So what games are u playing while u wait?

Europeon Air War by Microprose.

This game has a renewed interest for me since there are literally tons of free 3rd party enhancements available now. It is the finest solo play WW2 sim in existence and will be very tough to dethrone. It is an absolute steal at most game stores...probably can pick it up for 20 bucks USA. If you ever had any type of interest in flight simulations (especially WW2) this is the one to get.

------------------

73 de kb9sog

Support Amateur Radio

BJ Simpson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest teutonic

Eversmack wink.gif

WWII Fighters

MSflight sim 2000

Was looking at Panzer Elite. I see some here really like it any dissenting opinions of it.

Teutonic

ps And of course CMdemo and pbem

[This message has been edited by teutonic (edited 01-11-2000).]

Looking over this list has given me some ideas on games to reinstall (EAW & Ardennes Offensive). For right now, though, I'm embrioled in:

Unreal Tournament

Freespace 2 (when I have time to lug my F22/TQS/RCS controllers into place... yess, I'm a geek). Love it but with limited deskspace and large bases on my controllers, I ave to have time to prepare to play... a weekend game).

I82...actually, I scream like a 3 year old about how a brilliant and original game's sequal was dumbed down into a driving arcade shooter.

JA2

Jedi Knight Just borrowed from a buddy of mine... Like shooters ok, but loved single player Outlaws... some of the same fun can be had here.

I'm actually scheduled to play a real board game this weekend. We're setting up the old AH War and Peace on Friday night and will have a 4 player game... woohoo! First time I've actually spread out a boad and rolled dice in about 3 years!

Oh yeah... There's CM Demo!

And the greatest game of all... looking at screenshots of the final Cm game and reading this forum.

[This message has been edited by Compassion (edited 01-11-2000).]

I've been wasting all my limited free time with:

Rouge Spear (online and single player)

CCIV (as well as CCIII mods)

CM Demo

Panzer Elite (just aquired... but lookin good)

Quake3 Test (when i need a quick fix and don't want to be bothered with using my brain too much!)

hehe....

Just playing all the games I have all over again...

and notice alot of fun playing old games like

Quake 2

Close Combat 1,2

Marathon1,2,3,4

and also playing the newest game out

Unreal Tournament

Quake 3

and makeing SKIN for Unreal tournament

I will put up at some of the ut skin pages

Guest Madmatt

What?!? You mean you can use one of these things to PLAY games?!? rolleyes.gif

Letsee well:

CM <- Obviously

Spyro II <- Got a PSX for Xmas! He is SOOOO CUTE!!

Half-Life Counterstrike Mod

Unreal Tourny

EAW <- best WWII air sim PERIOD

Falcon 4 <- Well, I was a beta tester for it, gotta show some loyalty, you know!

Rogue Spear, I like using the Predator Minigun Mod and just playing Terrorist Hunt!!!

Mig Alley <- Very fun! Got it for Xmas too.

Umm thats all I can think of now, although with over 60 Gigabyte of storage I still have just about everything still installed in place or the other! wink.gif

eek.gif pu dexim lla dna...tuo ttamdaM

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-11-2000).]

After upgrading to Windows 2000, I'm not playing much of anything frown.gif

Anything that writes directly to hardware (Dos), or is not fully compliant with DirectX 7 and it's a no go.

But, on the Mac side of things, I'm still playing TetrisMax.

My *big* mistakes was upgrading to NTFS rather than just FAT32.

C'est la vie.

Tom

what am i playing?

mostly cm demo but i do occasionally get to play my home grown game of minatures (called combined assault by the way) which is why i like combat mission so much. the same detail that i have incorporated in my minatures can be found in cm. by the way thanx to wild bill's raiders and all those great scenarios he made up for "on all fronts" i converted them into great battles for my tabletop.

Guest Zigster

X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter (Yeah, yeah, I know...)

All of Talonsoft's Civil War offerings via club play.

Steel Panthers for my weekly armour fix. Hopin' to retire that one soon(?)

------------------

Der Zig

Guest GriffinCheng

Planescape: Tornment,

Flanker 2 (long time fans)

F/A-18

CM Demo (a PEBM game)

Wheel of Time

Grand Prix Legends

Plan to re-install TOAW1 and play "Tourbk"

2 many game but 2 little time.

(ps have thought about quitting day job and be a "professional gamer)

I play quite a bit of ASL (Advanced Squad Leader). Just started the new campaign game A Bridge too Far. Looks like I won't finish it until CM goes gold.

I am the Germans and have a feeling that I will get pounded the first few CG's but after exhaustion, water shortage (hope it does not rain) and other Brit problems I hope to start dishing it out with Panthers/Tigers. Don't think the PIAT's will be able to do the job against these monsters.

Am I the only ASL player on the list?

Srare-I played it from its inception,buying all the 'gamettes' along the way,until the addition of detail made me give it up.I do have ASL and a couple of the ASL expansions,etc,but it's just too much unless one plays it exclusively.

Operational and strategic games work better for me as boardgames anyway-I think computers will handle tactical level games best soon enough.

I would imagine there are quite a few ASL players that hang out here,at least now and then-after all,the game was originally to be 'Computer Squad Leader'. wink.gif

Mike

My old favorites and some new ones:

Steel Panthers...all versions

Panzer Commander

Panzer Elite

A little of TOAW - TOAW II

And of course, Combat Mission as it heads toward its grand finale...

That is not a gloat, by the way (G)!

------------------

Wild Bill

Wild Bill's Raiders

Director of Scenario Design,

The Gamers Net

billw@thegamers.net

http://wbr.thegamers.net