So I just bought Black Sea now what?

Ok just bought Black Sea and 1st module. For Black Sea I chose download, disk, and manual ( as this is first game) so I see the order numbers in " my account" - where do I download the game from ? I kinda thought there would be a download now button or something

also I assume the manual and disk will be mailed , is there a digital version I can read somewhere 

Ok just thought to check my Email , So you down load from an email sent by Battlefront ?

so how could I read a manual before mine arrives via snail mail , or is there one in the files of every game ?

thanks in advance

Edited by Billythegoat
Maybe found answer

Ok , maybe on7zip now   , looks like 15 files on 7zip , but if I double click on any file it comes up ina box 

how do you want to open this file

choices are 

look for app in Microsoft store 

internet explorer

note pad

paint

windows media player

word

word pad

then a little check box - always use this app open in .brz files

so really back where I started , with the exception of this is the first time I see 15 files with Black Sea 

anybody out there 

35 minutes ago, Monty's Mighty Moustache said:

Try right clicking on the downloaded zip and select the 7zip options. Or open 7zip and drag it in

Well initially the download got loaded on internet explorer app , without help from the forum members and no installation instructions, I went with that after 2 hours , then 82nd told me to get 7zip and for some odd reason that did not load as an installed app , it gave me a zip file  ( little zipper looking thing ) and had the 2 GB file in it , but would not open. I retried to load the7xip this am And the app loaded on my desktop. Last PM in a desperate attempt to get the game to work I moved it from internet explorer to a Microsoft word app then to 7zip.

On this 7zip app I now see 15 files of CMBS 

pictures to big to load

Ok , it was Microsoft word pad that I moved it to , then I moved to 7zip , and see the 15 files , but when I go to my app's ( under the start bottom ( little four squared symbol , bottom left of computer screen ) and open 7zip it just has the

computer 

documents

network

\\. 

In it

You only downloaded the installer, it won’t automatically install the game for you. The downloaded file should be of type RAR which is a form of zipped file (assuming you’re on Windows), you can check by right clicking on the file and selecting properties. That should tell you what type it is. If it’s not a RAR file then something likely went wrong in the process and you’ll have to download it again.

Once you’ve got the RAR file right click on it and select 7zip > Extract to here, it may take a small while but when it’s finished you should find a .exe file that you need to double click, going off memory I think it may be called setup.exe or something like that, it’s icon looks like the game icon if that helps. 

That will run the setup process and you can choose where to install the game (I would leave it as the default) and you will have options to add shortcuts to your desktop etc. Once it’s successfully installed you can safely delete the RAR file and the files that were extracted

Edited by Monty's Mighty Moustache

12 minutes ago, Monty's Mighty Moustache said:

You only downloaded the installer, it won’t automatically install the game for you. The downloaded file should be of type RAR which is a form of zipped file (assuming you’re on Windows), you can check by right clicking on the fuel and selecting properties  That should tell you what type it is. If it’s not a RAR file then something likely went wrong in the process and you’ll have to download it again.

Once you’ve got the RAR file right click on it and select 7zip > Extract to here, it may take a small while but when it’s finished you should find a .exe file that you need to double click, gong of memory I think it may be called setup.exe or something like that, it’s icon looks like the game icon of that helps. 

That will run the setup process and you can choose where to install the game (I would leave it as the default) and you will have options to add shortcuts to your desktop etc. Once it’s successfully installed you can safely delete the RAR file and the files that were extracted

Found it in " one Drive" 

CMBS Win v216 Installer           Date I did it ,    RAR file          2,055,699... (size)  

is that it ?

I kinda feel like I just got a kidney transplant and this is how it went

me: I feel great 

doctor : good , see you in a week

me: ( a week later) doc I feel awful, like I'm dying

doc: your taking your pills aren't you ?

me: no , you didn't say anything about any pills 

doc : you gotta take pills

me: ( a week later ) doc still feel awful

doc : you taking pills 

me: yes , I had pills in my medicine cabinet

doc : what pills ? 

Me : said Tylenol 

doc : no you have to take anti regection pill , xxxx

me: me , thanks

one week later 

me: doc still feel awful 

doc: you taking xxxx 

me : yes , I took one when I got home last week

doc : you have to take them 3 times a day for the rest of your life

me:  oh , I guess that is my mistake ???

this is not a bash on BF , just really freakin frustrated with this 

Edited by Billythegoat
Other

Ok , so I managed to get the little round blue circle with a yellow star in the middle that has CM Black Sea v216 installer on my desk top

when i double click that 

user account control

do you want to allow this app to make change your device 

( little blue circle with yellow star icon ) installer

verified publisher: Battlefront.com,Inc.

file origin: hard drive on this computer 

then I got ,  a show more details ( I can click on )

then , yes/no selection 

does this look right ?

Edited by Billythegoat

I think we can all agree that the system of locating/identifying our orders, downloading and installing games, patches, updates etc is not at all intuitive.  We can only hope that with the money BF is making (or should be making) from their defense contracts that they will, in the not too distant future, acquire the programming staff to revamp the website... and redo the whole system.