NATO module; why I think the dutch should be in.

Aragorn2002

Well, the period of long haired dutch soldiers (the seventies) didn't last long. When I served in the eighties there was little difference anymore with German or British soldiers. Personally I prefered very short hair since it was more hygienic. Most guys in my outfit followed my example. 

1 minute ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Well, the period of long haired dutch soldiers (the seventies) didn't last long. When I served in the eighties there was little difference anymore with German or British soldiers. Personally I prefered very short hair since it was more hygienic. Most guys in my outfit followed my example. 

Yeah I couldn't imagine going out in the field with long hair. Everytime I went on a big training exercise like NTC I shaved my hair to the scalp the day before I left. I always felt bad for the women in my unit who had to deal with their gross hair while out in the field.

12 minutes ago, Bearstronaut said:

Yeah I couldn't imagine going out in the field with long hair. Everytime I went on a big training exercise like NTC I shaved my hair to the scalp the day before I left. I always felt bad for the women in my unit who had to deal with their gross hair while out in the field.

Unfortunately we had no women in the army in my time. I admire female soldiers though. It's much harder on them. Not sure whether they should serve at the front, but perhaps I'm old fashioned. Well, I am.

Edited by Aragorn2002

17 hours ago, Bearstronaut said:

Yeah I couldn't imagine going out in the field with long hair.

Well it didn’t seem to bother the Taliban or any number of people we have been fighting for 30 years or so.  

This sort of stuff, along with the role of women or LGBTQ, is always a loaded subject but I can say that for most modern militaries all that stuff we were so afraid of and some were willing to die-on-a-hill over became the least of our worries.  History has shown the “little things” as big concerns it is endemic in peace time armies, once you get into real fights it all just fades.  Of course we are coming out of all that, so we can go back to arguing about boot blousing et al with the comfort no one is actually trying to kill you.

I sincerely hope this isn't going to turn gay-bashing and woman-bashing on this Holiest of all Holy Days in the Elvis calender.  His Philiadelphia Eagles are playing in the NFL playoffs at this very moment and he doesn't need to be bothered having to babysit the forum at this special, deeply spiritual time.  The eagles are basically the american engineers against Peiper's armored behemoth right now. 

1 minute ago, The_Capt said:

LOL, you clearly do not understand how democracies work if you think this is going to get a serious reaction.

I just tried to express my admiration for your progressive democracy and your young and brave leader, who was not only democratically elected, but also happens to be the son of the former Prime Minister.

Such a good boy. 

8 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

I sincerely hope this isn't going to turn gay-bashing and woman-bashing on this Holiest of all Holy Days in the Elvis calender.  His Philiadelphia Eagles are playing in the NFL playoffs at this very moment and he doesn't need to be bothered having to babysit the forum at this special, deeply spiritual time.  The eagles are basically the american engineers against Peiper's armored behemoth right now. 

It is a test to be grown up, for sure.  I think we can all work together to ensure we do not disturb Elvis on this sacred day.

12 minutes ago, dbsapp said:

I just tried to express my admiration for your progressive democracy and your young and brave leader, who was not only democratically elected, but also happens to be the son of the former Prime Minister.

Such a good boy. 

Again, so far off you don't even see it, can't even see it.  Hilarious.  This is like Axis Annie telling us that "the Statue of Liberty is kaput!".   "Your Tim Hortons is substandard in the production hot beverages!" (Yep, that is showing us alright).

Ok, well enough of this OT stuff back to "why the Dutch should be in!"

Edited by The_Capt

1 minute ago, The_Capt said:

Again, so far off you don't even see it, can't even see it.  Hilarious.  This is like Axis Annie telling us that "the Statue of Liberty is kaput!".   "Your Tim Hortons is substandard in the production hot beverages!" (Yep, that is showing us alright).

Ok, well enough of this OT stuff back to "why the Dutch should be in!"

I really think that you are speaking with some imaginable guy arguing over things that exist only in your head. 

I'm curious how did you come from Youtube video to all this "democracy" stuff. 

11 minutes ago, dbsapp said:

I really think that you are speaking with some imaginable guy arguing over things that exist only in your head. 

I'm curious how did you come from Youtube video to all this "democracy" stuff. 

Really, given your pro-Russian/anti-Western track record you think a shot at a national leader (as awkward and ham-handed as it was) was just innocent banter?  Seriously are they teaching you guys this in school now?  Take a shot, make some fuss and then pretend like you did nothing and everyone is "imagining things"; things like 100k troops parked on the Ukrainian border.

My point on democracy is that by taking a shot at JT you clearly do not understand how they work or the role of politicians in this country at least.  You seem feisty today, new orders come down?

8 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

Really, given your pro-Russian/anti-Western track record you think a shot at a national leader (as awkward and ham-handed as it was) was just innocent banter?  Seriously are they teaching you guys this in school now?  Take a shot, make some fuss and then pretend like you did nothing and everyone is "imagining things"; things like 100k troops parked on the Ukrainian border.

My point on democracy is that by taking a shot at JT you clearly do not understand how they work or the role of politicians in this country at least.  You seem feisty today, new orders come down?

OMG, your mighty leader was offended? Thats the reason for serious investigation. I guess those trolls who made that Youtube video should be arrested for mocking Him. It's time to show how democracy works!

And my...what... "pro-Russian\anti-Western track record"?.. lol man you really have this totalitarian North Korean style thinking. 

Edited by dbsapp

6 minutes ago, BrotherSurplice said:

Maybe Britain, West Germany and East Germany would be more important additions for the first expansion to the game?

No, Dutch should save the world from Red Scare this time. They got hungry for action after Britain pushed them out of their barbarian lands possession. 

Just now, danfrodo said:

seriously, give Elvis a F-ING break and drop the political stuff.  This is a thread about an imaginary CMBS or CMCW NATO expansion to include soldiers who talk like Aragorn.  And hopefully it will become a reality.

Soldiers who talk like Aragorn versus soldiers who talk like Orks from Mordor!

1 minute ago, danfrodo said:

seriously, give Elvis a F-ING break and drop the political stuff.  This is a thread about an imaginary CMBS or CMCW NATO expansion to include soldiers who talk like Aragorn.  And hopefully it will become a reality.

Fair point, as much fun as it is to poke our resident nationalist troll...  To be fair the exclusion was gay and women bashing.

2 minutes ago, Benjamin Ritchie-Hook said:

Indeed, perhaps we should add other Cold War heavyweights like Denmark, Bulgaria and Luxembourg. The game just won't be complete without them!

And don't forget about Principality of Monaco and The Holy See.

I would love to play on the side of Swiss Guard with halberds against t-64.