Cheat Found.

Guest Pillar

For as vague as that was, Pillar, you might as well have kept quite about it (IE emailed BTS about it). Your "warning" has done absolutely nothing in the way of warning us about a possible cheat. Next time you stumble across a cheat, please keep it simple and just send an email to BTS. Thanks.

------------------

"Gun damaged are rare on Shermans because they die like red shirts on Star Trek" - Slapdragon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

Well this has ruined my day.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? If you think it is bad wait until we continue our battle. And I can assure you I am not exercising any unknown "feature" to crush you little SMG squads into the ground.

Considering it took you more than a company of infantry to capture only 1 of the 4 flags I hope you bought about 2 battalions of infantry cause that is what it is gonna take for you to get the other 3. wink.gif

Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pillar:

It's not "I know a secret" BS. Sheesh.

I thought people had the right to know the truth.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But you did not tell us what the truth is did you? Not that I really care but you are going telling how important you are with your so-called secret but in reality, you are an insecure person who wants attention.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Clark:

But you did not tell us what the truth is did you? Not that I really care but you are going telling how important you are with your so-called secret but in reality, you are an insecure person who wants attention.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, thanks Dr. Steve.

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Ealing comedies? I've shot people for less.

-David Edelstein

Fine. I thought I was doing people a favour, but it seems some of you feel I've done harm here by telling the truth.

The Cheat removes all FOW for the cheater.

Lock this one up now.

I have to agree with Mannheim Tanker. Better to keep it to yourself. What you have done is hinted that there is a way. As a result anyone who is good at hacking will be on the hunt to find the cheat.

sniperscope

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>When CM arrived, all other land based war games became crap.

sniperscope<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks a lot guys. I was being honest with teh community and I get insulted and told I'm an insecure person.

Real nice community we have here.

Good bye.

[This message has been edited by Pillar (edited 10-11-2000).]

ok now we're talking!

thats some cheat!

Hey, Pillar, I was only joking around about that "I've got a secret business"

I was just curious like everyone else.

so how does it work?

Anyone else out ther ever heard of this

its still sounds like it can't be that bad, how can one player play with no FOW and the other not know about it

and yes if you were playing like that, then your emeny would be OBVIOUSLY out guessing your nest move every time.

Hey come to think if it isn't that how the Allies won the war in the atlantic against the U-bosts after they broke the enigma code?

smile.gif

Sounds like a good real life Allied victory tactic to me smile.gif

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

For as vague as that was, Pillar, you might as well have kept quite about it (IE emailed BTS about it). Your "warning" has done absolutely nothing in the way of warning us about a possible cheat. Next time you stumble across a cheat, please keep it simple and just send an email to BTS. Thanks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't agree with this statement more. My question is, shouldn't you have emailed BTS before posting anything on the board??

By saying there is a cheat, and notifying the board of it, but not disclosing it, all that serves is that people become critical of one another. (Possibly) I don't feel that I've been cheated against in my PBEM's, except by Berli who everyone knows cheats all the time, that's how he wins. (Settle down, that was my feeble attempt at humor)

Seriously, I fail to see the purpose of posting a potential cheat, but not even giving the remotest (is that a word?) of ideas to what it pertains to. In my very humble opinion, and that's all I'm doing here is stating my opinion, this would have been better served by you identifying the problem with BTS in a confidential email. This then could have been brought to the board with a resolution and the full story.

There's my money's worth.

GI Tom

Edit: Wow! By the time I had finished typing this and spell checking, about 6 responses had come in! Just clarifying as it appears I typed this after Pillar made his 2 previous comments.

------------------

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of wierd sandwich.

[This message has been edited by GI Tom (edited 10-11-2000).]

Thanks a lot guys. I was being honest with teh community and I get insulted and told I'm an insecure person.

Good bye.

B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey man, no need to badmouth everyone. There are good people here!

Thanks about being honest. It's just that some of us thought that you handled the situation a bit tactlessly.

No hard feelings & stuff!!! wink.gif

------------------

My soldiers are regular, must be the fibre in the musli...

Good bye.

[This message has been edited by Pillar (edited 10-11-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Pillar

I'm sure you have made a very important contribution to the development of this game if this cheat is as bad as you say, so far it seems you are the only one that know's how to pull it off.

and I don't blame you for not telling.

I'm still haveing a hard time believing there is an easy way to play and win agaisnt some one who does not know you have your own FOW off?

just curious

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 10-11-2000).]

Thanks a lot guys. I was being honest with the community and I get insulted and told I'm an insecure person.

Good bye.

[This message has been edited by Pillar (edited 10-11-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, Pillar. What exactly did you expect?

You post a public message claiming that you know something, but you are unwilling to share it.

That amounts to you showing up and telling everyone that they should know that you know something that they do not. What is the point?

The result was inevitable. You want everyone to know exactly as much of the "truth" as you feel they are capable of handling, but no more.

Either come clean and keep it to yourself. Going halfway can have no result other than pissing everyone off. Personally, I think you should have just told BTS about it to begin with and left it at that.

Jeff Heidman

P.S. Thsi new spell checker is awsum.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Four Stringer:

Darn,

I thought it was going to be something cool like the "deathfart" cheat in Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh you can have one of these if I try hard!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Check out my sig. biggrin.gif

------------------

My soldiers are regular, must be the fibre in the musli...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

ok now we're talking!

thats some cheat!...

...so how does it work?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC, This is from a long way back (it came up during a game with Fionn and somebody)(I don't think it was Maximus) during the Beta demo I believe.

In this case, there was no need to "hack" into the program to achieve the FOW off status. You just turned the option off. Not sure if this is what Pillar is referring to now or not.

In any case, back to my dark corner... smile.gif

------------------

Dan

Edited to fix code problems. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by DanE (edited 10-11-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Walter:

I'd seen allusions to Maximus doing this in a PBEM with Fionn? Therefore, it is presumably a known problem. Am I remembering correctly?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was Manieri IIRC. And AFAIK that particular method of defeating FOW was corrected back in 1.02 or so.

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Trooper:

Oh really...

Given that the information provided in this thread is as near to useless as of no consequence.. I shall be doing nothing.

Besides, I've only lost one game so far, and that was a close one!

NTM<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh Hah!

Clearly, we have found the cheater!!

BTW, (while we are whining about cheating) anyone ever hear of a Counter-Strike cheat where you can make it so you always get head shots? I played against someone last night who had a 22-0 kill record, and he killed me with three head shots in a row...

Jeff Heidman