A Pleasant Italian Town QB map.

Hello, I have designed  a large detailed map that can be used as a QB map, or if you want create a H2H battle. The map is 3632x1296 rural-agricultural.  Later I will have completed the actual Scenario for this map.  Enjoy and let me know your thoughts.  You can download the map here.

Ghost Rider CM Missions - Dropbox   If you have any issues, please pm me and I will remedy any issues.

James.

4 hours ago, AlanSA said:

Unfortunately I'm getting a "The folder ‘/Ghost Rider CM Missions’ doesn’t exist." error from the link.

Strange, try this.. if this does not work, send me a pm and I will send it to you via email.   ZipShare - Dropbox  unfortunately I am new to Dropbox.. LOL   https://www.dropbox.com/sh/415xkyoewenftih/AAC4viQIyFnF-JSZXbPVequXa?dl=0

James.

Edited by GhostRider3/3

James, a tip/suggestion/whatever...you can also put the link to your ENTIRE CM dropbox folder in your BFC forum signature. That might prevent what you feared in the other thread...your labors being lost downstream in the flowing river of forum posts... 

Thank you for making CM content. If you ever get a hankering for the gritty and sandy action of North Africa, please send me a PM. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, if anyone would like to preview the Scenario send me a PM and I will email it to you.  This Scenario is for ALLIED vs AI (German) or H2H.  Need playtesting for both.  Working on the text and pictures and will get done with them this week.... if work lets me.

The Situation:  British V Corps and the Canadian I Corps are advancing in Northern Italy.  Player will have elements of the UK 46th Inf. Div/ 138th Brigade, assisted by elements of the Canadian 5th Armd. Div. (5th Armd Brg/ 2nd Armd. Regt. (LdSH)RC "Lord Strathcona's Horse" Royal Canadians.  Basically cross a river, take a town and vital points for the advance of V and I Corps.

Now the Germans will do their best to stop you, those tenacious bastards!  The Germans are from the 26th Panzer Div.  If playing H2H the most experienced player should play the Allies.  Both forces are somewhat equal in more ways than not.

Here is the link... Let me know if this does not work.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/cl8gwf6q6y7tyyv/A Once Quiet Town.zip?dl=0    Need playtesting, and H2H playtesting.  Many thanks.  Completed text and pictures so it is ready to go, just need the testing to see how crazy it is.

Edited by GhostRider3/3

Well either I really suck, or I kicked my own ass.  LOL  I made a couple of adjustments as this is more of an Assault than a wandering Advance.  Even though you have some intel on some enemy positions, you cant really do anything and you would think Arty would be available for the Allies on an Advance or Assault on the quick.  So I made a couple of adjustments and added D Company Reserves to the Allies.  I'm guessing the more methodical you go the better but its still a challenge... depending on player skill level.

This is a link for version 2.  All I added was a Reserve Company for the Allies, and made ready the 25lb Arty on the Allies R1 turn. D Company arrives with the SP Arty from Regt.  at about 40-45min. https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6uvv3pgh9hqupz/A Quiet Town V2.zip?dl=0  (Updated) 7pm PST.

I am not the best player on the planet, but when you get your arse handed to you by your own design.. its a little funny... and I know where everything is.  Careless I guess.  Anyways I think this will also balance out for any H2H play as this scenario is basically an Assault.

Edited by GhostRider3/3

I've just started the original.....Should I download the newer one or do you still want some feedback on the original version?

13 hours ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

I am not the best player on the planet, but when you get your arse handed to you by your own design.. its a little funny...

TBH that happens to me quite a lot (in testing at any rate).  ;)

I'm really enjoying the original version, I'm thirty turns in and so far only four rounds have been fired.....All spotting rounds from what I believe is an 82mm Mortar targetting OP-1. 

My lads are having it away on their toes, hopefully they'll get clear before the stonk arrives!  We've got a pretty good view of the German positions and are beginning to set up our own (there were a few C2 issues to begin with as various units waited for their parent formations to arrive).

Thus far I'm having a lot of fun.  B)

I'll send you a PM with a link to my current save.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Ok glad things are going well.  I was also thinking about delaying the German Counter-Attack of sorts.  I think it was a little soon in my opinion, but will wait until I hear back from everyone who is playtesting to get their input.  Glad you are having a blast, spent a month just doing that map, as I wanted an immersive feel for anyone who might even want to video it for the innerwebs.  :)

Hello everyone that is playtesting.  I went over it for the 5th time.   I have since done some revisions.   Fixed some map Aesthetics' and flavor objects.  Added 8 Troop in which I  had forgot in the very beginning with a couple small items.  Fixed some AI timing on the Axis side to make it more Neutral for H2H play of sorts and added more to Allied description and added the names of those play testing the scenario.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8rpdpnpn7k2p46/A Once Quiet Town V2.zip?dl=0

LATEST VERSION HERE...

On the latest version the Timing of the Axis force was too early:  I believe for my part of playtesting this has achieved what I was looking to get.  I await what the play testers come up with and their thoughts before linking this to an official Scenario.  I will be making another Scenario from the German side and should be done in the next month or so.  ** This will be a more dedicated counter-attack from the German player vs AI in defense as the AI I tested had massive issues trying to SMARTLY cross the bridge... it ended in a "Cluster Muck"  Both scenarios will still be balanced for H2H.

Edited by GhostRider3/3

• 1 month later...

I know the Holidays has kept everyone busy, but I felt that if this scenario had given anyone too many problems... I added an easier version.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/mej61fu2f4un2sl/A Once Quite Town Easier V2.zip?dl=0   This version I added another crossing point in which the player will have to find.  I also added another Troop level 25lb arty element, as I felt that any crossing of Battalion size would have at least a full complement of Arty to assist.  Nothing else has changed from Version 2.  This version is a bit more flexible but still with challenges all the same.

Happy New Year everyone, and stay safe!

James.

On 11/4/2021 at 9:33 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I'm really enjoying the original version, I'm thirty turns in and so far only four rounds have been fired.....All spotting rounds from what I believe is an 82mm Mortar targetting OP-1. 

My lads are having it away on their toes, hopefully they'll get clear before the stonk arrives!  We've got a pretty good view of the German positions and are beginning to set up our own (there were a few C2 issues to begin with as various units waited for their parent formations to arrive).

Thus far I'm having a lot of fun.  B)

I'll send you a PM with a link to my current save.

Sgt. Squarehead how goes it.  LOL  Happy New Years.   I have to tell you, I got pasted every time I played, and I even knew where everything was... because I made it.  That being said it was to be a real challenge.  I did make V2 to coincide with a better German timing response and in the latest 'EasierV2 " I just uploaded a more flexible map for the Allied player, all the same still having a challenging enemy, I think.  Anyways your thoughts are welcomed.