. 75mm shells and casing. Shell is original and casing a tweaked .50 cal one. Put them as a pair to manhole8.mdr beeing the next in line in Berlin mod. Can seperate them again to single or better yet 2-3 beeing single object for 1m node restrictions and collisions.

used RT stuff
\red thunder v100a\special effects\shell casings
\red thunder v100d\weapons\projectiles

https://www.dropbox.com/s/irhzbeq4hrny2t9/RHZ 75mm Shell and Casing.zip?dl=0

Z6C74l1.jpg

53 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Nice monday morning tryout challenge. 75mm shells and casing. Shell is original and casing a tweaked .50 cal one. Put them as a pair to manhole8.mdr beeing the next in line in Berlin mod. Can seperate them again to single or better yet 2-3 beeing single object for 1m node restrictions and collisions.

used RT stuff
\red thunder v100a\special effects\shell casings
\red thunder v100d\weapons\projectiles

https://www.dropbox.com/s/irhzbeq4hrny2t9/RHZ 75mm Shell and Casing.zip?dl=0

Z6C74l1.jpg

Now that's what i'm talking about... awesome... this is just getting better and better....Cheers

11 minutes ago, NPye said:

Now that's what i'm talking about... awesome... this is just getting better and better....Cheers

Fortunately CM included some stuff already so was rather quick going. The resized 50cal off course is fairly low poly but can likely be refined some. Maybe better than finding and grabbing from the net and then have fun with conversion hassles IMO. At last one "could" copy over META from the 75 shell but likely has not so much benefits. Maybe trying out as single flavor object and then see if placing/rotating gives any problems.

1 hour ago, RockinHarry said:

Fortunately CM included some stuff already so was rather quick going. The resized 50cal off course is fairly low poly but can likely be refined some. Maybe better than finding and grabbing from the net and then have fun with conversion hassles IMO. At last one "could" copy over META from the 75 shell but likely has not so much benefits. Maybe trying out as single flavor object and then see if placing/rotating gives any problems.

I made it a bit more hi res and texturised a bit, placement and rotating was good...Umm the 75mm would be better perhaps as like you say very lo res??????

RI0Mea.png

RI0LQQ.png

7 hours ago, NPye said:

I made it a bit more hi res and texturised a bit, placement and rotating was good...Umm the 75mm would be better perhaps as like you say very lo res??????

RI0Mea.png

RI0LQQ.png

Yeah just like that. Looks good! Seperate the dual object to different arrangements and you´re quite flexible with their placements as well. Maybe bits of downsize them again as they originate from the Pak40 of which shells and cases are somewhat larger than the tank version gun. Otherwise your versions fit very well to the P4 position. 😎

7 hours ago, NPye said:

Meanwhile back at the farm...

RI0uTk.jpg

Beautiful! Almost like oil painting. Would be hard now unleashing CM brutality on it. 😅😎