So I just bought Black Sea now what?

2 minutes ago, Billythegoat said:

Now , does steam send the download in an email or you download it on the spot at purchase , I ask because I like to use my IPad to purchase, but I access my mail and download to my new laptop

If you’ve got Steam installed on your laptop once you redeem the key it should show up in your library and you can install it just like any other game on Steam.

Gonna try one more thing ,since this was a new laptop I am going to reset it to original files , then I will try down load again , what I am getting now is during installation it say there is a missing file related to me local time , temp. Picture is too big to post

an error occurred while trying to read the source file

Edited by Billythegoat
Other

5 hours ago, Billythegoat said:

Thanks , now just a question , since I have it in 7zip , would I just move the install to bandizip or uninstall 7zip and re download from BF email to bandizip ?

I'm confused by this question (you may be too 🙂  ) You don't "have it in 7zip".   7 zip is a utility to open compressed files. It's just a program/app. Do you still have the downloaded installer in .rar format?  If so, then once you've downloaded Bandizip, open Bandizip and select whatever menu choice gets you to specify a file to open (I'm assuming File/Open or File/Uncompress but I don't have it, so I'm guessing - it should be very obvious).

Once it does it's thing you should then have an installer that is executable that you can just double click on and it will run. The installer for PC should end in .exe.

You don't have to throw 7-zip away if you don't want to. I've always found it to be a pretty good utility.

One more comment. You say "move the install to Bandizip"  Just leave the downloaded installer .rar file in your Downloads directory. Direct Bandizep to open that file. The installer will take care of putting the files in all the right places.

Hope that helps.

Dave

[edit]  corrected. I meant .rar, not .zip and fixed that (for anyone else reading since I see you got it running)

Edited by Ultradave

25 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

I'm confused by this question (you may be too 🙂  ) You don't "have it in 7zip".   7 zip is a utility to open compressed files. It's just a program/app. Do you still have the downloaded installer in .zip format?  If so, then once you've downloaded Bandizip, open Bandizip and select whatever menu choice gets you to specify a file to open (I'm assuming File/Open or File/Uncompress but I don't have it, so I'm guessing - it should be very obvious).

Once it does it's thing you should then have an installer that is executable that you can just double click on and it will run. The installer for PC should end in .exe.

You don't have to throw 7-zip away if you don't want to. I've always found it to be a pretty good utility.

One more comment. You say "move the install to Bandizip"  Just leave the downloaded installer .zip file in your Downloads directory. Direct Bandizep to open that file. The installer will take care of putting the files in all the right places.

Hope that helps.

Dave

The only place the CMBS  installer files , I see , are in 7 zip , when I originally download from the email it had a move to : with a few places available on (new) laptop - I first chose internet explorer, would not open , then wordpad , would not open , then when someone posted about putting them in 7zip that's were the files (15) of them rested. Since I thought all the crazy moving around of the files corrupted them , I reset computer to factory setting ( again it was new except CMBS). So I got 7zip app this am before I re downloaded BS and same error. Are you saying RAR files are somewhere else and 7zip ? I have moved the files from 7zip to desktop , because I had no open with bandizip option with files in 7zip. I say in 7 zip because when I double click the 7zip app icon I see the installer file and double click that the 15 files. 

So so when you ask if the installer is in . Zip , I have no ideal what that means.  I was expecting this game to pop up on my desktop with a CMBS icon and I click and play ( once originally downloaded I had the option of moving the installer files in the choice given on the first or so posts on this thread. And I chose what a chosed till you guys started helping