Is there a way to put the mujahedeen models from Combat Mission Afghanistan into shock force 2?

I do not own either CMA or CMSF2...

But I have done this type of "shenanigans" many times and can TRY to walk you through it remotely IF YOU WANT. 

You'd rezexplode the files in CMA and CMSF2 to identify the apple and the orange. You grab the apples from CMA and rename it as the oranges in CMSF2.

Or...wait here and maybe somebody chimes in that has ALREADY done it. @37mm possibly/probably/most definitely?

Let me know.

Edited by kohlenklau

5 hours ago, Dankmushroom said:

how do you rez explode 

ok, this reminds me of one of those airplane disaster movies...I am in the control tower. You're up in the plane.

This might be a bust after all our collaboration just so you know. I can hang in there if you do.

Step 1. In the main folder of your CMA and CMSF2 might/should be a folder called mod tools. In there should be subfolders rezexplode and rezpack. You'll be working with rezexplode. Go in there and see the utility rezexplode and a folder called input. I don't have CMA but usually/probably in another atrea of your CMA main folder is your data files with should be a .brz extension. I think mthere are just 2 from some info I have. Copy the first one and paste it into rezexplode input folder. THEN right click on rezexplode utility and and run as administrator. It produce a new folder of the unpacked/exploded contents of that first brz file you copied. rename the folder as CMA1 or some system. 

If you want, try to accomplish that and we move on to step 2. report back...

Mord suggested this when I was working on my Afghanistan mod and I gave it a quick try. It was several years ago so I don't remember all the details and this is just from memory but the biggest problem was the texturing, not so much importing the models.

The SF2 texture files or skins don't wrap around the CMA models properly. So you'd have to redo the skins entirely from scratch with no template. In theory it is doable but probably a pain in the butt. There were other issues too like the headpiece or the faces being attached to the CMA model but a separate file in SF2 or something alone these lines. Finally some bits are shared between different units, the boots from uncon fighters are shared with regular Syrian infantry etc so that causes issues too depending on which unit you swap it with.