So I just bought Black Sea now what?

1 minute ago, Erwin said:

I think we can all agree that the system of locating/identifying our orders, downloading and installing games, patches, updates etc is not at all intuitive.  We can only hope that with the money BF is making (or should be making) from their defense contracts that they will, in the not too distant future, acquire the programming staff to revamp the website... and redo the whole system.  

To be fair CMBS is on Steam so all this can be avoided ;) But it ain’t perfect. 

9 minutes ago, Erwin said:

I think we can all agree that the system of locating/identifying our orders, downloading and installing games, patches, updates etc is not at all intuitive.  We can only hope that with the money BF is making (or should be making) from their defense contracts that they will, in the not too distant future, acquire the programming staff to revamp the website... and redo the whole system.  

Amen , I was an operating room RN for my working life , so far , and for a few years I had to write " polices and procedures " , these had to so ANY RN could read this and preform an action that is safe , follows all JCAHO/AORN standards , and protects the hospital with current standard of care.

9 minutes ago, Erwin said:

7 minutes ago, Billythegoat said:

You mean I could have just bought this on steam and it would have popped up as an icon on my desktop after hitting the download from an email ?

Yes, both Black Sea and Shock Force 2 are available on Steam with Cold War coming soon. All purchases from Battlefront’s website come with a Steam key if the game is available on that platform so you should have one for Black Sea. 

Not sure where you find it though as I don’t actually own either SF2 or BS, I assume it would be listed under your order on the battlefront website where the activation key is but someone with more knowledge may come along and confirm or correct that assumption. 

Edited by Monty's Mighty Moustache

11 minutes ago, Monty's Mighty Moustache said:

Yes, both Black Sea and Shock Force 2 are available on Steam with Cold War coming soon. All purchases from Battlefront’s website come with a Steam key if the game is available on that platform so you should have one for Black Sea. 

Not sure where you find it though as I don’t actually own either SF2 or BS, I assume it would be listed under your order on the battlefront website where the activation key is but someone with more knowledge may come along and confirm or correct that assumption. 

I could have got both CMBS and 1st module for 60 dollars on steam , but I did like the ideal of getting the disk and manual option from BF , and I wanted to more directly support Battlefront ( even though they may never do a Invasion USA module in Cold War ), this is my first Battlefront game 

9 minutes ago, Billythegoat said:

I could have got both CMBS and 1st module for 60 dollars on steam , but I did like the ideal of getting the disk and manual option from BF , and I wanted to more directly support Battlefront ( even though they may never do a Invasion USA module in Cold War ), this is my first Battlefront game 

Well like I say you should have a Steam key so if you are still having trouble it might be worth installing on Steam instead. I saw you asked about the manual earlier and yes you get a PDF version with the download btw. 

I own all the games except the two mentioned above and would rather buy direct too to support the guys, there really is nothing like it out there. The sale on Steam at the mo is making Shock Force 2 very attractive though.

Are you up and running yet btw? 

MMM

16 minutes ago, Monty's Mighty Moustache said:

Well like I say you should have a Steam key so if you are still having trouble it might be worth installing on Steam instead. I saw you asked about the manual earlier and yes you get a PDF version with the download btw. 

I own all the games except the two mentioned above and would rather buy direct too to support the guys, there really is nothing like it out there. The sale on Steam at the mo is making Shock Force 2 very attractive though.

Are you up and running yet btw? 

MMM

About to try , I have the big blue play button , but seeing if I get an answer to the Module upload , before I screw my chance on that

13 minutes ago, Billythegoat said:

Ok , so unlocked main game and game Engine 4.0 , how do I get the add on module ? Or how do I enter that activation code ?

Look in the installation folder. There’s a script that is titled “Activate Additional Products”. Run that script and a window will pop up where you can enter your DLC serial number. Then the window will show all the things licensed and a play button. You are good to go then. 

2 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

Look in the installation folder. There’s a script that is titled “Activate Additional Products”. Run that script and a window will pop up where you can enter your DLC serial number. Then the window will show all the things licensed and a play button. You are good to go then. 

Thanks , and really appreciate the help on this from everyone 

20 minutes ago, Billythegoat said:

Ok , so unlocked main game and game Engine 4.0 , how do I get the add on module ? Or how do I enter that activation code ?

Did you buy them separately or as a bundle? If it was a bundle then you have the module already, if not then you’ll have to download that separately but I’d get up and running on the base game first. 

Just now, Billythegoat said:

do you mean to try and activate it again ?

No only if you hadn’t already but sounds like you have. Not sure what else to suggest. Might be worth trying Steam if you can’t get it working. You would probably need to uninstall the version you have just installed, there’s an i installer in the folder you installed it to I think

4 minutes ago, Monty's Mighty Moustache said:

No only if you hadn’t already but sounds like you have. Not sure what else to suggest. Might be worth trying Steam if you can’t get it working. You would probably need to uninstall the version you have just installed, there’s an i installer in the folder you installed it to I think

I yeah , I have the second download from BF going now , so I need to uninstall everything , zip files , 7zip files , manuals, or will this overwrite it , but steam looking like an option right now, gonna wait the 3 hours for the 2nd download from BF

4 minutes ago, Monty's Mighty Moustache said:

Yeah I’d start with a clean slate to rule out the old files causing issues

Yup , I also remember, I get 2 activations , I think I can download as any times as necessary. But steam looking better , if after I purchase it , I hit a download button on their email and it pops up on my desktop without giving me a chance to screw it up. I think maybe original files corrupted with the multi transfers between internet explorer and wordpad

6 minutes ago, Billythegoat said:

Yup , I also remember, I get 2 activations , I think I can download as any times as necessary. But steam looking better , if after I purchase it , I hit a download button on their email and it pops up on my desktop without giving me a chance to screw it up. I think maybe original files corrupted with the multi transfers between internet explorer and wordpad

You get two activations a year but if you need more you can raise a ticket with the help desk and explain why and they will usually give you more