Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

https://rtvi.com/news/ekspert-rpcz-obyasnil-shodstvo-pechatej-chistoty-warhammer-s-oberegami-v-glavnom-hrame-vooruzhennyh-sil/

Apparently Russia sees itself as the Imperium of Man from the Warhammer 40.000 universe, because they are producent and consecrating something that resembles purity seals. Yes, I know in the article there is an explanation provided, but still, the parallels are too funny to ignore.

The biggest irony is, that they are more like the Orks from the same universe. And yes, I consider them being Warhammer Orks instead of Tolkien's Orcs. The Orks love destruction, violence and looting. In fact violence is the only form of "diplomacy" they use and it's pretty much the only language they understand.

Edited by Vlad
Typo

4 minutes ago, Vlad said:

https://rtvi.com/news/ekspert-rpcz-obyasnil-shodstvo-pechatej-chistoty-warhammer-s-oberegami-v-glavnom-hrame-vooruzhennyh-sil/

Apparently Russia sees itself as the Imperium of Man from the Warhammer 40.000 universe, because they are producent and consecrating something that resembles purity seals. Yes, I know in the article there is an explanation provided, but still, the parallels are too funny to ignore.

The biggest irony is, that they are more like the Orks from the same universe. And yes, I consider them being Warhammer Orkz instead of Tolkien's Orcs. The Orkz love destruction, violence and looting. In fact violence is the only form of "diplomacy" they use and it's pretty much the only language they understand.

I dunno: slavish devotion to a distant god-emperor, backward technology with a reluctance to innovate away from the glory days, a drive for conquest, intolerance of alternative ideas, total extermination of both enemies and rebels, a wealthy elite ruling over impoverished masses, corruption and disorganisation... Seems pretty imperium of man to me! 

19 minutes ago, Vlad said:

The biggest irony is, that they are more like the Orks from the same universe. And yes, I consider them being Warhammer Orks instead of Tolkien's Orcs. The Orks love destruction, violence and looting. In fact violence is the only form of "diplomacy" they use and it's pretty much the only language they understand.

Indeed, Cadia broke before the Guard did.

1 hour ago, Maciej Zwolinski said:

From Cuba. They are ridden by Kuban Cossacks, who should actually be spelled "Cuban" save for the typical error in transcription of "K" as "C" which occurs often between Centum (English) and Satem (Russian) languages. 

god you'd think this would be the one place where history would be respected.  The "Cubans" were cubist painters driven from their homes by impressionists.  The Cubist diaspora is one of those tragic moments in history.  Forced to leave their brushes and easels behind as they fled into the night.  They painted their horses as an early form of camouflage, leading to rumors that they actually rode Zebras.

41 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Well when you are trying to get people with three weeks training to commit ritual suicide in Ukrainian minefields, you use whatever tools come to hand.

Russian military theory appears to consists of praying they have more bodies than the Ukrainians have ammo.

I think all of this is to maintain an image of Russian resolve ahead of the U.S. elections. My opinion, worth what you paid.