Heavy Sturm platoons lacking their 2xMG + assault rifles?

I just noticed that in the Volksgrenadier Company, all three squads of the Heavy Sturm platoon seem to lack their double MG and StG44. Instead, they seem lightly equipped with only one MG and regular K98 rifles. Basically like a regular Fusilier platoon.

This is not to be confused with the Heavy Sturm squad that is part of the normal Sturm platoon.

If anyone wants to have an easy look at it, just open up the scenario "Day of Attrition".

To begin with, I thought this was just a result of a low equipment quality being selected, but it goes with all the Heavy Sturm platoons in that scenario, not just some of them.

4 hours ago, akd said:

This is correct, although the labeling used in the editor is a bit misleading.  Two platoons in each Volksgrenadier company were equipped as Sturm platoons while the third was equipped as a normal rifle platoon.

https://www.wwiidaybyday.com/kstn/kstn131v1nov44.htm

Thanks for the answer. So if I understand it right, basically the OOB is correct but they are just labelled wrong.

Just now, Bulletpoint said:

Thanks for the answer. So if I understand it right, basically the OOB is correct but they are just labelled wrong.

Because there is some small variation from the platoon in the standard Grenadier battalion, it requires a distinguishing label in the TO&E.  In this case all the Sturm company subordinate platoons are noted as being part of this Sturm company org, and in the case of the 3rd platoon, it carries the “heavier” load of MGs and MG ammo.

In reality it was “1. And 2. Sturm Zug” and “3. Zug” which you can rename them to if you wish, but the game requires something more specific to keep sub-units separate in the TO&E.

1 hour ago, akd said:

Because there is some small variation from the platoon in the standard Grenadier battalion, it requires a distinguishing label in the TO&E.  In this case all the Sturm company subordinate platoons are noted as being part of this Sturm company org, and in the case of the 3rd platoon, it carries the “heavier” load of MGs and MG ammo.

I guess you mean it's "heavier" because the 3rd platoon in total carries 3xMG whereas the other two platoons carry 2 each.

1 hour ago, akd said:

In reality it was “1. And 2. Sturm Zug” and “3. Zug” which you can rename them to if you wish, but the game requires something more specific to keep sub-units separate in the TO&E.

I think it would be nice if these relatively light squads were not named the same as the 'real' Heavy Sturm squads from 1. and 2. Sturm Zug.

Maybe call them "Sturm Support Squad" or similar. Just an idea.