Armor Spotting Q

My bad. I was thinking of several instances of this situation...

One is a T-60 behind hedge w/light forest ground - 8am clear  - spotted by infantry at 2000m+

Second, a TD in trees w/light forest ground - 8am clear  - spotted by infantry or tanks? at ~1200m+

I've been replaying this map over and over and they are spotted within first 3- 5 minutes. Not on hide but short covered arc.

I'm at work so I can't post pics. :) 

Thanks for responding, George.

Grand :)

Are the infantry moving or stationary? Do they binoculars?

Re the AFVs - were they set to hide at set-up as that’s where in my understanding you get a camouflage bonus. 

Are the tanks hull down relative to the spotters?

With tanks though I always assume if they can see out, then the enemy can see back…

Edited by George MC

Spotting will depend on the optics.  In CW one frequently has the frustration of one side's tanks unable to see the enemy's tanks when the enemy can see and kill the other side.  M48's and M60's vs the Soviets is a good example.  In WW games, the Soviets are usually at a spotting disadvantage.  I can think of a large number of times that my Soviet oppo complained that he couldn't see my German tanks while his kept blowing up.

Edited by Erwin

19 hours ago, George MC said:

Grand :)

Are the infantry moving or stationary? Do they binoculars?

Re the AFVs - were they set to hide at set-up as that’s where in my understanding you get a camouflage bonus.

I believe they don't get any hiding bonus from the HIDE command when it comes to being spotted, but that for vehicles, it means they keep a low noise profile so they can be heard from shorter distances.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I think Modern Titles with their advanced Binos/Thermals are showing their uglies in WWII Titles 😞

Either that, or the Troops in a particular Scenario already have some % of pre-game Intel of Enemy Locations.

Edited by JoMac