Precision munition and ATGM for Russians

Larsen

Hi,

I played exclusively WWII games and recently out of curiosity bought CMBS.

It has tons of different equipment that I am struggling with.

I have a few questions.

1. Which of the Russian artillery has precision munition? And as a follow up which of them is capable of killing Abrams?

2. Which of the Russian CAS can knock out Abrams?

3. Which of the Russian MBT and IFV have infrared sights and how good are they?

4. Does any of the Russian vehicles has a chance surviving. Javelin hit?

Oh gosh, there's a lot there to consider here, and probably learnt by experience or reading the manual, very carefully, and then looking at wikipedia for arms and ammunition types. CMBS does cry out for a wiki of its own with much of the answers to what you're asking. This is extremely apt when doing a QB or DYO scenario. Also, spotting is extremely important in CMBS, at very long ranges, and still well within killing range. For example,  in QB i had two Abrams hit my T-90 three times from 4km.

You can set up in a home made QB the forces to test all the gear. Many players do these tests so they get first hand experience with what the weapon systems do.

Maybe some tips.....

1. The manual describes Krasnopol-M and Kitolov-2M which are laser guided etc and Kitolov may be top attack. If they hit an abrams in the right place often enough eg sides/rear, maybe one will knock it out or degrade its systems.

2. Those with ATGMs and big bombs might damage an Abrams.

3. The damage panel will show vehicles with IR optics, but the better question is which have thermal sights, the answer to which can be found in the manual or maybe wikipedia.

4. Nope. But, there some chance if the russian is on a crest and is reversing away, or has APS.

....and there are many more ppl here with better insight than I can give.

THH

Thank you for finding time ti respond.

2. Do you know which of the planes or helicopters carry big enough missiles to threaten Abrams?

3. For some reason I thought IR optics abd thermal sights are the same. At least from physics perspective it should be. Do you know which ones have the thermal optics?  Are those sights good enough to spot infantry or are only good to spot vehicles?

And one question that i missed in the first pass 

Do Russians have any ATGM teams/vehicles that can kill Abrams? I saw some said Khrizantema can. What about the others?

I've been playing PBEMs on the huge CW maps imported into Black Sea, and one of the things that's become quite obvious is how important sheer distance is for survival.

As in AT-14 at 2.5KM+ is an outstanding weapon system and hard to detect even with thermals, and the player will have time to relocate the team after they give away their position after a missile or two.

Edited by Grey_Fox

6 hours ago, Larsen said:

Do you know which if any of the russian AA assets can shoot down an observation drone?

Tenguska kills all except the Global Hawk (I think that's the one - whichever one is the biggest/most points expensive US drone) unless it decides to do an attack run.

Edited by Grey_Fox