The 82nd Airborne in Normandy - series completed and retiring

4 minutes ago, WimO said:

If I am not mistaken I believe that Battlefront is working on a D-Day plus, 101st Airborne pack. I'm looking forward to that. I may have the details wrong but it's something like that.

yes thanks to mention it again Wim I forgot the awaiting BP !

On 6/22/2022 at 7:20 AM, WimO said:

Today I have re-posted all of the scenarios in my series "The 82nd Airborne in Normandy" and added the final three: "DeGlopper's Medal of Honor", "Le Motey", and "Amfreville - Strike Two!". The re-posting was necessitated by a renumbering of a portion of the series to place DeGlopper in the correct sequence and because I edited all the scenario text files to correct  spelling, grammar and numbering errors as well as revising a few of the Special Rules.

Unless stated otherwise in the Special Rules included with some of my scenarios, players should not pre-plot mortar or artillery fire on turn one when playing any of the scenarios.

This ends my 82nd Abn. series which has focused primarily on the fight to secure the La Fiere causeway and the town of Amfreville with a sidebar to the south to cover Lt. Col. Shanley's stand on Hill 30. There were equally important  actions going on east of the Merdert to secure St. Mere Eglise and hold it against German counter-attacks and the securing of the eastern end of the Chef-du-Point bridges and causeway. At this point I am retiring from scenario and map creation to redirect my time to completing modding an unfinished plastic model (Red Knight of Vienna), painting a few hundred 15mm samurai (I should life so long), playing some of my other favourite computer games - Silent Hunter III (modded), Samurai 2 Total War (modded), Scourge of War Waterloo (modded), Wings of Flanders Fields Between Heaven and Hell, CMFB, CMRT, CMFI ... too many and too little time left.. I may or may not get around to finishing reskinning the CMBN modular buildings and barns to look more Dutch.

My backing off from modding CMBN does not mean that I am backing off from playing what has become my favourite game. Indeed, I would be very pleased if any of you would play any of the H2H scenarios which I have created.

Happy gaming all.

i would like to  put a  'please'  vote in for the 'netherlands' buildings if you could be persuaded, it's the main real  shortcoming to the market garden maps.

cheers,

rob

Edited by quakerparrot67

On 6/22/2022 at 3:20 PM, WimO said:

playing some of my other favourite computer games - Silent Hunter III (modded)

Wim, I only just saw this (my bad).  Grey Wolves perhaps?  What a beautiful mod that was.  I haven't played it in a while, CM has taken over...

Edited by Vacillator

2 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Hi Rob

I think @Ithikial_AU is the person to answer that, but Steve did say in his 2023 thread that this is the next content thing to be released.

As per SLitherine's recent announcement CMBN comes to Steam end of March but the BP I'm working on is a separate release sometime after that.

2 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Wim, I only just saw this (my bad).  Grey Wolves perhaps?  What a beautiful mod that was.  I haven't played it in a while, CM has taken over...

Yup, Grey Wolves for a long time. Then did a bit on LSH III.

This was a great effort and contribution to the game but I personally couldn't get used to the quirks of that road-straightening mod thingy that is required for the scenarios to look right. Too many WTF moments when I thought I had cover but didn't and paid the price.