how to install game ?????

Download the zip/rar file to a suitable location such as My Documents (or a sub-folder therein), extract the file to the same location.

Double click on the installer, point it to wherever you normally install your games.....Let it rip.

Double click the Activate (Product Title) desktop icon, enter your key when prompted.....Play CM.

Note - It's wise to disable your AV while installing, then to create an exception in your AV rules for the CM game folder (ie: wherever you pointed the installer to) before reactivating your AV.

I have all the CM games, they all work fine for me (Win 10, silly specs).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

15 minutes ago, chase84 said:

so am at a loss as to how to install this game i download the widows installer a bunch of times still no game.  am geting nothing that has just the game on.  

Could the problem bet that the installer is still compressed and you have to expand it before running the installer?

Dave

Can you locate the file that you just downloaded (often in the 'Downloads' folder for most browsers) ? What is the name of that file ? Typically downloads will NOT be directly executable as some previous posts have pointed out. So your browser offering to 'run' what you just downloaded is not going to do anything. Your download is likely a compression archive (.zip or .rar) that needs to be extracted which will produce the actual installer files that you can run to install the game. Follow Sgt. Squarehead's advice above to get things running. If you have followed his advice, then tell us exactly at what point you're running into an error and what that error is.

Edited by Schrullenhaft

To amplify on step 1 of Sgt Squarehead's steps - to extract the compressed installer, you'll need to have a small utility. There are several that are free to download. "7-Zip" I believe should do the trick. That will extract the compressed installer to the same location as your download and it will be an .exe file. You will then be able to run that to install the game. You don't need to move the files anywhere. If they are in your "Downloads" folder, you can run them from there.

To get 7-Zip, go here:

https://www.7-zip.org

There are others but I've found this to work really well on pretty much any compressed file - it handles many formats.

Dave

11 hours ago, Ultradave said:

To amplify on step 1 of Sgt Squarehead's steps - to extract the compressed installer, you'll need to have a small utility. There are several that are free to download. "7-Zip" I believe should do the trick. That will extract the compressed installer to the same location as your download and it will be an .exe file. You will then be able to run that to install the game. You don't need to move the files anywhere. If they are in your "Downloads" folder, you can run them from there.

To get 7-Zip, go here:

https://www.7-zip.org

There are others but I've found this to work really well on pretty much any compressed file - it handles many formats.

Dave

To further amplify on @Ultradave's amplification (Turn it up to 11 man!  B)).....Once you have downloaded a suitable decompression tool (7Zip, WinRar, BreeZip etc.) and have that working, you should follow my step one.

Once the compressed game file is downloaded from Battlefront and moved to it's new residence (if you don't already have one, creating a folder called 'Game Installers' in My Documents might serve you well), right click on it.....You should see a selection of options, one of which is usually 'Extract Here', selecting this option will cause the contents of the compressed file to appear in the same location as the file itself, they should pop into view as you watch (IIRC it's a single folder with the goodies within).

One of these goodies will be a CM looking icon and will be called (Whatever CM Game) v(Whatever Version) Installer.exe.....This is the one you want, double click it and follow the steps in the installation process.

Depending on the sophistication of your PC, you may want to redirect the installer.....Do you have multiple SSD drives on your rig?  If you have multiple SSDs, let us know before proceeding.....Otherwise, just let it do it's thing (tell it yes when it asks about desktop icons). 

If I remember rightly it will finish up asking you if you want to play the game.....Say yes and this should automatically take you to the activation screen, enter the keycode you got with your purchase invoice and that should be you in the CM family. 

If this doesn't happen, you should find an 'Activate Products' icon among those generated by the installer on your desktop (it looks like the game icon), double click that and it will take you to the activation page as above.....That really should cover it. 

If you really struggle with this, send a PM to @BFCElvis .....He will always get you sorted (but try to do it yourself first, because when you've done it once, you'll know how to do it again).